LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

CONMEBOL's Copa America

Tevez is in arguably the worst moment of his career god he's been PATHETIC for Argentina in this tournament
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Even b4 he took the kick - I was tellin' my friend, he is going to miss it. I expected him to completely miss the target though.

Oh well, it should have never gone to PKs. I guess, it's good for Barca. Messi can get some rest and stay healthy.

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
would have been nice to see farfan and pizzaro not get hurt and play with peru.

Guerrero is pretty damn good though

his personality is comes off as a douchebag

but man his game is legit

I'm very impressed with his ability in the air to bring it down and the use of his body to shield off defenders. The Guy plays up top by himself and still manages to create havoc for the defense.
nice choke job brazil
Venezuela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venezuela!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, good game.

lol at Brasil!!
Every team that had a game that was theirs to f**k up did indeed f**k it up.

I'm happy though because now the futures of Kun, Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Lavezzi, Vidal, Neymar, Ganso, and Casemiro will be decided faster.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

I'm happy though because now the futures of Kun, Tevez, Higuain, Pastore, Lavezzi, Vidal, Neymar, Ganso, and Casemiro will be decided faster.

yeah, indeed all four favorites to win this weekend all lost

who's the favorite now? is it Paraguay or Uruguay?

Uruguay by default...they're not playing terribly well tho.

Uruguay. but I'm pulling for Peru, because, well, f**k everyone else.

just kidding, I'd like either Peru or Venezuela to win it. this will be the last time in a good while either Argentina or Brazil aren't in the semis so this is their shot to add a trophy to their case. and I'd like to see it. Uruguay and Paraguay are always going to put up good fights against the big dogs so it doesn't matter to me.

so, go Peru or Venezuela!!!!

although I have soft spots for players on both of the guay countries.
just kidding, I'd like either Peru or Venezuela to win it. this will be the last time in a good while either Argentina or Brazil aren't in the semis so this is their shot to add a trophy to their case. and I'd like to see it. Uruguay and Paraguay are always going to put up good fights against the big dogs so it doesn't matter to me.

so, go Peru or Venezuela!!!!

although I have soft spots for players on both of the guay countries.

it's funny, it seems to me that the lesser talented teams come into these games with a better gameplan and, with a little luck, are able to execute it to their advantage.

Based on talent alone Uruguay has to be the favorite, even with Forlan having a subpar tournament he could snap out of his funk at any time and become a difference maker. Paraguay is very solid in all areas but not really outstanding anywhere, well maybe the forwards, and their goalie is having an amazing tourney.

Peru IMO is the least talented team but they just play their hearts out, Guerrero is f**king amazing and Vargas didn't start out too well but has gotten better as the tourney has gone along. I don't feel too confident about this matchup but then again they've gotten this far doing what they do, and anything can happen at this point.

Venezuela has been surprising to me, especially the back 4 and the goalie. Even though I'm still not sold on Vega, he's played his heart out even being part of that dramatic goal in the 3-3 tie vs Paraguay so I give him mad respect for that. Vizcarrando (#4) is too good to be playing in the Venezuelan league, he needs to be signed by a team at least in Argentina or Mexico, or one of the smaller leagues in Europe. But their best player, Tomas Rincon, will miss the semis due to getting that late red card yesterday and that will hurt. He recovers so many balls in the midfield and just knows how to control the tempo of the game, IMO he's irreplaceable so I'm interested to see who'll play for him and how Venezuela will approach the game since last time only a miracle allowed us to get away with a 3-3 tie that was a 1-3 deficit just 5-6 minutes before the game ended.

I'm rooting for a Peru vs Venezuela final
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I find it funny that Givanildo De Souza (aka Hulk) Won Brazil's best footballer of the year and yet he was excluded from his national team LOL

Hulk > the wingers used in this Copa america squad.

Haters be hatin

And I really hate that he is a Porto player. One of those guys that I hate cause he is on the opposite team but if he was on my team Id love him even more lol
[ Edited by NickV on Jul 18, 2011 at 5:30 PM ]
una final de puros gueyes.
Originally posted by NickV:
I find it funny that Givanildo De Souza (aka Hulk) Won Brazil's best footballer of the year and yet he was excluded from his national team LOL

Hulk > the wingers used in this Copa america squad.

Haters be hatin

And I really hate that he is a Porto player. One of those guys that I hate cause he is on the opposite team but if he was on my team Id love him even more lol

My friend played with Avalro Perriera 8 years ago in uruguay. He is really rooting for them to win.
Share 49ersWebzone