There are 178 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive oriented coach come in if Harbaugh wants to leave. He did a good job here and whoever would take his place would inherit a good team.

This x 1000
Jedi Jed, now in charge, thankfully, went thru 8 yrs of hell and never wants to revisit that place again. We got our coach, and now he needs and deserves to be paid. Just pay the man already, WIT .

WIT = whatever it takes.

I guess the other guy who could have planted this story could have been Saban.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM ]
Jim seems like a high character guy. Money isn't what drives him. He wants the ultimate prize - a superbowl.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Translation: Contract negotiations are still on going with Texas

This time, I totally believe Harbaugh. I think Texas would like to think that Harbaugh is interested....but I don't think he is.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Jim seems like a high character guy. Money isn't what drives him. He wants the ultimate prize - a superbowl.

He may want to win the Super Bowl, but what the 49ers are willing to pay him also tells him how much the organization appreciates him and respects him. A lot of those demands for bigger contracts are not done squarely for the money. I'm sure Jim's financial status is going to be more than fine for his entire lifetime, as well as that of his children. However, the amount he gets paid reflects his standing in the league. If he is an elite coach, he should be getting elite money. Now, he may be willing to take a discount to stay with the 49ers, but he will want to know that the 49ers at least think of him as a top-notch head coach.
Did I miss the news that Harbaugh said he was interested? Some of you act like that is the case. All that was said is Texas WANTS one of those guys among others but doesn't mean those coaches will even be interested. They might as well throw Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, George Halas on there wish list as well.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Did I miss the news that Harbaugh said he was interested? Some of you act like that is the case. All that was said is Texas WANTS one of those guys among others but doesn't mean those coaches will even be interested. They might as well throw Bill Belichick, Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi, George Halas on there wish list as well.

Although they would have to offer some pretty attractive incentives to get some of those guys to come back from the dead.
What happens if upper management demands that Roman be let go and Harbaugh disagrees? Harbaugh then holds a job offer from Texas as his trump card? I could easily see a "Harbaugh way or the highway" scenario play out.

I shudder at the thought.....
Any of you that think the 49ers would be IMPROVED by Jim Harbaugh leaving the team are giant (insert negative word of choice here) and should turn in their fancards immediately.

Seriously, who are you people?
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Dec 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.

Dude, they were 5-yards away. You know you're talking about THE SUPER BOWL, right?

I don't even know. Who are you? Why would you ever write that paragraph?

Originally posted by pete98146:
What happens if upper management demands that Roman be let go and Harbaugh disagrees? Harbaugh then holds a job offer from Texas as his trump card? I could easily see a "Harbaugh way or the highway" scenario play out.

I shudder at the thought.....

Upper management will not make that demand.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.

Dude, they were 5-yards away. You know you're talking about THE SUPER BOWL, right?

I don't even know. Who are you? Why would you ever write that paragraph?

I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Any of you that think the 49ers would be IMPROVED by Jim Harbaugh leaving the team are giant (insert negative word of choice here) and should turn in their fancards immediately.

Seriously, who are you people?

Agreed. I cant even fathom how people can be on here. Remember Dennis Erickson? Remember Mike Nolan? Remember Mike Singletary? Jim Harbaugh saved this franchise from being on the Raiders level. Unless he strings together like 3+ terrible losing years, hes going to be the coach here for another 10 years. The 49ers brass isnt dumb. They know what its like to not have a good coach around, and its bad for business.

Most franchises have a "franchise player". We have a franchise coach, who is the single most important factor in the organization.
Resign. Him. Now.

5 years $7M/yr and an unlimited supply of dockers (since they're owned by Levi Strauss)
You're supposed to be the next great one Jim, you cant leave

Share 49ersWebzone