There are 150 users in the forums

If Garret is still there at # 2...........

If Garret is still there at # 2...........

Take your time and listen to offers, because if Garrett is there at 2 someone will want to move up for him. If someone offers you a king's ransom, then you strongly consider taking the deal.

You have to be open to all possible options.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:46 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Now this is a great question. I take him. Except if someone offers me a ridiculous deal.

This. It would have to be a ridiculous trade offer to stop from drafting this kid
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by krizay:
1. JG, #11 & 2nd next year (saints get Malcolm butler)

2. Kirk Cousins and #17

3. AJ MCCARRON, #9, 1st next year. 2nd this year and next

4. #5, #18 & a 2nd next year

This is ridiculous. The price to trade up from 11 to 2 this year may just be a 2nd round pick considering how flat the talent is in this range after Garrett is off the board and how deep the draft is in the first 3 rounds.

So we'd be essentially giving up a 2nd round pick (or late first round pick) in moving from 2 to 11, but getting a future 2nd round pick in return for Jimmy Garopollo when the Patriots reportedly want a 1st round pick and then some.

Malcolm Butler isn't worth the Saints giving up their #11 pick to the Patriots on the front end of that trade and the Patriots aren't then going to trade us the #11 pick and a future 2nd round pick and Jimmy Garopollo for the #2 pick. This trade only benefits the 49ers.

My bad, I thought it was answering English's quest as what's YOUR price.

I didn't realize I was answering what YOUR price is.

For me to give up on Myles Garrett that would be MY price. Now if Garrett isn't there. Then yes. Those trades wouldn't sniff a call
1. JG, #11 & 2nd next year (saints get Malcolm butler)

2. Kirk Cousins and #17

3. AJ MCCARRON, #9, 1st next year. 2nd this year and next

4. #5, #18 & a 2nd next year

This is ridiculous. The price to trade up from 11 to 2 this year may just be a 2nd round pick considering how flat the talent is in this range after Garrett is off the board and how deep the draft is in the first 3 rounds.

So we'd be essentially giving up a 2nd round pick (or late first round pick) in moving from 2 to 11, but getting a future 2nd round pick in return for Jimmy Garopollo when the Patriots reportedly want a 1st round pick and then some.

Malcolm Butler isn't worth the Saints giving up their #11 pick to the Patriots on the front end of that trade and the Patriots aren't then going to trade us the #11 pick and a future 2nd round pick and Jimmy Garopollo for the #2 pick. This trade only benefits the 49ers.

My bad, I thought it was answering English's quest as what's YOUR price.

I didn't realize I was answering what YOUR price is.

For me to give up on Myles Garrett that would be MY price. Now if Garrett isn't there. Then yes. Those trades wouldn't sniff a call

My bad, forgot what thread I was in. If Garrett is there, the pick is worth more for sure. I still don't know why the Saints make that trade though - they'd still be giving up the #11 pick for Butler which is an awful trade for them. There were rumors that the Patriots may try to get back their initial pick at the end of the first round, not the #11 pick.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
My bad, forgot what thread I was in. If Garrett is there, the pick is worth more for sure. I still don't know why the Saints make that trade though - they'd still be giving up the #11 pick for Butler which is an awful trade for them. There were rumors that the Patriots may try to get back their initial pick at the end of the first round, not the #11 pick.

Gotcha
take BPA , christian mcaffrey
[ Edited by PRIMETIME21 on Mar 26, 2017 at 10:41 AM ]
With the first pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Mar 26, 2017 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
With the first pick of the 2017 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech.

not even the Browns......!
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

So is everyone in their warroom taking multiple hits of crystal meth the morning of the draft?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
So is everyone in their warroom taking multiple hits of crystal meth the morning of the draft?

They would have to start tonight and not sleep till draft day to get that high

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Trade down if you can get the value you want.

which would be...? Whats your price?

My price would be ridiculous but here it goes:

We get that team's 1st, 2nd, 3rd for the next 5 years.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Why not just say, draft Garrett? Thats never going to happen.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Trade down if you can get the value you want.

which would be...? Whats your price?

I would take that! Now we must return to reality
Has anyone ever traded a boat load for a de. It seems like it's only qb's and that one time Ditka traded everything for Ricky. Doesn't hurt listening but my guess is you just end up selecting Garrett.
Draft him unless we're being offered three 1st round picks plus more.
Share 49ersWebzone