LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Report: Terrelle Pryor facing significant inquiry

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP)—On the same day coach Jim Tressel resigned in the wake of an NCAA investigation, The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that the NCAA and Ohio State are looking into whether star quarterback Terrelle Pryor received cars and other extra benefits.

The newspaper cited unnamed sources who said this is the most significant inquiry of Pryor. The NCAA and Ohio State are also probing more than 50 car purchases by Buckeyes players, their families and friends.

He and four other players have been suspended for the first five games this fall for accepting improper benefits from a local tattoo-shop owner. Tressel knew of those benefits and did not report it to Ohio State or NCAA officials.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-ohiost-pryorinvestigation
[ Edited by global_nomad on May 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM ]
lol they're becoming the midwest version of USC.
supplemental draft?
Time for him to enter the NFL and convert to WR!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
This is news? All major college programs have this kind of stuff going on. Ohio State just wasn't as good covering it up as other programs. The clean schools are the ones that never hit the top 25.
[ Edited by BobS on May 30, 2011 at 5:32 PM ]
Let the boys cook!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
This is news? All major college programs have this kind of stuff going on. Ohio State just wasn't as good covering it up as other programs. The clean schools are the ones that never hit the top 25.

Theyl don't hit top 25 consistently, but there have been teams who have made it in top 25 and are likely to be clean.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I personally have no problems with theses college players getting gifts and cash. These colleges are making millions off these kids.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by BobS:

Theyl don't hit top 25 consistently, but there have been teams who have made it in top 25 and are likely to be clean.

I don't buy "clean". I knew guys like myself that played at Junior colleges, and lower division schools that were dirty 30 years ago. To think any Division 1 (or whatever they call them now) football program that wins at any consistent level is clean is being naive. They aren't top division but maybe the IVY league schools are clean as they only take 4.0 GPA kids from wealthy families.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
lol they're becoming the midwest version of SMU.

fixed that for you..

a Death Penalty is looking more and more likely unfortunately. And I don't even like OSU.

Terrell Pryors response:

Look like I know one player who will entering in the Supplemental Draft this year
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Look like I know one player who will entering in the Supplemental Draft this year

i've been saying that too

now that i think about it, idk

he would still make more money as a 1-4 rounder in regular draft next year
Share 49ersWebzone