There are 188 users in the forums

CONMEBOL's Copa America

Originally posted by NickV:
I didnt get to watch the game, got home too late but I saw the highlights.

Was that cambiasso that kciked the ball off his face!? lmao

Think so.

This is pretty much the same Argentina from a year ago, surplus of talent on offense yet they can't seem to put it together. Their defense didn't get tested much but I don't have a lot of faith on it, and their goalie is probably not even top 5 in this 12 tourney (had a hell of a save to keep the score 0-1 though)

I was disappointed, Argentina continues to fail at finding their identity, they've got TONS of speed yet seems to be content playing at a slower pace

And Banegas

I will say this, I was truly impressed by Bolivia's GK, somebody to keep an eye on. Tremendous reflexes and focus

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
no way

Quote:
Soccer fans, the 2011 Copa America will be streaming live on YouTube this month, starting with tonight's opening match between Argentina and Bolivia!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CopaAmerica#p/u/Yk1KxecdlNg

sweet! good to know
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Think so.

This is pretty much the same Argentina from a year ago, surplus of talent on offense yet they can't seem to put it together. Their defense didn't get tested much but I don't have a lot of faith on it, and their goalie is probably not even top 5 in this 12 tourney (had a hell of a save to keep the score 0-1 though)

I was disappointed, Argentina continues to fail at finding their identity, they've got TONS of speed yet seems to be content playing at a slower pace

And Banegas

I will say this, I was truly impressed by Bolivia's GK, somebody to keep an eye on. Tremendous reflexes and focus

When you play with 3 defensive mid-fielders, it doesn't matter who you've playin' upfront. Problem with Argentina is the coach.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Think so.

And Banegas

When you play with 3 defensive mid-fielders, it doesn't matter who you've playin' upfront. Problem with Argentina is the coach.

That's what was being said a year ago and now they have a different coach

I kinda agree though, they're missing an identity, and that has to fall on the coach.

Argentina with it's personel almost has to play a 4-3-3 or a variation of it to be effective IMO.

Get Messi-Kun-Tevez up front with Di Maria-Mascherano-Banega in the middle and let Messi float all over and have Di Maria cover the void on the left when Messi free roams, attack with all the talented/speedy youth and get some goals, because that defense can and most likely will give up a score. The only good thing about their D is that they're all veterans who are very savvy, but other than that they can definitely be exploited.

Good thing for them Colombia didn't look like all of that today vs a very young Costa Rica team, so they may still get 1st place in their group
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Think so.

And Banegas

I kinda agree though, they're missing an identity, and that has to fall on the coach.

Argentina with it's personel almost has to play a 4-3-3 or a variation of it to be effective IMO.

Get Messi-Kun-Tevez up front with Di Maria-Mascherano-Banega in the middle and let Messi float all over and have Di Maria cover the void on the left when Messi free roams, attack with all the talented/speedy youth and get some goals, because that defense can and most likely will give up a score. The only good thing about their D is that they're all veterans who are very savvy, but other than that they can definitely be exploited.

Good thing for them Colombia didn't look like all of that today vs a very young Costa Rica team, so they may still get 1st place in their group

I pretty much agree with this, except I'll start Pastore over Banega - and bring Banega off the bench. That gives them a lot of creativity and two players in the mid-field who can attack from each side. They need to score at least 2 goals in every match to win, because they will give up goals as you said, so might as well attack.

Coaching has always been an issue for Argentina the last 15 years. They need to go out and maybe get a European coach, but too much pride and politics by upper-management is killing this team.

Think so.

And Banegas

I pretty much agree with this, except I'll start Pastore over Banega - and bring Banega off the bench. That gives them a lot of creativity and two players in the mid-field who can attack from each side. They need to score at least 2 goals in every match to win, because they will give up goals as you said, so might as well attack.

Coaching has always been an issue for Argentina the last 15 years. They need to go out and maybe get a European coach, but too much pride and politics by upper-management is killing this team.

I like Banega over Pastore but I could live with that, I'd be bringing Pastore off the bench so it's kinda the same.

Agreed on the coaching
Venezuela vs Brasil today

but I ain't gonna
Brasil: J.Cesar, Alves, Lucio, T.Silva, A.Santos, L.Leiva, Ramires, Ganso, Robinho, Pato, Neymar.

Venezuela: D.Hernández, Rosales, Perozo, Vizcarrondo, G.Cichero, Rincón, Lucena, C.González, Arango, Miku, Rondón.

was really hoping to see #10, Orosco, for Venezuela, I'm sure he'll come in as a sub at some point, he's arguably the best up-and-coming player for us.

Brasil's front 3 really has an edge over our back 4
http://www.youtube.com/user/CopaAmerica#p/u/Yk1KxecdlNg

f**k YEAH!!!!!

0-0 tie! we get one point vs Brazil!
f**k YEAH!!!!!

I take it you're Venezuelan? sorry, I'm a noob... I don't know everybody's ethnicity..
Originally posted by JDM_DC4:
f**k YEAH!!!!!

I take it you're Venezuelan? sorry, I'm a noob... I don't know everybody's ethnicity..

what do you think the "v" stands for?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Venezula defended their hearts out and caught some lucky breaks (pato hitting the cross bar and neymar not being able to bend the ball past the keeper)

Hats off to them. Their road to the knockout stages are a whoooooole lot easier now.
Share 49ersWebzone