There are 182 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kronik:
These beliefs of yours are derived from what exactly? Erroneous articles like this one from PFT ?

It's speculation, just like your speculation that PFT is incorrect. This story did not come from thin air, there is truth to it but we don't know the extent of that truth. That's not speculation, that's fact.
Browns didn't "almost" do anything. Pure lunacy. If anything, they tried to contact us and were told to F off.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
These beliefs of yours are derived from what exactly? Erroneous articles like this one from PFT ?

It's speculation, just like your speculation that PFT is incorrect. This story did not come from thin air, there is truth to it but we don't know the extent of that truth. That's not speculation, that's fact.

Was Jed York speculating when he said the report was false? Or are you calling him a liar?

I'm calling him a liar. What would Jed, the organization and the team have to gain by saying "yeah we almost traded Jim to the Browns" ? I'll answer that for you, nothing.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
There are threads of truth in most of these stories, but the media exploits the hell out of the story and reports this like "it almost happened".

I don't believe that for a second.

Is it likely the Browns inquired? Sure. Does that mean the 49ers were trying to dump Harbaugh? Not even close. More likely the Browns inquired, the 49er braught it to Jim and he said he wanted to stay. End of story.

This is the most realistic possibility. The Browns offered something and the 49ers told Jim and he said no thank you. Doesn't mean the 49ers were considering it all, they just brought it to his attention. But of course the media blows this way out of proportion.

Baalke is all about leverage in negotiations AND respecting those involved.

This is likely what happened as Marvin and Donnie have said.

Baalke probably got the call, told Harbaugh like "You know we're trying to get your contract hammered out but if you aren't confident we'll get it figured out there is a way you can move on. Cleveland just offered us "Insert picks, players, etc here" for your remaining contract. What do you think?"

Jim said "No thanks. I'm here, we'll get it figured out."

Baalke called back the Browns and "no thanks. we're good over here".

end of story until.....

Michael Lombardi and Joe Banner get fired. Then the floodgates open.

This
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Browns: Man we almost traded for Harbaugh!

Florio: Really? What was the offer?

Browns: We'd send them picks and stuff.

Florio: And they vetoed?

Browns: They didn't even answer our phone calls.

Florio: That's enough info for me.

[Tweets 'Browns almost landed Harbaugh in deal']
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Lets put it another way...

...who benefits if the 49ers think that there is another team out there willing to give up a ton of picks and give Harbaugh a big contract?

historically speaking the Browns would benefit from such a deal. Buccaneers won a Super Bowl 1st season with Gruden (after trading for him). Patriots won a Super Bowl their 2nd season with Bellichick (after trading for him). Draft picks are no guarantee. And no way would this team find another franchise coach for the foreseeable future.

Missing the point.

HARBAUGH benefits if the 49ers think they need to keep him happy...especially when they are just about to move into a new building with HUGE new revenue streams.

My point is that Harbaugh is posturing...just like he did when he first got the job.

If you have 2 years left on your deal, you don't have a "hold out" option. Don't you find it awefully coincidental that this is happening NOW just before they move into Levis and their revenue increases by over 100 mil per year?
There is speculation here that Harbaugh's wife nixed the deal...
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/21/report-browns-almost-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/
WOW!!! WTF?? Give Jim Harbaugh what he wants, pay him what he wants and give him some personnel descisions also. I'd hate to see him go.
Originally posted by OldMort49:
There is speculation here that Harbaugh's wife nixed the deal...
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/21/report-browns-almost-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/

"Speculation that I've heard is that Harbaugh's family, specifically his wife, wanted to stay put." ~Mike Florio

Speculation that I've heard is that Florio has 3 balls and a clit for a penis...but it's just speculation that I've heard.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM ]
some shady s**t going on. don't like.

Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The nfl made a rule prohibiting trades of coaches for draft picks after gruden.

was that rule changed?

This "story" is ludicrous

No such rule was ever made.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LullOnSports

This guy says Harbaugh initiated the talks because he has "had it with Baalke"

I don't know who that guy is by the seems to think he knows a lot of the situation.

-This guy says the mystery candidate in CLE was Harbaugh.

-He says Harbaugh initiated the talks when CLE called about Roman and Tomskula but the Browns wouldn't give up the picks.

-He says Harbaugh is good friends with Mike Lombardi and that Lombardi's son is currently Harbaugh's special assistant. Good thing Lombardi is gone. Coincidence both him and a Banner were fired after they couldn't deliver Harbaugh to their owner?.

-Harbaugh saying don't rule out Michigan.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone after 2015. And personally, I'd rather keep Baalke and taken the premium picks over Harbaugh anyways. Especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Yikes.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

was that rule changed?

I don't know who that guy is by the seems to think he knows a lot of the situation.

-He says Harbaugh initiated the talks when CLE called about Roman and Tomskula but the Browns wouldn't give up the picks.

-He says Harbaugh is good friends with Mike Lombardi and that Lombardi's son is Harbaugh's special assistant. Good thing Lombardi is gone. Coincidence both him and a Banner were fired after they couldn't deliver Harbaugh to their owner?.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone after 2015. And personally, I'd rather keep Baalke and taken the premium picks over Harbaugh anyways. Especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Yikes.

lulz
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

was that rule changed?

-He says Harbaugh is good friends with Mike Lombardi and that Lombardi's son is Harbaugh's special assistant. Good thing Lombardi is gone. Coincidence both him and a Banner were fired after they couldn't deliver Harbaugh to their owner?.

Yikes.

Already posted.

He;s a Cleveland guy. My guess is he's repeating what Cleveland people tell him...IE trying to make Browns organization look better.
Wow gotta be some truth to it. I knew Baalke and Harbaugh are not on the same page. WTF man. We have a Great thing going!! This is the most or closest thing to th best roster in the league. Why all the Drama. Why not pay harbaugh what he wants and give him some say in personnel matters.

Was Jed York speculating when he said the report was false? Or are you calling him a liar?

I'm calling him a liar. What would Jed, the organization and the team have to gain by saying "yeah we almost traded Jim to the Browns" ? I'll answer that for you, nothing.

Right. And do you have evidence to support Jed ever lying? I'll answer that for you. No.

It's incredibly hypocritical to claim someone is lying by using the evidence of someone who has reported false stories in the recent past concerning our team and coach.

All I'm really hearing from you is a bunch of

Can you prove Jed was telling the truth? You're avoiding the elephant in the room... WHY THE HELL WOULD JED CONFIRM THE REPORT? He would only create more damage by confirming the report, get that through your thick skull. Just because you discredit PFT does not validate your meaningless statements. PFT is not the only one reporting that Cleveland was making a move on Harbaugh. Albert Breer says there was noise from Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh 3 weeks ago. 2 sources from 2 different news outlets.
Share 49ersWebzone