LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

The Official #8 Memphis Grizzlies vs #4 Oklahoma City Thunder playoff thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
OKC has more talent, and should still come out on top. I'm expecting a 7 game series.

I don't know. All thy really have is Durant and Westbrook and MEM has Allen and Battier who can compete defensively with those guys.

MEM has Randolph and Gasol but OKC doesn't really have anyone who can do anything to them.

OKC has Ibaka and Perkins, who are two of the better interior defenders in the game. If Allen/Battier can stick with Westbrook/Durant, there's no reason that Ibaka/Perkins can't stick with Randolph/Gasol.

Memphis played extremely well and their bigs won the battle in Game 1, but it's ultimately just one game.

How are Perkins and Ibaka at man-to-man vs help defense. Duncan still isn't a slouch defensively and he did play Randolph well (don't know why they didn't use him on Randolph more) until Randolph began hitting some ridiculous shots. I still think Duncan can play at or above the level of Perkins defensively so Perkins is a wash and I think his defense is over rated.

Ibaka is the athletic of the two but he appears to be more of a help defender and that's where they will get hurt with second chance points.
OKC has more talent, and should still come out on top. I'm expecting a 7 game series.

I don't know. All thy really have is Durant and Westbrook and MEM has Allen and Battier who can compete defensively with those guys.

MEM has Randolph and Gasol but OKC doesn't really have anyone who can do anything to them.

OKC has Ibaka and Perkins, who are two of the better interior defenders in the game. If Allen/Battier can stick with Westbrook/Durant, there's no reason that Ibaka/Perkins can't stick with Randolph/Gasol.

Memphis played extremely well and their bigs won the battle in Game 1, but it's ultimately just one game.

How are Perkins and Ibaka at man-to-man vs help defense. Duncan still isn't a slouch defensively and he did play Randolph well (don't know why they didn't use him on Randolph more) until Randolph began hitting some ridiculous shots. I still think Duncan can play at or above the level of Perkins defensively so Perkins is a wash and I think his defense is over rated.

Ibaka is the athletic of the two but he appears to be more of a help defender and that's where they will get hurt with second chance points.

I think Perkins is a superb man defender and a solid help guy, and Ibaka's vice versa. They had Ibaka guarding Randolph for most of the game because Randolph can head out on the perimeter.

I think Perkins is a superb man defender and a solid help guy, and Ibaka's vice versa. They had Ibaka guarding Randolph for most of the game because Randolph can head out on the perimeter.

Perkins has too much to handle for this series. I think Randolph offsets Durant but Randolph also provides presence in the paint. There's no one OKC has for Gasol. MEM perimeter defense and interior presence is going to be too much for OKC.
The Grizzlies play better team basketball then OKC, they will win the series.
The Thunder need a pass first PG not Russell im gonna try and outshine KD Westbrook
Originally posted by valrod33:
The Thunder need a pass first PG not Russell im gonna try and outshine KD Westbrook

Especially with the front court defense MEM has. I haven't seen a team play that good team defense as they did in round 1.

still winning game 1 on the road was pretty sweet, let's hope Memphis can take both games at home OKC was shooting lights out last night
Originally posted by vrabbit:

still winning game 1 on the road was pretty sweet, let's hope Memphis can take both games at home OKC was shooting lights out last night

It doesn't look like OKC can hang physically. They tried to and they had to resort more from fouling physically and getting away with quite a few than anything. Memphis naturally has played strong in the playoffs now and OKC better be able to bring that every game.

It was probably the most physical I have seen a team consistently play against the Spurs. You always have that one game where the team tries to make a statement like OKC did but they end up resorting back to their normal play for most of the series. Memphis does it every day.
let's get it tomorrow tonight!

[ Edited by vrabbit on May 6, 2011 at 07:47:45 ]

let's go thunder! sad it had to be an underdog in the grizzlies that are in their way of an OKC championship
holy crap he just tomahawked the s**t out of that ball/rim

look for it in sportscenter
CMON MEMPHIS PULL THIS OUT!!!
omg cumback
c'mon Memphis pull this one out
Share 49ersWebzone