LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets

gullible sheep

All these reports say that it was Harbaugh who nixed the trade. So here's the upshot: IF (and this is a HUGE if) these rumors have any teeth, then they simply imply that Jim wants more money from the 49ers. Nothing more than a savvy move during contract negotiations. If he didn't want to be here, he would have accepted the trade.

Seriously, this is nothing to worry about.
"After compiling a 40–28 win-loss record (including playoffs) in four seasons with the Raiders, Gruden replaced the fired Tony Dungy as head coach of theTampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, via a high-stakes trade that included Tampa Bay's 2002 and 2003 first-round draft picks, 2002 and 2004 second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash "

It was 2 1st's and 2 2nd's for Gruden. If the 9ers were offered something more than that wouldn't you have to consider it??? Why are people trippin?
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1:53 PM
In response to @ProFootballTalk report on #Browns nearly trading for Jim Harbaugh, #Niners source calls it "completely false. Ridiculous."

EDIT: beat to it i see
[ Edited by MikeRumph on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]
Desperate move by Browns if this was even discussed. Everyone knows that 49ers and Harbaugh are in contract talks and they probably tried to get in between. I don't think this got as far as they are reporting it. Just probably a phone call to see if it was possible. Harbaugh probably said HELL NO once he heard Cleveland was the one who called lol. I'd march down to the 49ers HQ and piss on Trent/Yorks offices if this had happened.
The people that believe this are probably the same people who thought it was a lock that Harbaugh was going to Texas.
Florio says Iraq still has Weapons of Mass Destruction.
Originally posted by Ballistic:

gullible sheep

LOL, PFT going down
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pfizz:
the browns released a statement pretty much confirming something went down so say whatever you want about florio but something happened.

here...

Originally posted by valrod33:

this is the Browns official response

The team conducted an extensive coaching search, and explored several options. That search produced an outstanding head coach in Mike Pettine and we're excited about his future with the club."

you're reaching.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The people that believe this are probably the same people who thought it was a lock that Harbaugh was going to Texas.

*slowly raises hand*

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

The 49ers are expected to have an official statement shortly on the @pft report that Jim Harbaugh was nearly traded to Cleveland Browns.
Oh Mike Florio....
[ Edited by AZ9erfan520 on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Im calling 100% usda grade A b******t!Consider the source folks when it comes from that asshat Mike Florio

This.

I thought picks could not be traded for coaches anyway. I can't believe this has gotten this much traction nationally.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

gullible sheep

f**king pwned!

Wish Rapoport had thrown in a "#justsaying" tag at the end just to stir the pot.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
Im calling 100% usda grade A b******t!Consider the source folks when it comes from that asshat Mike Florio

This.

I thought picks could not be traded for coaches anyway. I can't believe this has gotten this much traction nationally.

Niners Nation ‏@NinersNation
So, apparently the Chiefs "traded" for Herm Edwards back in 2006, per @ArrowheadPride - so I'm not entirely sure how the trading thing works
Share 49ersWebzone