LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

Buster Posey Out for the year

Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
They need to revamp the bowling over the catcher rule, if you can run over a catcher, why not run over the SS/2nd basemen on double plays....................venting

... its a part of baseball.
99% of the time the catcher is not going to break his leg on a collision at home plate

I think it is a bulls**t play. He didn't have to run Posey here as he had a clear lane to hook slide. A little cheap in my opinion.
They need to revamp the bowling over the catcher rule, if you can run over a catcher, why not run over the SS/2nd basemen on double plays....................venting

99% of the time the catcher is not going to break his leg on a collision at home plate

this is so true
Originally posted by YungAce:

this is so true

99.99% of the time the runner is not in the infield to blow up a catcher
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I think it is a bulls**t play. He didn't have to run Posey here as he had a clear lane to hook slide. A little cheap in my opinion.

True had an open plate but chose to crush him.............someone gonna get beaned tonight.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

It happened to carlos santana just last year. The question is about the catcher being defenseless in that situation.

True had an open plate but chose to crush him.............someone gonna get beaned tonight.

I doubt Cousins will see the field for this last game and the Giants arent going to "bean" an innocent player. It would be a stupid thing to do.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I doubt Cousins will see the field for this last game and the Giants arent going to "bean" an innocent player. It would be a stupid thing to do.

Someone doesn't watch much baseball.

Even if Cousins was on the field he wouldn't be beaned. They would bean Florida's best player.
Cousins isn't in the lineup for the Marlins
  • jrg
  • Veteran

I'm sorry for Posey's injury, but I completely disagree.

What Cousins did was based on how the game was going. If he scores there..Marlins take the lead...it's already extra innings. You gotta know he had some extra adrenaline going there. I'm pretty sure Cousins wasn't trying to hurt Posey, but simply hit him hard enough to knock the ball lose so his team can take the lead.

It's just unfortunate on how Posey's leg/body was set at the time that the way he fell ended up injuring him pretty badly.

Again, I'm sorry for your guys loss...as a Cardinals fan and losing Wainwright for the year, I can understand how bad this hurts...but I don't think any rules need to be changed.

If the Giants come back and bean someone and TRY to hurt somebody tonight, I find that pathetic. It's part of the game..and if it was Posey running over John Buck, I think you'd feel a little differently.
[ Edited by jrg on May 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

That Mother Foker! That sorry ahole is gonna get the Wrath of Kahn. Next Time he plays!

wish this wasn't real..
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Awww...he needs to take his plunking in the back

b***h move by the Marlins
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Sign Molina or put Panda back at catcher.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Someone doesn't watch much baseball.

Even if Cousins was on the field he wouldn't be beaned. They would bean Florida's best player.

LOL. I promise you I have watched MANY more games than you have. First of all a "beaning "means throwing at a batters head. Somehow I dont see the Giants throwing at Hanley Ramirez or Gabby Sanchez's head to retaliate for a play that was legal. They may come inside and hit someone in the arm or back without any obvious intent. That could happen.
Originally posted by jrg:

I'm sorry for Posey's injury, but I completely disagree.

What Cousins did was based on how the game was going. If he scores there..Marlins take the lead...it's already extra innings. You gotta know he had some extra adrenaline going there. I'm pretty sure Cousins wasn't trying to hurt Posey, but simply hit him hard enough to knock the ball lose so his team can take the lead.

It's just unfortunate on how Posey's leg/body was set at the time that the way he fell ended up injuring him pretty badly.

Again, I'm sorry for your guys loss...as a Cardinals fan and losing Wainwright for the year, I can understand how bad this hurts...but I don't think any rules need to be changed.

If the Giants come back and bean someone and TRY to hurt somebody tonight, I find that pathetic. It's part of the game..and if it was Posey running over John Buck, I think you'd feel a little differently.

EXACTLY right on all counts.
Share 49ersWebzone