Paraguay
Ecuador
Venezuela

Group C

Uruguay
Chile
Mexico
Peru

Starts next Friday, July 1st. Opening game will be Argentina v. Bolivia at 8:45pm est.

Top 2 teams in each group and the 2 best third place teams advance to quarterfinals

(Mexico and Costa Rica are bringing mostly youngsters with their squad after using most of their regulars for the Gold Cup.)

[ Edited by vrabbit on Jun 25, 2011 at 22:06:12 ]
predictions on teams that will advance

A: Argentina, Colombia
B: Brasil, Paraguay, Venezuela
C: Uruguay, Chile, Mexico
¡Viva México!
gonna be honest,not as enthusiastic about this copa America since Mexico is taking a team of 12 year olds.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
gonna be honest,not as enthusiastic about this copa America since Mexico is taking a team of 12 year olds.

I hear you, but as a soccer fan overall you should be looking forward to it, it's a very competitive tournament
Wow it's tough deciding on the Grupo de la muerte....
Selecaoooooooooooo!!
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

which one would that be? C?

if so, that's why I put everyone but Peru advancing from that group
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 1251alex:

I hear you, but as a soccer fan overall you should be looking forward to it, it's a very competitive tournament

I hear ya, even tho Mexico is taking an U21 team, I'll prolly still be watching all their games along with the other big teams! Gotta watch something during the offseason!

True, but look at group b, either way it should an awesome tourney.

True, but look at group b, either way it should an awesome tourney.

honestly, I don't look of them as a Grupo de la Muerte, to me a group has to have no clear favorite and 4 true contenders for me to be calling them that.

I only the top2 from each group advanced then I'd call C the toughest group, but Peru has been so BAD this last few years, + Mexico not bringing their A team I don't think it's gonna be that tough.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I have Columbia as my dark horse to win this whole thing. This is going to be competitive from top to bottom without a doubt. But I think the Colombians can sneak up on people.
Originally posted by NickV:
I have Columbia as my dark horse to win this whole thing. This is going to be competitive from top to bottom without a doubt. But I think the Colombians can sneak up on people.

hell of a darkhorse
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

OLE! OLE! OLE!--OLE! OLE! OLE! OLA!--OLE! OLE! OLE!--CADA DIA TE QUIERO MAS!!!!!!!!--OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! ARGENTINA!!!!!--ES UN SENTIMIENTO!!!!!--NO PUEDO PARAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VAMO ARGENTINA CARAJO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 27, 2011 at 21:32:41 ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

[ Edited by VDSF on Jun 27, 2011 at 21:32:22 ]
Share 49ersWebzone