LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I don't think you dudes have been listening to what came out of Jed and Jim's mouths! You've been listening to what's come from the media. SMH. I am not buying all of this doom and gloom the media has been spinning nor what you guys are insinuating. I think that just as Jed said we wanted to give Jim a raise after the Super Bowl 47 but Jim didn't think that it was right to be coming to the table for a deal every couple of seasons. Why can't people take Jim at his word? Why are you so quick to buy what the media has been selling?

Right. According to Jed the Browns never tried to trade for Harbaugh. And remember Harbaugh hilariously denying we tried to sign Manning.

They blow smoke at the media.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Right. According to Jed the Browns never tried to trade for Harbaugh. And remember Harbaugh hilariously denying we tried to sign Manning.

They blow smoke at the media.

Jed said we weren't seriously considering to trade Harbaugh and last I checked Jim is still here. It is laughable to think that we would do that deal. And had we really dug in and tried to get Peyton he would be here now. What happened there is that what we were willing to pay Manning and what we would have to give up at that point was not something we could match at the time with DEN. We wanted him but obviously not as bad as DEN. Baalke is as fine a talent evaluator as there is in this business and it ended up 49ers 2012 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DEN 2012! We made the right call because even now last I checked 49ers 2013 were barely bested by SEA in SEA!! Whereas DEN was obliterated in the Super Bowl in NYC! Who cares is they blow smoke at the media when I know the media blows smoke up our a$$es all the da** time! Look at Kap and that crazy broad this summer!
Jed wasn't asked if the Niners were seriously considering trading Harbaugh to the Browns. He was asked if reports that the Browns tried to trade for Harbaugh were true and he denied it.

The Niners obviously (and in my opinion rightfully) tried to sign Manning. We had just lost an NFC Title game with our Qb completing only 1 or 2 passes to wrs the entire game. In fact the Niners were in the running for Manning until the morning he called to inform them he was choosing Denver. I thought it was pretty funny when Harbaugh denied going after Manning and a reporter said " You previously said Manning called you to let you know he was choosing Denver". So why make that call if the Niners had no serious interest?

The point is that action is all that matters. I care about what they do and don't do ( agree to an extension) and not what they say in public.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
LMAO.

York: "There's NOT some crazy divide..."

Florio: "zomg York said there is crazy divide trollolololol"

Florio is such a f**king tool.

Sorry again, I made it up. I was being tongue in cheek. I should have put "Florio will probably write."

BrianGO, you better watch out or you will become Florio "unnamed source". I wouldn't put it by Florio scouring team message boards to "break" stories. Hell by the stories he writes about us it already looks like he get all of his niners intel on the Seahawks board.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 2, 2014 at 3:51 PM ]
Jed wasn't asked if the Niners were seriously considering trading Harbaugh to the Browns. He was asked if reports that the Browns tried to trade for Harbaugh were true and he denied it.

The Niners obviously (and in my opinion rightfully) tried to sign Manning. We had just lost an NFC Title game with our Qb completing only 1 or 2 passes to wrs the entire game. In fact the Niners were in the running for Manning until the morning he called to inform them he was choosing Denver. I thought it was pretty funny when Harbaugh denied going after Manning and a reporter said " You previously said Manning called you to let you know he was choosing Denver". So why make that call if the Niners had no serious interest?

The point is that action is all that matters. I care about what they do and don't do ( agree to an extension) and not what they say in public.

Jed said the reports weren't true. The reports said we were close to trading Jim. They weren't! The reports said we pursued Manning and Harbaugh facetiously said we didn't. Well Peyton initiated the dialogue by contacting us first! Now we know Harbaugh was clever with his wording but since Manning made first contact technically Jim was right! Now if you care about fact actions and circumstances then try the fact that Jim is still under contract with us for 2 MORE YEARS! Let me know if he is outta here in 2016
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Jed said the reports weren't true. The reports said we were close to trading Jim. They weren't! The reports said we pursued Manning and Harbaugh facetiously said we didn't. Well Peyton initiated the dialogue by contacting us first! Now we know Harbaugh was clever with his wording but since Manning made first contact technically Jim was right! Now if you care about fact actions and circumstances then try the fact that Jim is still under contract with us for 2 MORE YEARS! Let me know if he is outta here in 2016
York/Harb/baalke are all clueless if they don't work this out. I believe they know what a good thing they have going for them right now. removing any one piece of this puzzle makes the whole team fall from Glory Years II. I will go back to the fan modo, I trust in YorHarbaalke.
[ Edited by juycho on Aug 3, 2014 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by juycho:
York/Harb/baalke are all clueless if they don't work this out. I believe they know what a good thing they have going for them right now. removing any one piece of this puzzle makes the whole team fall from Glory Years II. I will go back to the fan modo, I trust in YorHarbaalke.
Yes! They aren't idiots. And this ain't just fan speak either. These are three very mature highly intelligent men. The rest of it is just media drivel
So to my understanding Harbaugh wants to be paid top $, York basically says "get a ring first". So IF Jim doesn't win the championship this year, but still takes it far. York possibly stays firm on his decision, you think Jim moves on to another team more than happy to pay him?
No.
Originally posted by zaghawk:
So to my understanding Harbaugh wants to be paid top $, York basically says "get a ring first". So IF Jim doesn't win the championship this year, but still takes it far. York possibly stays firm on his decision, you think Jim moves on to another team more than happy to pay him?

Nope.

I think if Jim wants to be the highest paid coach he has to wait till there is only one year left on his deal, not 2.

As York has said on several occasions, "I hope Jim has all the leverage in the word when we sit down and talk".

This is all media BS. Where was all the hubbub over Carroll last year when he had 2 years left on his deal?

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows was on KNBR a few minutes ago and was asked what he thinks of Harbaughs status after the season (if they don't win a SB), and Matt said nobody knows but mentioned what if Jed York decided to trade Jim for a couple 1st rounders knowing Jim will leave after 2015.

If that was to happen, would you take it? Who would you wanna bring in as the next HC?
ohhh, let's not get that far ahead of ourselves. I truly feel Coach H loves it here, and would like to stay.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
ohhh, let's not get that far ahead of ourselves. I truly feel Coach H loves it here, and would like to stay.

he doesnt stay in one place for too long
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Or you could say that he was always trying to progress to something better? Once you're a professional at the pinnacle of your chosen profession, can't really move up any further.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

It's kinda a small sample time for his head coaching career. 3 yrs at USD, 4 yrs at Stanford and now with us. Each move was a step up, so I don't think you can hold that against him. Most young HC resume looks similar to Jim's as far as movement. I have a gut feeling he is here for long tenure.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone