Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What's different here?

13 - 3? Harbaugh did it.

Make a Super Bowl. Harbaugh did it.

Lose a Super Bowl. Harbuagh did it.

+1.

I dont hate shanny but i dont understand the harbaugh hate. Its really stupid imo.

I agree.
Originally posted by Dynasty:
He didn't have tons of talent. He literally had Alex Smith and KRAPerPICK. He had to hide his QB to make the Super Bowl. That's pretty hard to do. Our WR's were very marginal too. Not tons of talent on that team. If there was tons of talent how come Singletary couldn't do anything with the same talent?

He took over a 6-10 franchise that had never finished better than 8-8 in its previous eight seasons, and immediately went 13-3 with a trip to the NFC Championship game.

I agree.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Harbaugh is a jerk, otherwise he'd still be the Niners coach.

Correct. And we'd have #6 by now. No doubt in my mind.

Yep.

I don't get how that conclusion can be reached so easily. We went 13-3 his first year and the team regressed every year after that under him. We missed our window and came out of it with no titles. What about that 8-8 team his last year convinces people that a quick turn around and championship were just around the corner?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't get how that conclusion can be reached so easily. We went 13-3 his first year and the team regressed every year after that under him. We missed our window and came out of it with no titles. What about that 8-8 team his last year convinces people that a quick turn around and championship were just around the corner?

You can't say we regressed year 2 when we went further, and in year 3 we got to the same point as year 1. Year 4 sucked but the circus atmosphere our organization created played a huge part in it.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

You can't say we regressed year 2 when we went further, and in year 3 we got to the same point as year 1. Year 4 sucked but the circus atmosphere our organization created played a huge part in it.

And this is exactly why nobody can realistically say #6 was right around the corner with that team. Shoulda had it somewhere in 2011-2013, but by the time 2014 hit it was too late for that group.

Yeah come on. His own owner was trying to trade him to the Cleveland Browns. And trying to undermine him at every turn. His GM and owner were both fighting him non stop instead of helping a coach like you are supposed to do. If people don't think this has an effect on the team they are delusional. I seem to remember a phantom call too that could have had us 9 - 7 that year. But we got cheated and ended up 8 - 8. The bottom line is you can't have an owner and GM sabotage a head coach 24/7 and expect it not to have an effect on the team. To blame it all on Harbaugh is ridiculous. It was more on Jed to be honest. He caused that season although he never takes the blame.

Yeah come on. His own owner was trying to trade him to the Cleveland Browns. And trying to undermine him at every turn. His GM and owner were both fighting him non stop instead of helping a coach like you are supposed to do. If people don't think this has an effect on the team they are delusional. I seem to remember a phantom call too that could have had us 9 - 7 that year. But we got cheated and ended up 8 - 8. The bottom line is you can't have an owner and GM sabotage a head coach 24/7 and expect it not to have an effect on the team. To blame it all on Harbaugh is ridiculous. It was more on Jed to be honest. He caused that season although he never takes the blame.

To blame none of it on Harbaugh is ridiculous, too. lol

Workplace psychology and sociology 101:

Owner - throws slightly lower down boss under the buss, tries to trade him, berates him in front of subordinates, tells the media we can do better.

Slightly lower down manager or in this case a coach - loses total control of everybody below them.

Subordinates or in this case the team - stop listening to the coach completely. As the owner no longer backs him. They know somebody new is coming soon.

At fault here = OWNER. He sabotaged the season.

Owner - throws slightly lower down boss under the buss, tries to trade him, berates him in front of subordinates, tells the media we can do better.

Slightly lower down manager or in this case a coach - loses total control of everybody below them.

Subordinates or in this case the team - stop listening to the coach completely. As the owner no longer backs him. They know somebody new is coming soon.

There were reports back in January after the Seattle playoff loss that our management felt that we had a better coach on the roster. Of course referring to their stooge Tomsula. I wouldn't say they're responsible as JH's offensive woes factor in too but yeah that circus they created without a doubt made the collapse inevitable.

There were reports back in January after the Seattle playoff loss that our management felt that we had a better coach on the roster. Of course referring to their stooge Tomsula. I wouldn't say they're responsible as JH's offensive woes factor in too but yeah that circus they created without a doubt made the collapse inevitable.

Yes I agree. You can't do that. It's just management 101. Or in this case ownership 101. Jed was so immature. He had absolutely no idea how to handle that situation. This is not what they would teach you in business school I can assure you. It's not how you undermine those below you so those below them stop listening and even trying. It's just common sense. Jed and the Yorks had a lot to learn.

It's OK if they wanted to move on from Harbaugh. They are the owners. But to do it like this was disastrous. And just the wrong way own or manage something from the top. It's just not how you do it in a mature fashion. If you think Harbaugh was mean and didn't want him fine. But don't do it like this. Don't sabotage him and in turn the whole team and season. To say Harbaugh wasn't a good coach for us is ridiculous too IMO. He literally had Alex Smith and KRAPerPICK and made the Super Bowl and NFC Championship games. With Singletary doing absolutely nothing with the same talent before him. It's remarkable what he did. He was major league sabotaged his 1 and only bad year. That's more on Jed and the Yorks. You can't create a circus like that and expect it to go over well.

Yes I agree. You can't do that. It's just management 101. Or in this case ownership 101. Jed was so immature. He had absolutely no idea how to handle that situation. This is not what they would teach you in business school I can assure you. It's not how you undermine those below you so those below them stop listening and even trying. It's just common sense. Jed and the Yorks had a lot to learn.

It's OK if they wanted to move on from Harbaugh. They are the owners. But to do it like this was disastrous. And just the wrong way own or manage something from the top. It's just not how you do it in a mature fashion. If you think Harbaugh was mean and didn't want him fine. But don't do it like this. Don't sabotage him and in turn the whole team and season. To say Harbaugh wasn't a good coach for us is ridiculous too IMO. He literally had Alex Smith and KRAPerPICK and made the Super Bowl and NFC Championship games. With Singletary doing absolutely nothing with the same talent before him. It's remarkable what he did. He was major league sabotaged his 1 and only bad year. That's more on Jed and the Yorks. You can't create a circus like that and expect it to go over well.

All that really needs said to show Jed had no clue was he though Tomsula was better.

Oh poor Jim. He was such a victim. He definitely deserves no blame for anything that went wrong with his football team. Of course, all the credit for any success, but definitely no fault for the fall.
Retiring Big Ten ref.

The head linesman — from the state of Michigan, not that it matters — (assessed the penalty). … Coach Harbaugh threw his clipboard out on the field. Well, that's a no-brainer. First of all, he was complaining about an offside call, which is not the hardest in the book to make. It was a completely valid call.

You have to be able to control yourself. There's a tremendous amount of gray area with the unsportsmanlike conduct call. His actions were black and white. If that head linesman doesn't make that call, he's going to get downgraded by the boss. And it's going to cost him.

You throw something out on the field, I can understand that … if you're a fourth-grader.

He's still not the worst coach. The worst coach I've ever worked for, ever, not even close, no one within 10 miles, is Bo Pelini. (laughs)

Yeah there is no way you can say the team regressed every year when they clearly improved from year 1 to year 2. And year 4 doesn't count considering Jed decided to fire him before the season even started and everyone knew that, including Jim, the players and the fans.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Yeah there is no way you can say the team regressed every year when they clearly improved from year 1 to year 2. And year 4 doesn't count considering Jed decided to fire him before the season even started and everyone knew that, including Jim, the players and the fans.

Despite having Baalke drafting . That was the most impressive
Share 49ersWebzone