LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'm from Toledo. I know the UM-OSU rivalry up and down. It's a fact that OSU is leaps and bounds better than UM right now. That did not start with Harbaugh, and it won't end there either. Like I said OSU has won 17 out of the last 19 tries. What rivalry is there?

So being realistic. I will give you JH should be 1-4 vs them and not 0-5. They're not winning this year so let's just pencil that loss in now. He's fell a bit short in that yeah you'd at least like 1 Big Ten title in his 5 years, 1 win over OSU. But OSU is better than them. It is what it is.

Michigan doesn't have an intrinsic recruiting disadvantage though. An elite coach and recruiter should be able to bypass Ohio State shouldn't they? Dabo Sweeney has and he started with much less talent at Clemson.

Question is why is OSU better? You can't be arguing there is nothing Harbaugh can do.

Exactly. If fking Clemson whos been a joke for so long can turn into this, and with a coach that wasnt well known at all, then theres no excuses left for Jim. Jim had a huge advantage, especially early on with all the free advertising that espn basically gave them and still couldnt bring in top recruits.

I would give him more of a pass if wasnt payed like someone who should be winning NCs. But thats the reality, you dont give him that much money and say we are okay with 8 or 9 win seasons. Theres a reason hes on the hot seat right now, this isnt something thata only being discussed in this thread. Plenty of UM fans want him gone too and so does the local media.
Didn't know that because you pay your coach more that means your program automatically wins. If only other schools caught on.
Didn't know that because you pay your coach more that means your program automatically wins. If only other schools caught on.

It means that hes expected to win a lot. You are under the impression that the 2nd highest payed coach in football is doing a good job and he shouldn't be getting criticized.

Until he beats OSU or wins a conference championship, or a NT, he hasnt done crap. He wasnt brought there to win s**tty bowl games, everybody knows that. This isnt hard to understand. Hes not lived up to the hype or expectations, no matter how you want to spin it.

Now this was enough JH talk for me, i rarely post in here, this is probably why...

Enjoy barely beating Iowa and Army in year 5.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 6, 2019 at 10:53 AM ]
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

It means that hes expected to win a lot. You are under the impression that the 2nd highest payed coach in football is doing a good job and he shouldn't be getting criticized.

Until he beats OSU or wins a conference championship, or a NT, he hasnt done crap. He wasnt brought there to win s**tty bowl games, everybody knows that. This isnt hard to understand. Hes not lived up to the hype or expectations, no matter how you want to spin it.

Now this was enough JH talk for me, i rarely post in here, this is probably why...

Enjoy barely beating Iowa and Army in year 5.

I'm just stating what things are. If Michigan is delusional and has over the top expectations that's a UM problem and one that may set them back worse because as others have pointed out they were doing a lot worse pre JH.

And I haven't praised him one bit because the criticism is valid to an extent. I noted he should have a OSU win/ Big 10 title by now. Just also noted where UM is at as a program over the past 20 years. And I'm not in here just because of JH. I've watched Michigan football my whole life and watched them lose to Rutgers, Appalachian State, and Toledo.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 11:14 AM ]
I'm just stating what things are. If Michigan is delusional and has over the top expectations that's a UM problem and one that may set them back worse because as others have pointed out they were doing a lot worse pre JH.

And I haven't praised him one bit because the criticism is valid to an extent. I noted he should have a OSU win/ Big 10 title by now. Just also noted where UM is at as a program over the past 20 years. And I'm not in here just because of JH. I've watched Michigan football my whole life and watched them lose to Rutgers, Appalachian State, and Toledo.

I watched Florida lose to everyone under the sun under Ron Zook then Urban comes in and they win 2 titles. Kirby has damn near turned Georgia into an automatic title contender overnight.

Michigan still recruits in the top 10 annually. They did it under Hoke too. Michigan recruits itself.

Difference is the coaching is not there. OSU was better coached.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Oct 6, 2019 at 11:21 AM ]
I watched Florida lose to everyone under the sun under Ron Zook then Urban comes in and they win 2 titles. Kirby has damn near turned Georgia into an automatic title contender overnight.

