LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

Hulk Hogan's ex-wife feared for her life

• VDSF
  • Veteran
Four years after filing for divorce from retired wrestler Hulk Hogan, Linda Hogan is telling her side of their tumultuous marriage in a tell-all book, "Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes," FOXNews.com reported Tuesday.

Among the allegations and revelations in the book are claims that she spent years in an "abusive relationship" and that her former husband was hooked on drugs.

"From the very onset of our marriage, he took a lot of steroids. He was always on drugs, recreational drugs. He had all kinds of stuff he was doing, along with all of the other wrestlers," Linda Hogan told FOX News while promoting the new book.

"On top of all of this, my ex-husband was a fighter, and he was a sore loser, so [imagine] going up against somebody that's like that, 330 pounds, full of rage of testosterone, when they get angry," she said.

She also alleged that at times she feared the WWE champ, whose real name is Terry Bollea, would go so far as to take her life.

"I had a little bit of shoving; sometimes he'd squeeze my arm or squeeze my face really hard when he was talking to me, or shove me onto the bed. I just tolerated that, but as the years went on it got worse. Broken lamps, hair pulled out, furniture broken, he threw the dog off the bed," she said.

"It scared me that he might just snap, not realize what he's doing, he is just so strong. I thought he could kill me. He had his hands around my neck one time on the bed and he started squeezing my throat. He just went into this trance and I was looking at him and saying, 'Terry, stop, stop. I can't breathe,'" Hogan continued.

It took the now 51-year-old Hogan a long time to bow out of the marriage she claimed was troubled very early on.

"I tolerated my ex-husband's infidelity for way too long; you have to live with the lies, the cheating, and the hidden agenda. They're not going to tell you they're having an affair, so you don't know why your marriage is falling apart," she said. "The first time that I realized [the infidelity] it was ten years into the marriage. Sadly enough, I forgave him and thought maybe we'd have a second chance at it and he would never do that again. He apologized. I trusted his word, believing everything he said, but I shouldn't have."

Link
[ Edited by VDSF on Jul 19, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]
groundbreaking
Share 49ersWebzone