LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
During the coaching search Lombardi probably let it be known to Jim Haslam that he might be able to get Harbaugh from SF... Probably lead Haslam to believe there was a realistic chance of trading for him. This is probably why Lombardi was let go after Pettine was hired.

That's a logical explanation
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Originally posted by kronik:
Another gullable one.

how's that gullible? Consider this, if you're Jed York then you would have inked Harbaugh to a new deal already. You would make him the highest paid coach no questions asked. You must also consider York's reluctance to give Harbaugh personnel control. It is ignorant to disregard Harbaugh leaving as a possibility. I'd leave for the Browns too if they fairly compensated me.

Harbaugh's agent.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I have a hard time believing our front office is that stupid.

Not even the Raiders front office would do something this dumb. Oh wait...

Jesus Christ. I didn't realize how stupid that was until just now.
The thing on that LullonSports guy.....

If you read the timeline his overriding theme in all of this is that there were big name coaches who wanted to coach in Cleveland. They didn't have a problem with the disfunction.

Its either 1 of 2 things....

1) He is trying to sell his city and his team and show fans that its not as bleak as they thing

or

2) More likely, the TEAM is trying to show that there are big coaches interested to make THEMSELVES look better to the radio host.

So ask yourself whats more likely....

That Harbaugh was so unhappy with his team he had taken to 3 NFC Championship games that he tried to force his team to trade him to CLEVELAND...

...or that the Brass in Cleveland was looking at trying to hit a home run, struck out, and then tried to save face?
why fire lombardi though lol
Another gullable one.

how's that gullible? Consider this, if you're Jed York then you would have inked Harbaugh to a new deal already. You would make him the highest paid coach no questions asked. You must also consider York's reluctance to give Harbaugh personnel control. It is ignorant to disregard Harbaugh leaving as a possibility. I'd leave for the Browns too if they fairly compensated me.

Harbaugh's agent.

I guess my point is this. You hear these reports through the season about Harbaugh and Baalke not getting along too great. Then this report comes out today. Surely PFT's report today is not 100% correct, but there is truth to it which is significant. Niners are "on the clock" and need to get Harbaugh a new deal before next season. Otherwise you'll see Jerry Jones offer $15 million/year for Harbaugh's services and he'll be gone.

How's that gullible? Are you saying the trade almost happened? You actually believe Florio?
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:05 PM ]
Another gullable one.

Harbaugh's agent.

I guess my point is this. You hear these reports through the season about Harbaugh and Baalke not getting along too great. Then this report comes out today. Surely PFT's report today is not 100% correct, but there is truth to it which is significant. Niners are "on the clock" and need to get Harbaugh a new deal before next season. Otherwise you'll see Jerry Jones offer $15 million/year for Harbaugh's services and he'll be gone.

whats stopping Jerry Jones from doing that now?
Too many conflicting aspects of this story for it to be true.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Harbaugh's under contract

Another gullable one.

Harbaugh's agent.

Lets put it another way...

...who benefits if the 49ers think that there is another team out there willing to give up a ton of picks and give Harbaugh a big contract?
Originally posted by cwilson830:

could still tamper with him and work out a deal for a trade, especially if harbaugh (for whatever reason) says let me go.
Originally posted by Muggins:

The owner/CEO of the organization you're reporting wanted to trade their coach replied directly to you saying your report wasn't true, and you have nothing to say? You also don't report ANYWHERE on your site that the report has been denied by the actual owner/CEO of the team? You're still listing an old story of an "unnamed 49er source" that denied the report, but nothing about Jed York's denial. Nothing.

Class journalism right there.
Originally posted by cwilson830:

could still tamper with him and work out a deal for a trade, especially if harbaugh (for whatever reason) says let me go.

Unlikely on both fronts.
The way I see it is the either

A) Report is true and there was almost a trade

B) Report is sorta true that Browns might asked and talks never went anywhere

C) Browns are leaking it out there since they looked terrible during their head coaching search and this is a way they could say without saying "Hey we almost had a top notch coach and we tried"

D) Harbaugh's camp leaked it to leverage the 9ers into more money. With this report leaking it may be the 9ers are looking to alleviate fan concern by getting the extension done and saying "Everything is perfect so please buy tickets to Levi's stadium"
Share 49ersWebzone