LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by baltien:
I smell BS. For one, consider the source (Florio). Two, who the hell in their right mind would leave a legit SB contender for the Browns?

Don't believe everything you read.

Is Florio really the source? Wow, that tool has took his trolling of Jim harbaugh and the 49ers to the next level.

He's as far as this story goes. And all of his "sources" are anonymous of course. It sounds to me like the Browns probably inquired about Harbaugh (and/or made an offer), the Niners in good faith relayed that to Jim (who's near the end of his contract), and he shot it down.

Mind you, ball clubs discussing trades including players and coaches isn't uncommon.

Again, ask yourself, who the hell would willingly coach the Browns over the 49ers?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Browns did indeed make a run at Jim Harbaugh that reached a serious stage, sources confirm substance of @ProFootballTalk report.

Once again. Terminology is key. I've said since I first read this insanity this morning....I believe the Browns called us, I believe we listened, I believe we told Harbaugh but........ I in no way believe we agreed to trade him. We still have a year left until he becomes the lame duck. Only way we would actually agree in principle is if Harbaugh and Baalke have truly hit and impasse and York has been advised that he should go with Baalke and the other staff.

Only viable replacement on the staff IMO is Fangio and I'm not sure if he would continue to call the plays or if we'd promote Tomsula, Leavitt, or Donatell to DC.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Browns did indeed make a run at Jim Harbaugh that reached a serious stage, sources confirm substance of @ProFootballTalk report.

Well I guess a few posters need to appogisr for calling people stupid for thinking there was some truth to this. And yes, all Jed can do is lie out his ass and deny everything at this point.

First we need proof that this actually happened. Second, we need proof that Jed York is lying.

Well I guess a few posters need to appogisr for calling people stupid for thinking there was some truth to this. And yes, all Jed can do is lie out his ass and deny everything at this point.

Chris Mortenson said it so it must be true huh? Lol
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would trade Harbaugh in heatbeat. He's proven over time he CANT WIN A BIG GAME. 3 years in a row now. And in college too. He could never win a National Championship. I would trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. He is a proven winner in college and the pros. He has multiple trophies in each. You can't win the BIG GAME with Harbaugh IMO. The pressure is too much for him and it overwhelms and overtakes him. He can't handle BIG GAME pressure. Pete Carroll has no problem with it college or pros. I'd trade him straight up for Josh Gordon too. We could use a WR like that more than Harbaugh.

What has Harbaugh ever won? He won't either IMO.

This guy again.

Wow. Sus dogging Diego. Shows you how bad SanDiego is.

I would say this makes his top ten, maybe #8 or #9. He has of course said worse.
Chris Mortensen said it actually happened. That's good enough for me. We should COMPLETE THE DEAL.

Josh Gordon > Jim Harbaugh.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
A likely possibility is that he is friends with one of the more influential mods here.. how else could someone with his post record keep this stupidity up?? Every post has a clear intention to irritate and annoy 49ers fans and the dude doesn't even try to hide it.

Plus mods on message boards are kind of silly in this sort of way... 70% of the fans could be annoyed by someones troll game but if he doesn't annoy the mods then he will be safe. I bet you've never seen him troll a mod.

I think SanDiego is a mod posting under a different account. I've seen (many times) people warned for far less than the crap he pulls.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
I would trade Harbaugh in heatbeat. He's proven over time he CANT WIN A BIG GAME. 3 years in a row now. And in college too. He could never win a National Championship. I would trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. He is a proven winner in college and the pros. He has multiple trophies in each. You can't win the BIG GAME with Harbaugh IMO. The pressure is too much for him and it overwhelms and overtakes him. He can't handle BIG GAME pressure. Pete Carroll has no problem with it college or pros. I'd trade him straight up for Josh Gordon too. We could use a WR like that more than Harbaugh.

What has Harbaugh ever won? He won't either IMO.

This guy again.

Wow. Sus dogging Diego. Shows you how bad SanDiego is.

I would say this makes his top ten, maybe #8 or #9. He has of course said worse.

There is nothing bad about what I'm saying here. What I'm saying here is 100% true.
Chris Mortensen said it actually happened. That's good enough for me. We should COMPLETE THE DEAL.

I believe everything I read from people who don't work in our front office too.

#gospel

Nothing of the kind, all we know is that the Browns MADE a run at Harbaugh, nothing about what the 49ers response was. "Serious stage" is an entirely subjective term. Browns picking up the phone and calling Baalke could be considered serious compared to them having just internal discussions.

Don't go leaping off of cliffs just yet, calling York a liar when you don't have all of the facts is just asinine.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I believe everything I read from people who don't work in our front office too.

#gospel

Mortensen is usually pretty accurate and he has a reputation on the line too. No reason not to be factual from his point of view. I believe it is true 100%.
Originally posted by baltien:
He's as far as this story goes. And all of his "sources" are anonymous of course. It sounds to me like the Browns probably inquired about Harbaugh (and/or made an offer), the Niners in good faith relayed that to Jim (who's near the end of his contract), and he shot it down.

Mind you, ball clubs discussing trades including players and coaches isn't uncommon.

Again, ask yourself, who the hell would willingly coach the Browns over the 49ers?

There's no way to spin it. There's serious issues going on. You'll never hear about Belichek or Carroll being on some team's radar.

We are up to I think 3 reports saying there is some truth. The Browns haven't denied anything. All you have is Jed saying it's a lie. Either it's a grand conspiracy or to a certain extent factual.

We are up to I think 3 reports saying there is some truth. The Browns haven't denied anything. All you have is Jed saying it's a lie. Either it's a grand conspiracy or to a certain extent factual.

I would tend to believe a man who comes out and says it is false over anonymous sources any day

And we have multiple other reports that say it is rubbish. Adam Schefter and Peter King both have come out and stated that it never got past the initial stages within the Browns organization.
Share 49ersWebzone