There are 251 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheRambler:
I think this is gonna be his last year. That's prob the worst loss of his career

I agree
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Michigan is not that much talented than michigan st. You act like michigan gets clemson,bama,georgia, lsu, type of talent.

Jim is an above average coach at best and that program is overrated.

Dabo made a nothing program at Clemson into a superpower. A great coach can make a program.
Originally posted by Jiks:
My point is that good coaching can succumb having less talent. MSU is less talented than Michigan yet they beat Harbaugh all of the time. OSU may have more talent yet Harbaugh has never been a good enough coach to overcome having slightly less talent. I mean it's not like Harbaugh is not getting solid recruits, he's just not good enough to be an underdog and win. Michigan is not paying Harbaugh to get beat every year, especially with solid recruiting.

Maybe I missed your point but you and I have discussed this and you seem to think there's no way a less talented team should ever beat a more talented team even though MSU just did it

Upsets happen that's never been my point. It just doesn't happen when OSU faces Michigan as the teams are too dialed in for it. You wouldn't understand if you don't know the rivalry.

As for today. It's an embarrassing loss and just signals that he's again running a 3-4 loss program not capable of making the playoffs or winning the Big 10. He is done.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 31, 2020 at 8:20 PM ]
  • Jiks
Originally posted by tjd808185:
My point is that good coaching can succumb having less talent. MSU is less talented than Michigan yet they beat Harbaugh all of the time. OSU may have more talent yet Harbaugh has never been a good enough coach to overcome having slightly less talent. I mean it's not like Harbaugh is not getting solid recruits, he's just not good enough to be an underdog and win. Michigan is not paying Harbaugh to get beat every year, especially with solid recruiting.

Maybe I missed your point but you and I have discussed this and you seem to think there's no way a less talented team should ever beat a more talented team even though MSU just did it

Good coaching? The guy lost to Rutgers a week ago. I'm not sure how you can get Mel Tucker is a good coach in any capacity. Indiana beat Penn State last week. That's the #2 big 10 coach/ team and they get upset from time to time. Where's that point now? Stuff like that happens to every program besides Ohio State.

It doesn't matter though. He was brought in to contend and he never has 6 years in. It's over.

I see you deleted "you consistently overrate UM as a program as well as their talent" because you know you are wrong. Where you guys are getting this blatant lie that he doesn't recruit talent is amazingly head scratching. It's literally common sense if you pay any sort of attention to CFB and recruiting.

[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 31, 2020 at 8:14 PM ]
I see you deleted "you consistently overrate UM as a program as well as their talent" because you know you are wrong.

You sure made your point. They're behind OSU every recruiting year.
  • Jiks
I see you deleted "you consistently overrate UM as a program as well as their talent" because you know you are wrong.

You sure made your point. They're behind OSU every recruiting year.

This has nothing to do with OSU... This has to do with Harbaugh not being able to put obvious top 10 talent to work. You're just going off on some weird tangent because you are a OSU homer. This is a Michigan thread. This was my OP, I'm not sure what OSU has to do with Harbaugh getting continually beat by teams with lesser talent.
Such a talented team this year(every year) going to waste by a coach that has mooched off of this very talent his entire career.
This has nothing to do with OSU... This has to do with Harbaugh not being able to put obvious top 10 talent to work. You're just going off on some weird tangent because you are a OSU homer. This is a Michigan thread. This was my OP, I'm not sure what OSU has to do with Harbaugh getting continually beat by teams with lesser talent.

Except they're not even recruiting like a top 10 school. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-schools-with-best-class-rankings-on-average-over-the-past-five-years/

It's actually along the lines of a top 15 school.
  • Jiks

Except they're not even recruiting like a top 10 school. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-recruiting-schools-with-best-class-rankings-on-average-over-the-past-five-years/

It's actually along the lines of a top 15 school.

His last 4 years

Very disingenuous to use his first season but i understand that's all you have.
[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 31, 2020 at 8:33 PM ]
His last 4 years

So that 38th ranked class didn't play for 4 years? You can't skip past it because it doesn't fit your narrative. Not how it works.
  • Jiks
His last 4 years

So that 38th ranked class didn't play for 4 years? You can't skip past it because it doesn't fit your narrative. Not how it works.

My narrative is that he's had top 5 top 5 top 21 and top 8 the last 4, with 9+ returning starters on defense and just got beat by a team that's not even close to being on that list.

5 years ago has nothing to do with this years team.
[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 31, 2020 at 8:39 PM ]

• Jiks
Comparing Michigan, Michigan State by position: Do Spartans have advantage anywhere?

ANN ARBOR, Mich. – With Michigan and Michigan State set to square off in Ann Arbor this weekend, we're breaking down which team is better at every single position. The question is: Does MSU have an advantage anywhere?
https://www.clickondetroit.com/all-about-ann-arbor/2020/10/29/comparing-michigan-michigan-state-by-position-do-spartans-have-advantage-anywhere/

Lol this article gave Michigan the better players at EVERY position except kicker.

The point is to build a team. 2015 was his first year so of course it wasn't going to happen overnight. The last 4+ years he's gotten some great talent and has done absolutely nothing. To sit and lie that he doesn't have talent is laughable.
[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 31, 2020 at 8:55 PM ]
Your arguing vs yourself on this because no one has ever said Mich State has equal talent to Michigan. That's why they were 21 point dogs. Just like Indiana didn't have more talent than Penn State when they beat them last weekend.
  • Jiks
Your arguing vs yourself on this because no one has ever said Mich State has equal talent to Michigan. That's why they were 21 point dogs. Just like Indiana didn't have more talent than Penn State when they beat them last weekend.

"Michigan is not that much talented than michigan st."

True or false?
[ Edited by Jiks on Oct 31, 2020 at 9:06 PM ]
From UM fan

"I remember thinking that Harbaughs NFL and Super Bowl experience would make him much "smarter" and better at "player development" than any college coach. Turns out that didn't mean jack s**t. He's tactically dumb, and he can't motivate a drowning man to put on a life preserver. He's weird, awkward, and continues to underperform. "

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
From UM fan

"I remember thinking that Harbaughs NFL and Super Bowl experience would make him much "smarter" and better at "player development" than any college coach. Turns out that didn't mean jack s**t. He's tactically dumb, and he can't motivate a drowning man to put on a life preserver. He's weird, awkward, and continues to underperform. "

There's not too much that's false, there.
Share 49ersWebzone