There are 208 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
"You trying to be funny?"
Harbaughs answer to the question of the texas job, right after he had a look flash on his face like, "i wish i could punch you in the gonads"

the story is moronic drivel, those repeating it and looking for ways to make it true are below that level.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
Harbaughs answer to the question of the texas job, right after he had a look flash on his face like, "i wish i could punch you in the gonads"

the story is moronic drivel, those repeating it and looking for ways to make it true are below that level.

you note that the coach really did not answer the question. i think he is keeping all his options open
Originally posted by cciowa:

you note that the coach really did not answer the question. i think he is keeping all his options open

He's not keeping his options open, his agent is having him do this for leverege
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

ok i will meet you halfway,, i think we are both right. coaches always keep their options open and if the money and power is there, they will listen.. You are right because that is what agents do
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing

On the fate of JIm Harbaugh, from one of the best beat men working any NFL team, @mattbarrows:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/12/12/5996803/barrows-no-way-harbaugh-is-leaving.html
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

ok i will meet you halfway,, i think we are both right. coaches always keep their options open and if the money and power is there, they will listen.. You are right because that is what agents do

cc, Jim is not going to leave the NFL for the Texas job. it'll never happen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

i wish he could just come out and say it , just like that. all i know is that the longer he does not answer the question( yes i know it is all speculation started by the media and it sucks,, but you know what,, its out there now) the longer this thing will go on,,, in my opinion

i wish he could just come out and say it , just like that. all i know is that the longer he does not answer the question( yes i know it is all speculation started by the media and it sucks,, but you know what,, its out there now) the longer this thing will go on,,, in my opinion
i think he wants to be a arena league coach...he hasn't said he doesn't so its true
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

i think he wants to be a arena league coach...he hasn't said he doesn't so its true
if you ask him that question he will squash it because it is silly.. when a reporter asked him about the texas job he responded with a sarcastic comment and really did not address the question. whether he is actually considering it or just using the whole thing for leverage for a better deal from the niners remains to be seen. he is just playing the game
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

if you ask him that question he will squash it because it is silly.. when a reporter asked him about the texas job he responded with a sarcastic comment and really did not address the question. whether he is actually considering it or just using the whole thing for leverage for a better deal from the niners remains to be seen. he is just playing the game

you're looking way too much into Harbaugh's answer.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

you're looking way too much into Harbaugh's answer.
agree.. i am actually a news and sports director for a small to m edium market iowa tv and radio station so that is what i do. I am sorry if sometimes it seems like my job(on a much smaller scale than the bay area media) spills onto my postings. over the years when a coach is coy and does NOT answer a question, it gets my juices in a lather as we ( media) think the coaches are hiding something. that is somewhat of a explanation of why i have latched onto this "story" It is not my intention to provoke or stoke a fire. my job has just spilled over into this thread

Cool, i see what you are saying. I forget who his agent is, but Greg Papa was talking about this yesterday. I guess he has a history of doing things like this. But as Papa said, i would prefer this was happening in the offseason rather than right before the stretch run.
And as you said above about just outright shooting it down, Papa agreed with you, but said this seemed to be in line with his agent having him say these things for leverage.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Dec 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Cool, i see what you are saying. I forget who his agent is, but Greg Papa was talking about this yesterday. I guess he has a history of doing things like this. But as Papa said, i would prefer this was happening in the offseason rather than right before the stretch run.
but then it would not any fun for the media,,, trust me,, they eat up something like this and will give it lots of legs until the coach comes out and 100 per cent squashes it and even then, they speculate he is not happy in san fran because he is ( we love this quote) " entertaining" offers
A good article from Jim Trotter about Harbaugh.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-coaching-rumors/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Louisiana49er:
A good article from Jim Trotter about Harbaugh.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-coaching-rumors/

Good? Eh not really.
Share 49ersWebzone