There are 198 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Im happy that we got him but Im also kind of turned off by all his Alex Smith cock sucking.

I was waiting for this.

there's gotta be a little bit of smoke, i don't quite think with a lockout impending he is gonna trash the most potent qb on the current roster. When everything clears Harbaugh will most likely take the high road and praise him while explaining that he doesn't fit with his system or something like that

Why does there have to be smoke? Harbaugh is a real straight shooter. I believe Harbaugh to be genuine in his appraisal and promotion of Alex as a player.

We're just scared as fans.

That's why it's nice to get a fresh "professional" perspective on things. Harbaugh's knowledge of QBs is as pro as they come so I believe him.

But hey, that's just my lil' 'ol opinion.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Im happy that we got him but Im also kind of turned off by all his Alex Smith cock sucking.

I was waiting for this.

Just keeping it real.

Keeping what real? The fact that you have an undying hate for Alex or that you think you know more than NFL coaches? Just curious.

Both

Lol
Originally posted by ninertico:

I was waiting for this.

there's gotta be a little bit of smoke, i don't quite think with a lockout impending he is gonna trash the most potent qb on the current roster. When everything clears Harbaugh will most likely take the high road and praise him while explaining that he doesn't fit with his system or something like that

Why does there have to be smoke? Harbaugh is a real straight shooter. I believe Harbaugh to be genuine in his appraisal and promotion of Alex as a player.

That's why it's nice to get a fresh "professional" perspective on things. Harbaugh's knowledge of QBs is as pro as they come so I believe him.

this harbrough is a no nonsense guy this has been said again and again (before he came to the niners) he is a straight shooter

also remember the interview he was introduced he said qb of future wasnt on roster then he looked at alex on film and liked him

I was waiting for this.

FWIW, I was listening to KNBR the other day when a Stanford alum/booster called in to Ralph & Tom. This guy was adamant that Harbaugh's tact with Alex in the media is all about deception as was his M.O. during his tenure at Stanford.

We'll see of course.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
After Nowin then Sing... I'm a bit hesitant to jump onto the no NFL HC experience train yet again.

Those two felt decent after they were hired, but for some reason this hire feels a bit different, in a positive light. It may be the hype that followed him, or the recent success in Stanford, but it feels better than what we've had. Lets put it this way, it can't possibly get any worse

I hold out Hope that he will be a good/great coach; but, I've seen so many come and go over the years, that I've fallen into a wait and see state...

I'm glad we got JH, but I agree, we must wait and see how he does in the pro game. Can't be any worse (I hope). However as you stated there have been others that failed. Spurrior was a hot ticket once but he bombed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WildBill:
After Nowin then Sing... I'm a bit hesitant to jump onto the no NFL HC experience train yet again.

Those two felt decent after they were hired, but for some reason this hire feels a bit different, in a positive light. It may be the hype that followed him, or the recent success in Stanford, but it feels better than what we've had. Lets put it this way, it can't possibly get any worse

I hold out Hope that he will be a good/great coach; but, I've seen so many come and go over the years, that I've fallen into a wait and see state...

I'm glad we got JH, but I agree, we must wait and see how he does in the pro game. Can't be any worse (I hope). However as you stated there have been others that failed. Spurrior was a hot ticket once but he bombed.

Nick Saben, Patrino, Lou Holtz............. many good college coaches have flopped.

Harbaugh could still bomb, but he's not Spurrier. Spurrier was an arrogant SOB (and, well.....so is Harbaugh) who ran an offense in college that almost everyone already knew wouldn't work in the NFL. Spurrier wanted to prove them all wrong and signed as many old Florida Gators as he could find to run the O and as predicted, it failed miserably.

Harbaugh runs a pro-style WCO and has been surrounding himself with NFL coaches since the beginning.

Ya, he could fail. I have to admit that, but he is nothing like some of the recent college coaches who entered the NFL and failed.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Harbaugh could still bomb, but he's not Spurrier. Spurrier was an arrogant SOB (and, well.....so is Harbaugh) who ran an offense in college that almost everyone already knew wouldn't work in the NFL. Spurrier wanted to prove them all wrong and signed as many old Florida Gators as he could find to run the O and as predicted, it failed miserably.

Harbaugh runs a pro-style WCO and has been surrounding himself with NFL coaches since the beginning.

Ya, he could fail. I have to admit that, but he is nothing like some of the recent college coaches who entered the NFL and failed.

Well, working for Dan Snyder doesn't help, Snyder is worse than Jones.

I was waiting for this.

I'm with you. I believe that Smith should move on, but if JH wants to keep him around, cool.

What cracks me up are the people who LOVED JH....until he said something positive about AS. Now, JH is the worst hire evar.
I think we're all jacked...as I was listening to his KNBR interview, I was thinking, man, how cool is it we finally have a head coach who "gets it". Haven't had that feeling in just about 10 years...long overdue. Nice going, Jed/Trent.

Even Phil Donahue is jacked
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I was waiting for this.

I'm with you. I believe that Smith should move on, but if JH wants to keep him around, cool.

What cracks me up are the people who LOVED JH....until he said something positive about AS. Now, JH is the worst hire evar.

who said that ?

I was waiting for this.

who said that ?

fakers
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Meh...ive been excited before. I've had my heart ripped out more than a Kano fatality.

I'll wait for wins this time around.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm still jacked.
Share 49ersWebzone