There are 263 users in the forums

CONMEBOL's Copa America

Originally posted by NickV:
Venezula defended their hearts out and caught some lucky breaks (pato hitting the cross bar and neymar not being able to bend the ball past the keeper)

Hats off to them. Their road to the knockout stages are a whoooooole lot easier now.

from all I read/heard Venezuela was approaching this game as if they were gonna try to play their game and not be defensive all game long. If that was so, that changed once Brasil played press from the get-go they weren't kidding, they really came out to win this game, and that's what made me a bit proud. We really took their best shot and we hung tight, sure it could had been 2-0 but it wasn't: luck on our side on that Pato shot that went off the top post and then the controversial save by Viscarrondo (which I still think hit his shoulder, not his arm)

I liked how at times we tried to get some ball control but our passes weren't always the best and again, Brazil was just on everything and any errant pass they would get the ball back.

We NEED to win vs Ecuador, I don't want to game into the game vs Paraguay needing 3pts to be able to survive
Well, Mexico and Peru both play today. Sweet, hopefully Peru doesn't get destroyed. lol
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Well, Mexico and Peru both play today. Sweet, hopefully Peru doesn't get destroyed. lol

I got Uruguay and Chile winning today's game, just like in the WC I REALLY like Chile
Nice to see Peru get a tie without pizzaro and farfan
Thats the best ive seen Peru play in a long time, when we tied Brazil 1-1.
Originally posted by skillzdatkillz90:
Thats the best ive seen Peru play in a long time, when we tied Brazil 1-1.

Missed the game, but it looks like they weren't dominated in this game like I thought they would. Props to them, my pops will be happy
Mexico vs. Chile. Horribly boring. Chile is great at getting and maintaining possession but can't do anything with it.

Alexis Sanchez = overrated.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Argentina will win it all. MESSI finally will win first trophy for his country after winning several trophies for Barca!

So he's playing in this tourney?
Mexico's up 1-0 at half! woooo, even tho they're getting dominated on possession...
is it me or have all the games so far have been rather....boring?

Originally posted by JDM_DC4:
is it me or have all the games so far have been rather....boring?

disappointing for sure

Gold Cup at least had a lot of goals, sure they games weren't very even but you saw goals.
[ Edited by vrabbit on Jul 4, 2011 at 7:05 PM ]
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Argentina will win it all. MESSI finally will win first trophy for his country after winning several trophies for Barca!

So he's playing in this tourney?

yup
finally! what do you guys think of Chile's game? I really like it
2-1!!!!

what a f**king header
Chile was clearly better, this could've been 3-1 or 4-1, Chile is my darkhorse to win it all
Share 49ersWebzone