LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
well of course money is a big part of it. If I remember correctly he turned down less money with the Dolphins to coach the 49ers. So money is not paramount. I remember when we hired him, all the stories about how his meetings with Baalke were what convinced him to stay. Doesn't sound like a guy who can't share some degree of control over a team.
well things can change after three years,, for the record, i like him and i hope he stays but i would also understand him leaving for the reasons i mentioned. i also will not slash my wrists because unlike the decade of 2000,, we actually have a good front office who i trust will find a good replacement if we ever have to face that scenario. if he thinks a move is good for him, his career, his family, i am not going to crucify him for it
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.

Dude, they were 5-yards away. You know you're talking about THE SUPER BOWL, right?

I don't even know. Who are you? Why would you ever write that paragraph?

I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.

Guy joins yesterday and the first thing he does is start to bash Harbaugh. Ya, you are a 49er fan. Ban this Seadderall fool.

Exactly

I guess that's what happens after the ninth Corona
Ha ha! What good is being a fan if you can't complain?

I ain't trippin... but what good is it to complain
Originally posted by cciowa:
well of course money is a big part of it. If I remember correctly he turned down less money with the Dolphins to coach the 49ers. So money is not paramount. I remember when we hired him, all the stories about how his meetings with Baalke were what convinced him to stay. Doesn't sound like a guy who can't share some degree of control over a team.
well things can change after three years,, for the record, i like him and i hope he stays but i would also understand him leaving for the reasons i mentioned. i also will not slash my wrists because unlike the decade of 2000,, we actually have a good front office who i trust will find a good replacement if we ever have to face that scenario. if he thinks a move is good for him, his career, his family, i am not going to crucify him for it

i agree, if he goes he goes. but i don't think he will.
"We'll sit down at the end of the season and talk about all this–and I hope he has the utmost leverage when we do that… meaning after we win a Super Bowl."

I like what Yorkie said
Not worried
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

i agree, if he goes he goes. but i don't think he will.
i should have just said what you said! we are on the same page
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
"We'll sit down at the end of the season and talk about all this–and I hope he has the utmost leverage when we do that… meaning after we win a Super Bowl."

I like what Yorkie said

i think just to get in the playoffs, after what this team has been through with injuries, roman, aldon smith,, roman would merit some type of a pay raise or extension for the coach. we were in deep s**t but the coach held the team together, despite romans best efforts to tear it down
Just a thought here. What if we win the superbowl this season and Texas still hast hired a coach. Possible the Harbaugh leaves to win the BCS?
Originally posted by xela510:
Just a thought here. What if we win the superbowl this season and Texas still hast hired a coach. Possible the Harbaugh leaves to win the BCS?

Texas has to hire quickly so they can begin the high school recruiting process.

And Mark Zuckerberg will leave Facebook and go back to Harvard to win a college pie eating contest. After that he'll enroll in grade school to win a spelling bee. After that, he'll enroll in kindergarten to win "best behaved student of the month".

I can't see Harbaugh leaving without winning a Super Bowl. When he first signed he said this is the highest level, the NFL. This is where he wants to be the best. Only if money was the main driver would he possibly leave. I don't think that is his main driver.
Lol
lol harbs ain't leaving. that this is even being considered a possibility is funny
Originally posted by BrianGO:

And Mark Zuckerberg will leave Facebook and go back to Harvard to win a college pie eating contest. After that he'll enroll in grade school to win a spelling bee. After that, he'll enroll in kindergarten to win "best behaved student of the month".

LOL
since the state legislature, the governor, the NEW school AD, the school president, and the amazingly powerful, and extremely well funded Tex football alumni association all have a hand in who is hired, the smart money is on the fact that they already have decided. supposedly Saban and his wife surreptitiously slid into Austin sometime in the last 6 months, looked around, met the principles, and then left. Don't know if true or not, but I bet they have already chosen their guy.

Somebody like tomlin I could see in that he is the captain of the Titanic...an old team, getting older and headed toward the bottom. But, in that case, why would UT even be interested in him? Makes no sense. A winner like JH DOES make sense for UT, but not for JH. He wants more money, bingo, he's got it. But taking the UT job does NOT get him a SB win to match his brother John...and that to me, makes a helluva lot more sense.

If this were truly about $$ and lots of them, then UT is barking up the wrong tree. Not that JH doesn't like money...which he will get this coming yr from Jed...but he sure seems he likes football above all else. And SB vs winning the NCAA title is like nite and day. jImbo wants that sB ring, and I bet he actually is looking for a bunch of them. Sheesh, with a super talented team, great depth, 13 picks this yr, two of which are in rd 2, a passel of all pros, the 4 best LBs in football, a fearsome front 7 and reid, Brock, whitner,et al on D, plus a good OL, great RBs, TEs, and 2 special WRs, with vance, LMj, Baldwin, and Baldwin just waiting for their chance, plus a Qb with great potential, not 30% met yet....wow, who else anywhere has that to look forward to? Jimbo stays put. Even our drafts are great, except few draftees can start because it is so hard to beat out really talented players, hence draftees sit on the pine. Not many places that happens, but it does here. Our guy stays.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone