Ready for the season to kickoff!!!

Can't find game online :(
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4e624b14e2663
Originally posted by Ajanke:
http://www.veetle.com/index.php/channel/view#4e624b14e2663

Thanks. I needed that.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I guess the Gilbert era is over. Completely different team when he got yanked. Nice to hear McCoy to Shipley again. Hopefully we get some revenge at UCLA this weekend.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
They plan on giving Malcolm Brown more playing time? got him on my fantasy team
Originally posted by TX9R:
I guess the Gilbert era is over. Completely different team when he got yanked. Nice to hear McCoy to Shipley again. Hopefully we get some revenge at UCLA this weekend.

You should. UCLA is a pretty bad team.

How do you guys feel about Texas future as far conferences goes? I personally don't want the PAC-16, because basically it would end up removing ASU from the PAC-8 teams.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TX9R:

How do you guys feel about Texas future as far conferences goes? I personally don't want the PAC-16, because basically it would end up removing ASU from the PAC-8 teams.

I'm not sure. I have no feelings towards any of the Pac-10 teams, but I bet I could learn to hate them. Honestly, I'm sort of indifferent to it, but optimistic that it may improve the product of college football.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I don't like it, and not just because of how it affects UT. UT will be fine no matter what, it's the strongest, most profitable brand in college sports. It's all the other Texas schools. The state that values football like currency is likely going to be split all over and it's terrible to me that all these natural rivals will cease to exist. What made college unique was the long standing traditional rivalries, personally I wish the old SWC teams would still be together. I miss the Arkansas rivalry, that was big in my house and now it's dead and forgotten. But it's inevitable. I still don't get why this wasn't done last year when everything was laid out the first time.

Nice win. Great to finally beat somone's ass again. Lately we haven't been able to win that convincingly against Rice.

Regarding the conference realignment, if we can't make some version of the Big 12 work, with the teams in it now or by adding some teams, then I'm fine with UT going independent. I'd rather that than some silly PAC-42 and 3 other 20+ team conferences eventually.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Liked the offense, McCoy is a gamer and Brown is every bit as good as hyped. But the defense is really disappointing. There is some serious talent over there and Diaz is supposed to be this whiz kid, but I'm not seeing it yet. They do make plays, but man they give up yards and points to less than stellar offenses. And I'm totally not a fan of switching QBs, but I get that they want to get Ash's feet wet so he can take over at some point next year. We'll see what we really have here when conference play starts. Funny the big12 is toast and top to bottom it may be the best conference this year. Go figure.
Sounds like a sure thing for the PAC-16 with Texas, OU, OK State, and Texas Tech.

Also sounds like a pod system. THe 4 big 12 teams in one pod, Wash/ORegon schools in 1 pod, Cal/Stanford/Col/Utah in 1 pod, So-Cal and AZ in 1 pod.

So in a pod, each teams plays each other each year. Then they play 2 games agaisnt teams in the other pods each year (one road and one away).

The hold up in the process (again) is Texas own network.

And for you guys that don't want to join the PAC-12, or another conference, in away that kind of prevents college playoff scenario that would be the easiest to do (4 super conferences can make playoffs happen IMO, otherwise it will never happen).

So if you want college playoffs, you should be behind the super conference idea. I'm fine with the PAC-16, so long as we do the pod system.
Board of Regents for Texas and Oklahoma gave the green light to their presidents to apply for PAC-12 membership.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Here's a question. Since all you Pac guys always root for whoever the Pac team is and cheer for your conference, are you going to root for Texas now too, even though it seems most of you hate Texas? Quite the conundrum.
Share 49ersWebzone