Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Cam Inman ‏@CamInman

#49ers Jim Harbaugh on possible interest from University of #Texas: "I don't ever talk about any job other than the one I have."

Translation:"Once they get that offer north of $12 million per year with a percentage of the TV action thrown in, we can talk."

They can have Greg Roman instead.

this and we'll cover his moving expenses

they can take our awesome wide receivers coach too

This more than that.
I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive oriented coach come in if Harbaugh wants to leave. He did a good job here and whoever would take his place would inherit a good team.
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
I wouldn't mind seeing a more offensive oriented coach come in if Harbaugh wants to leave. He did a good job here and whoever would take his place would inherit a good team.

nothing wrong with jim as an offensive coach. hes too loyal to greg roman tho. if we just get a more aggressive OC i dont see anyone beating us for years
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

If we lose jim harbaugh just go after john harbaugh ... lol
Harbaugh leaves... Roman becomes our new head coach....Niner fans heads explode
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM ]
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.
If Jim leaves my whole world would be shattered
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:44 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

nothing wrong with jim as an offensive coach. hes too loyal to greg roman tho. if we just get a more aggressive OC i dont see anyone beating us for years

This offense is so stale and predictable. I like the guy that was here in 2011 much better than the 2013 version.

I think Jim is too proud to leave the NFL without a Super Bowl. I would be more concerned about him leaving if we had won one with him.
As a lifelong HORNS fan and inveterate 9ers fan, my question is, just exactly what more could he ask for? He has been to NFCC, SB, and is probably going to playoffs again with a stacked team for the future, with talent at QB, RB, TE, WRs, OL, DL, 4 essential all pro LBs, and then Reid and Brock in DBackfield, plus whitner. He has 13 draft picks, two #2s, plus we already have talent on the bench that can't get into games. The guy is basically on top of the world, and is in his contract yr, which this b.s. "news story", is just bound to increase his bargaining position. I guess Pete the cheat could have planted it, to hopefully hurt the 9ers. Other than that it is just goofy.
Also this IS the NFL, not college, and JH is close to the top of it all. Not there yet, but damn close. This is just a b.s. story and what HORNS really want is Saban. If this was a trial balloon the material they used was lead.

Go HORNS, go 9ers. As for the horns, keep your mitts off my HC. I'd recommend roman, but I don't want him at Texas either.

Now, if the TEXANS were interested, then I could heartily recommend roman.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
As a lifelong HORNS fan and inveterate 9ers fan, my question is, just exactly what more could he ask for? He has been to NFCC, SB, and is probably going to playoffs again with a stacked team for the future, with talent at QB, RB, TE, WRs, OL, DL, 4 essential all pro LBs, and then Reid and Brock in DBackfield, plus whitner. He has 13 draft picks, two #2s, plus we already have talent on the bench that can't get into games. The guy is basically on top of the world, and is in his contract yr, which this b.s. "news story", is just bound to increase his bargaining position. I guess Pete the cheat could have planted it, to hopefully hurt the 9ers. Other than that it is just goofy.
Also this IS the NFL, not college, and JH is close to the top of it all. Not there yet, but damn close. This is just a b.s. story and what HORNS really want is Saban. If this was a trial balloon the material they used was lead.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

I'm sorry you don't make it to the superbowl and just walk away without getting a win in it! No way, he will get more money and deserves it but not happening, he tasted it and he wants it!
he is staying i'm pretty sure of that. we'll open up the wallet for him, the benefit of new revenue streams through a new stadium
Share 49ersWebzone