Michigan still recruits in the top 10 annually. They did it under Hoke too. Michigan recruits itself.

Difference is the coaching is not there. OSU was better coached.

If you've ever looked at a NFL draft you can easily see why multiple SEC teams can win it all. Can you make that statement here about northern schools? Outside of OSU where is the Big 10 success? Notre Dame they get thumped in every big game they play in.

And OSU recruits top 3 now. 7 is Meyer's worse finish. They're better there too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 11:38 AM ]
If you've ever looked at a NFL draft you can easily see why multiple SEC teams can win it all. Can you make that statement here about northern schools? Outside of OSU where is the Big 10 success? Notre Dame they get thumped in every big game they play in.

And OSU recruits top 3 now. 7 is Meyer's worse finish. They're better there too.

It's a combination of talent and coaching. Michigan didn't score 10 points yesterday because of a lack of talent. They don't lose to OSU because they lack the talent to compete.

SEC is better at developing the talent both for winning in college and for the NFL.
It's a combination of talent and coaching. Michigan didn't score 10 points yesterday because of a lack of talent. They don't lose to OSU because they lack the talent to compete.

SEC is better at developing the talent both for winning in college and for the NFL.

How many offensive UM players you see in the league right now? Recently there's . . . and . . . . I got nothing. Tom Brady still going though.

It's a talent thing don't kid yourself and it's been the case for awhile.
How many offensive UM players you see in the league right now? Recently there's . . . and . . . . I got nothing. Tom Brady still going though.

It's a talent thing don't kid yourself and it's been the case for awhile.

There's a reason there aren't many.

Dan Mullen got talented prospects to go to freaking Mississippi State. Then put them in the NFL. The excuse that Harbaugh can't get offensive talent to Michigan is bunk.

Shea will make the league. I actually hope 9ers get him in the 6th or 7th so Shanny can turn him into a player.
There's a reason there aren't many.

Dan Mullen got talented prospects to go to freaking Mississippi State. Then put them in the NFL. The excuse that Harbaugh can't get offensive talent to Michigan is bunk.

Shea will make the league. I actually hope 9ers get him in the 6th or 7th so Shanny can turn him into a player.

Again you use the SEC. Lol.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 1:17 PM ]

Again you use the SEC. Lol.

So it's easier to recruit offensive players to Mississippi State than Michigan? Seriously?
So it's easier to recruit offensive players to Mississippi State than Michigan? Seriously?

I can tell you that's unlikely that you will find DK Metcalf and AJ Brown at some Michigan high school. They were in Mississippi though.

Big 10 specializes in power rushing for a reason. Today's speed in space requires recruiting nationally which they do but also shows why UM just can't hang as well as they use to.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 2:05 PM ]
I can tell you that's unlikely that you will find DK Metcalf and AJ Brown at some Michigan high school. They were in Mississippi though weren't they.

Big 10 specializes in power rushing for a reason. Today's speed in space requires recruiting nationally which they do but also shows why UM just can't hang as well as they use to.

Didn't realize Donovan Peoples Jones was a 5'11 4.7 guy. Someone tell the draft sites.

Big 10 specializes in rushing because that's what their coaches like to do. Purdue didn't specialize in rushing when Joe Tiller was there.

Starkville has a recruiting advantage over Ann Arbor. Who knew.
Didn't realize Donovan Peoples Jones was a 5'11 4.7 guy. Someone tell the draft sites.

Big 10 specializes in rushing because that's what their coaches like to do. Purdue didn't specialize in rushing when Joe Tiller was there.

Starkville has a recruiting advantage over Ann Arbor. Who knew.

Last post for now but you'll see the difference once they get off high school hand times. If you can't notice it now.

And Tiller had a .584 win %. Which is good at Purdue but let's not act like he was cranking out pro talent.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 2:27 PM ]
So Trent Baalke kept him from getting the necessary talent in San Francisco and now the University of Michigan is preventing him from getting the necessary talent to Ann Arbor.

Poor guy sure can't catch a break.
Share 49ersWebzone