There are 131 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

What a good game

But as expected the #7 team beats the lower ranked team
Originally posted by ads_2006:
What a good game

But as expected the #7 team beats the lower ranked team

Yeah Harbaugh's team played hard, the other team was just better.
It was a good 2nd half, they ran the ball very well vs a d that only gives up a 1.5 a carry. A lot of positives to carry forward to Notre Dame.

But if they don't win that game He's running out of lifelines.
Poor coaching made that dude drop the easy TD. lol
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,062
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Jiks:
How many times were they ranked?

Does JH get a pass because they're not ranked as high?

No but PSU hasn't been very good the last few years if I'm not mistaken.
Originally posted by Jiks:
No but PSU hasn't been very good the last few years if I'm not mistaken.

Under Franklyn by bad you mean 3, 4 losses including UM's. They're on the same level as UM. It's Penn State they're a d good program. 16 they finished the year at 7th so that would be JH's best win vs them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 19, 2019 at 8:22 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
JH is 3-1 vs Penn State right now. Can we stop with the trivial big game definition.

Okay how about this:

Is it unreasonable to ask for him to make it to the Big 10 Championship game?

There are seven teams in his division, and three of them have been punching bags the entire time he's been there. This loss basically means it'll be five straight seasons without making it to the Big 10 Championship.

Did Michigan hire him to win games? Sure. But I'm also pretty sure they would like at least one division title within five seasons (and please don't count 2018. Ohio State crushed them and got the tiebreaker to play in the conference championship).

To me, this is the equivalent of Kyle being with us for five seasons and not making the playoffs. I think we can all agree Shanahan should get us to the playoffs by 2021 or his tenure is a failure.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Oct 19, 2019 at 8:24 PM ]
Good response from Michigan, they played their asses off in the 2nd half but they shouldn't have been down 21-0 to start with. This reminded me a lot of the SB, the team getting down big, making some dumb mistakes, making a furious comeback only to fall short, turning over the ball on downs on the other team's goal line.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Okay how about this:

Is it unreasonable to ask for him to make it to the Big 10 Championship game?

There are seven teams in his division, and three of them have been punching bags the entire time he was there. This loss basically means it'll be five straight seasons without making it to the Big 10 Championship.

Did Michigan hire him to win games? Sure. But I'm also pretty sure they would like at least one division title within five seasons (and please don't count 2018. Ohio State crushed them and got the tiebreaker to play in the conference championship).

I'll give you that he should have a victory over OSU and a Big 10 title by now. He has fallen short in places.
But if people think UM can compete with Ohio State year to year with any coach nowadays they're insane. Have you seen OSU this year? OSU has beaten UM 16 out of the last 18 times. They're just a superior program. UM is at Penn State/ Wisconsin's level now. Wisc/ Penn St got him this year. He got them last year.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 19, 2019 at 8:46 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll give you that he should have a victory over OSU and Big 10 title by now. He has fallen short in places.
But just a reminder OSU has beaten Michigan 16 out of the last 18 times. Michigan hasn't won the Big 10 since 2003. Just like you want to bring up that there's door mats in the Big 10 you also should acknowledge OSU's superiority and flipping that is delusional as knocking Bama off their SEC pedestal. It's not happening. And programs like Wisconsin, Penn State they're not punching bags that Michigan just dominates.

Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan State have all won the conference within this decade during OSU's dominance. Some even multiple times.

Auburn, LSU and Georgia have all won the SEC within this decade during Alabama's dominance.

Is winning the conference easy? Absolutely not. But five seasons now and not even a conference championship appearance? Despite winning a lot of regular season games? To me that is the very definition of not being able to win big games when it matters the most.

I miss Harbaugh. We were awesome when he was here. I'm still mad Jed fired him. I totally get all that.

But it is a fact that virtually every time Harbaugh's team plays in an extremely meaningful game that can push their season's significance to the next level, they find some way, some how to come up short. And that's been the case for years. It's not bad luck or a small sample size anymore.

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan State have all won the conference within this decade during OSU's dominance. Some even multiple times.

Auburn, LSU and Georgia have all won the SEC within this decade during Alabama's dominance.

Is winning the conference easy? Absolutely not. But five seasons now and not even a conference championship appearance? Despite winning a lot of regular season games? To me that is the very definition of not being able to win big games when it matters the most.

I miss Harbaugh. We were awesome when he was here. I'm still mad Jed fired him. I totally get all that.

But it is a fact that virtually every time Harbaugh's team plays in an extremely meaningful game that can push their season's significance to the next level, they find some way, some how to come up short. And that's been the case for years. It's not bad luck or a small sample size anymore.

They beat OSU which UM hasn't. Of course they don't have OSU lining up for them the entire year like UM does. Again this goes beyond JH. 16 out of the last 18 years is what it is. A superior program flexing it's muscles. But yeah he did let a game or 2 vs OSU slip so you can make the argument that he could have a title.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 19, 2019 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They beat OSU which UM hasn't. Of course they don't have OSU lining up for them the entire year like UM does. Again this goes beyond JH. 16 out of the last 18 years is what it is. A superior program flexing it's muscles. But yeah he did let a game or 2 vs OSU slip so you can make the argument that he could have a title.

"OSU lining up for them the entire year"?

Are you saying Michigan is at a disadvantage because OSU cares so much about beating them?

Umm then Michigan should care just as much about beating OSU lol
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
"OSU lining up for them the entire year"?

Are you saying Michigan is at a disadvantage because OSU cares so much about beating them?

Umm then Michigan should care just as much about beating OSU lol

Yeah but when a squad has more talent than yours and is playing at their highest level guess what the results are. Last 15 years OSU is 14-1 with 9 wins over 10 points. It's barely even a rivalry anymore.

But it does need to be said that JH's problems vs high ranked teams extend past OSU. I'm not saying he's off the hook.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 19, 2019 at 9:25 PM ]
  • Jiks
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,062
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
"OSU lining up for them the entire year"?

Are you saying Michigan is at a disadvantage because OSU cares so much about beating them?

Umm then Michigan should care just as much about beating OSU lol

Hasn't Michigan had some of the top recruiting classes the last few years?


There's no excuses here. Harbaugh is a good coach but thats it. Many try to pin him as upper echelon but he's just plainly not.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 27,032
#8 Notre Dame up next

Well the next three games after that are definitely winnable...just before the annual beat down coming against Buckeyes
Share 49erswebzone