There are 224 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
As a lifelong HORNS fan and inveterate 9ers fan, my question is, just exactly what more could he ask for? He has been to NFCC, SB, and is probably going to playoffs again with a stacked team for the future, with talent at QB, RB, TE, WRs, OL, DL, 4 essential all pro LBs, and then Reid and Brock in DBackfield, plus whitner. He has 13 draft picks, two #2s, plus we already have talent on the bench that can't get into games. The guy is basically on top of the world, and is in his contract yr, which this b.s. "news story", is just bound to increase his bargaining position. I guess Pete the cheat could have planted it, to hopefully hurt the 9ers. Other than that it is just goofy.
Also this IS the NFL, not college, and JH is close to the top of it all. Not there yet, but damn close. This is just a b.s. story and what HORNS really want is Saban. If this was a trial balloon the material they used was lead.

Go HORNS, go 9ers. As for the horns, keep your mitts off my HC. I'd recommend roman, but I don't want him at Texas either.

Now, if the TEXANS were interested, then I could heartily recommend roman.

well the HC money doesnt go against the cap so thats on Jed if he wants this team to remain a winner. i vote for harbaugh getting a 50 year contract
and he should bring in his dad as the OC. i just like lookin at that funny ass old man lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Agreed. I cant even fathom how people can be on here. Remember Dennis Erickson? Remember Mike Nolan? Remember Mike Singletary? Jim Harbaugh saved this franchise from being on the Raiders level. Unless he strings together like 3+ terrible losing years, hes going to be the coach here for another 10 years. The 49ers brass isnt dumb. They know what its like to not have a good coach around, and its bad for business.

Most franchises have a "franchise player". We have a franchise coach, who is the single most important factor in the organization.

I believe he will leave on his own before the 49ers ever fire him. I said from the beginning that this guy was as mercurial as Dick Vermiel and will burn himself out within 4 seasons.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Total BS. I live in Austin, this stuff's been floated for weeks by no one of consequence. They're going full bore after Saban.
Who leaked this stupid fake rumor? Why the hell would JH go back to college when he's having monumental success right now.

He's like 33-11-1 or somthing
They might as well put Belichek in the rumor too...

UT really has an inflated ego if it thinks they can scavenge Harbaugh...

Complete non-story

I never wanna see this again!

Harbaugh extension has to be coming soon
The rumor was made by the site Organebloods I think.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/11/harbaugh-not-amused-by-being-linked-to-univ-of-texas-job/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

"Are you trying to be funny?" Harbaugh said, when asked when he is headed to Austin.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.

You probably not all wrong....but you need to get over it and move on.

Originally posted by kray28:
I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.

I'm trying to but Harbaugh and Kaepernick took something from us that we can never get back; our aura of invincibility in the Super Bowl. And the game was right there for the taking, right there!

I'm trying to but Harbaugh and Kaepernick took something from us that we can never get back; our aura of invincibility in the Super Bowl. And the game was right there for the taking, right there!

You probably miss Erickson, Nolan & Singletary. During those bleak years, I missed Mooch. Now I can't even remember how to spell his name. Harbaugh is king here. He brought back the dynasty. Get off his back.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

You probably miss Erickson, Nolan & Singletary. During those bleak years, I missed Mooch. Now I can't even remember how to spell his name. Harbaugh is king here. He brought back the dynasty. Get off his back.

No, but I sure miss Walsh
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2013/12/11/harbaugh-not-amused-by-being-linked-to-univ-of-texas-job/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

"Are you trying to be funny?" Harbaugh said, when asked when he is headed to Austin.

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 2h
I opened Harbaugh presser with: "So, when do you leave for Austin, Texas?" Harbaugh: "Are you trying to be funny?" Me (chastised): "Trying."
No, but I sure miss Walsh

Who doesn't?
Share 49ersWebzone