LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2014 Off-Season Thread ***

Sounds like Clowe is on his way to New York.

I love that we're stockpiling picks. A rebuild will be due soon one way or another.
[ Edited by SFrush on Apr 2, 2013 at 3:17 PM ]
Since clowe couldn't reach a deal his trade value went down

Never liked clowe, greedy b*****d lol
That n***a clowe got trades. I haz sad
Per rotoworld:

Ryane Clowe has waived his no-trade clause and agreed to be traded to the New York Rangers for a second-round pick, a third-round pick and an additional conditional pick, according to multiple media reports.

The third-round pick is by way of the Panthers. The conditional selection reportedly becomes a second-round pick if Clowe, scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent, re-signs with the Rangers or New York wins two playoff rounds. If neither of those things happen, the pick becomes a fifth-round selection. TSN's Bob McKenzie reported earlier Tuesday that the Rangers and Canucks were the last two teams in on Clowe, who has not scored a goal this season. If the package the Sharks received is true, then San Jose did a nice job of securing future assets for a player that's not producing and was unlikely to return in the offseason.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM ]
I think we got nice haul for Clowe considering he was unlikely to return next season. Still sad to see him go. He was a great Shark.
Clowe was one of my favorite Sharks. Good luck in NY!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I think we got nice haul for Clowe considering he was unlikely to return next season. Still sad to see him go. He was a great Shark.

I'm sad too, he brought so much to this team, but I can agree it didn't seem like he was coming back next year. At worst we got a 2nd, 3rd, and 5th for him. We're definitely restocking our farm system, and setting ourselves up for not just success now but to SUSTAIN success in the future. VERY good work, Dougie.

We signed 4 of our prospects to entry-level deals. Matt Nieto, Daniil Tarasov, Chris Tierney, and Chris Crane. The two I'm most excited about are obviously Nieto and Tarasov.

Tarasov has been VERY good since coming into Worcester as a rookie. The kid has more points per game than anyone else on the active roster for Worcester with 22 points (10 goals, 12 assists) in 33 games. He's already 4th in scoring behind others that have played 58+ games already with the team. Nieto already has an assist and is plus +1 through two periods of his first game with Worcester.

All four of these guys really I'm excited about. We stand to have/lose a lot of free agents after this season and our young talent will help us fill those gaps without putting us in danger of using up much cap space.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
im glad he's gone.

0 goals is a joke. sorry, but thats the truth.

he had some great years for us, provided toughness, fighting, grit, leadership and most important goals and assists... and if your not producing, then you need to gtfo. 0 goals? wow, cmon man. get with it.

great trade for the sharks, getting that much for a dude with minimal production. doug wilson saving his job.
Final appearance in a sharks uniform for clowe: was spent in the penalty box iirc

also, his most memorable moment as a shark

I'm going to miss Clowe.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm going to miss Clowe.

Me too. Right now we honestly don't have any comparable player in our farm system. The closest thing we had was probably Charlie Coyle.
Scott Hannan a Shark again: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=663833 - good deal to add depth outside of just Tennyson.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Scott Hannan a Shark again: http://sharks.nhl.com/club/m_news.htm?id=663833 - good deal to add depth outside of just Tennyson.

tennyson is going to get sent down lol

Boyle - Irwin
Vlasic - Hannan
Stuart - Brauns

Demers, Burns = Depth.
Not a lot of offensive fire power on that blue line lol.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

tennyson is going to get sent down lol

Boyle - Irwin
Vlasic - Hannan
Stuart - Brauns

Demers, Burns = Depth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennyson get sent back after adding Hannan, but we need Demers playing with Vlasic, not Hannan, if we want to keep up our scoring pressure. I think DW is telling the truth when he says we added Hannan just for depth. Demers has bonehead moments, but the guy can create scoring chances. I think theres a reason they called up Tennyson and not a defensive defenseman.
Share 49ersWebzone