There are 199 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Remember the Ravens swapped OC's in midseason, everyone in the NFL thought it was a bad move? Cam Cameron won them a super bowl, by "calling the right plays"! We need to do this...while we still have a winning record.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
No thanks. I would prefer that the guy calling the plays actually has experience doing that job. Harbs has shown to be a good headcoach, he has never shown to be an offensive coordinator.

Roman is just calling the game according to Harbaugh's wishes and reflecting their lack of confidence in Kap. Who can blame them?? He has rarely executed a gameplan this season. So many draws and screen passes on 3rd down because Kap is more likely to turn the ball over than convert a 1st down. There is no way around it, Kap is playing awful this year. I still think he can be elite in the future because he has the physical skills to do it and as a fan I'm hoping that the mental part of the game will catch up to him and surpass his physical abilities... just like it did with Steve Young. Last year it seemed like he would reach that point by 2014... now it is looking like that might not happen until 2016 if it happens at all.

Kap is reminding me of the 2005-2007 Smith, Alex didn't even start playing good football until 2009 but it didn't really matter because he doesn't have the physical ability... plus his version of good football is just don't force bad passes, dump off often, and rely on your teammates.

Coaching isn't the problem... Kap's play is the problem. He is struggling and the offense, the 32nd ranked passing offense, reflects how poorly our QB is playing. I'd only argue that maybe Roman and Harbaugh have to face reality and start making things ridiculously simple for Kap... go Alex Smith on his butt and start calling short safe throws instead of these long passes. They seem to be in denial of how piss poor he is playing.

and...we dont have even a decent backup!
It's not practical to let Roman go at this point in the season, but after yesterday's game, I would consider it.
Originally posted by goldrush49:
Remember the Ravens swapped OC's in midseason, everyone in the NFL thought it was a bad move? Cam Cameron won them a super bowl, by "calling the right plays"! We need to do this...while we still have a winning record.

Actually Cameron was the guy replaced by Jim Caldwell and the Ravens offense is God awful this year. It worked only for a few games.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
To be honest, I never really watched college football. Did Harbaugh call the offense plays there?

As I recall, his offenses had great rhythm with run-first based philosophies.

Roman called the plays.
Roman has been bad. No doubt about it. Especially in the passing game. However, what if Kaepernick just isn't very good? When defenses take away our running game? He doesn't just bend. He completely implodes. 46 net passing yards in 4 quarters of play from a professional qb on loaded roster?!?!?!? You can't possibly put that all on roman. Carolina is taking all the glory over winning by one and wanting to crown that defense but this has happened against every decent defense we've played over the past two seasons. Give Carolina credit. We knew that defense was legit but they aren't that dominant. We're just that inept on offense and our games against Seattle, and Indy validate that.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
To be honest, I never really watched college football. Did Harbaugh call the offense plays there?

As I recall, his offenses had great rhythm with run-first based philosophies.

Roman called the plays.

No Shaw called the plays at Stanford. The only reason he isn't our OC now is they hired him to be Harbaugh's replacement.
Loaded roster?...

Seriously? Who did we have out there receiving yesterday? A recovering Manningham, an aging Boldin, and what else?
Roman called the plays.

Roman was running game coordinator, Shaw was passing game coordinator, I believe Shaw actually called the plays.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Roman called the plays.

Roman was running game coordinator, Shaw was passing game coordinator, I believe Shaw actually called the plays.
lots of excuses for roman. he is the OC, the buck stops with him. he is in charge of the offense and at crunch time he goes into a fetal position. the fourth and short from the two was inexcusable(gee just like the super bowl), JH deserves blame to,, he lets roman go down retard road. the f**ker should be fired today and Jh should take over things just like his brother did last year. But of course that would mean making JH admit he made a mistake and that will not happen. not going for it on fourth and short sends a terrible message and fortifies the other team. until a change is made , we will continue to beat teams with bad records and lose to good teams. and please spare me any stuff about "last year or the year before". that was then,, this is now and based upon the way this team has played vs teams with winning records, its not good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xela510:
This is another thing Im concerned with. Im not convinced that its only Greg Roman. Harbaugh im sure has a lot of say whats going on too and I dont like that his ego gets into the game plan.

everything roman calls , JH could stop. he does not, JH is an enabler to retard roman. Oh and what happened on this team and who the coaches and OC were before the current regime arrived has nothing to do with anything ,

The webzone had this same reaction after the Indianapolis loss and the coaching staff had a "emergency" meeting to fix this before the Ram game why is it nothing was fixed? even during there 5 game streak the passing was not all that great they won mainly cause the opponents were garbage and they ran the ball and played great D why is it in all this time 10 weeks into the season they cant fix this problem? i don't understand it this has been a problem since week 2 HORRIBLE QB WR play WHY CANT THEY FIX IT??
[ Edited by Raul98 on Nov 11, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Not going for it on 4th and 1 on the panthers 2 yard line???? Where's the jumbo package? Even if you fail to get the first down, you pin the panthers as deep as you possibly can , and your defense was playing well.

how can roman bathwater drinkers defend or answer this post? once again, roman took something that was unf**kable and f**ked it up
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Raul98:
The webzone had this same reaction after the Indianapolis loss and the coaching staff had a "emergency" meeting to fix this before the Ram game why is it nothing was fixed? even during there 5 game streak the passing was not all that great they won mainly cause the opponents were garbage and they ran the ball and played great D why is it in all this time 10 weeks into the season they cant fix this problem? i don't understand it this has been a problem since week 2 HORRIBLE QB WR play WHY CANT THEY FIX IT??

perhaps because they do not know how to fix it or (speaking of death and destruction) the answer may lie in a area the coaches and fans do not want to ponder or consider and that is the quarterback is the issue or the wide receivers are the issue and the only way it can be fixed is to tear down and start over with new players at those spots. also if the loss of one player in vernon has such a negative affect on this offense, then the coaches deserve to be flamed for allowing the team to get into this position. the more i look at things, the only things that got fixed was that we played five average or below average teams and maybe that is what this team really is
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Raul98:

perhaps because they do not know how to fix it or (speaking of death and destruction) the answer may lie in a area the coaches and fans do not want to ponder or consider and that is the quarterback is the issue or the wide receivers are the issue and the only way it can be fixed is to tear down and start over with new players at those spots. also if the loss of one player in vernon has such a negative affect on this offense, then the coaches deserve to be flamed for allowing the team to get into this position. the more i look at things, the only things that got fixed was that we played five average or below average teams and maybe that is what this team really is
It's really frustrating cause a good coaching staff takes what they got and gets the most out of them i'm not seeing it here. They have a tall QB with a cannon arm and can run like a RB. They have Boldin who sometimes is unarguable. They have Davis one of the fastest and best TE's in the league. They have Mcdonald who has the size to be a amazing TE as well. They have Baldwin a 1st round pick who has size and speed. They have Manningham back now even though he may ne rusty. They have Williams who sucks as wide out but can be shifty and super fast in the slot (if he doesn't fumble) These are all more than enough things to have our passing to at least the middle of the NFL but were dead last. It's frustrating to see such a good team being wasted like this.
Really wish they had traded for Josh Gordon...I think the passing game was more effective with Rattay/Pickett/Weinke/Troy Smith/Jimmy Raye/Jim Hostler....
Share 49ersWebzone