LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ballistic:
if he wanted to be the highest paid coach, he would have stayed in Miami after they swooned him with a private jet etc, no?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I'm just sayin' this all smells like BS to me. But if it's true, I don't think it was anything more than a contract-savvy move by the Harbaugh camp. Just my opinion.
On top of all this why the f**k would he want to coach in the same division as his brother? That would be worse than how he describes the 3 hours of coaching a football game, like sitting in a dentist chair.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Florio knows that with every horse s**t story he posts, he loses visitors to his site. of course he's gonna perpetuate his lie as long as possible.
  • buck
  • Veteran
True or false?

I do not have a clue or maybe better to say that I do not who to believe.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 4m
He wants to be the top-paid coach in NFL. Window or no window. RT @MJohnBurky maybe he thinks the window has closed in San Francisco?

THIS! If this is all true, it's nothing more than a ploy to get more money. And I can't blame him--he isn't even the highest paid coach in the NFC West!

how do you make more money on a trade !

Look at what the reports are saying: HARBAUGH stopped the trade. Again, assuming all of this is true, looks like Harbaugh had the final say.

My guess is that the offer was ludicrous. IE, Niners had no choice but to take it seriously.

Harbaugh probably looked at that and realized he's be in Cleveland with all of his picks shipped to SF.

...and this is just assuming there is any validity to the story, which I strongly question.
how can any details of the trade happen if JH had the final say ?

unless they negotiated without JH..which would be stupid
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 4m
He wants to be the top-paid coach in NFL. Window or no window. RT @MJohnBurky maybe he thinks the window has closed in San Francisco?

THIS! If this is all true, it's nothing more than a ploy to get more money. And I can't blame him--he isn't even the highest paid coach in the NFC West!

how do you make more money on a trade !

Look at what the reports are saying: HARBAUGH stopped the trade. Again, assuming all of this is true, looks like Harbaugh had the final say.

My guess is that the offer was ludicrous. IE, Niners had no choice but to take it seriously.

Harbaugh probably looked at that and realized he's be in Cleveland with all of his picks shipped to SF.

...and this is just assuming there is any validity to the story, which I strongly question.

Exactly. As an organization, you have to consider every option thrown your way. It's not out of the realm of possibility that the Browns approached the team to see if they'd be open to it. I wouldn't doubt that Baalke/Jed York consulted with Harbaugh about it and said, "hey, here's what these guys are offering. We think it's nuts but we owe it to you to make you aware of it."

I'm sure they all got a good laugh out of it and that was that.
  • bret
  • Veteran
My take is this:

Preliminary contract negotiations began between Harbaugh's agent and the team: they were miles apart. Harbaugh expressed his displeasure to his buddy Lombardi who contacted Niners with trade proposal.

Niners called Harbaugh's bluff by coming back to him with the trade offer. Harbaugh backed down after being assured negotiations would become more friendly.

They become more friendly, but not nearly friendly enough according to Harbaugh's side. Harbaugh himself or someone close to him to put pressure on Niners to come to the table.

Result to expect: Harbaugh becomes the highest paid coach in the league, possibly with greater autonomy.
Anybody think Lombardi is the soruce?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Niners need to release a statement asap.
Originally posted by jreff22:

it probably was

Originally posted by susweel:

its fkn BS how a stupid writer can cause all this ...and teams feel responsible and forced to respond
  • bret
  • Veteran

Ian Rapaport is saying someone with the Niners was the source.

Why? He's the coach and will be for the foreseeable future. I don't think they have to make an official comment beyond that.

they did by not trading jim
Originally posted by bret:

Ian Rapaport is saying someone with the Niners was the source.

Someone from the 9ers was his source in denying it, I think jreff is saying that lombardi was Florios source
Share 49ersWebzone