Me year 1.

Not his team.

Year 2.

They are young.

Year 3.

They are still learning.

Year 4.

Im out of excuses.

Yeah man, I hear you...I was all for him too, but w/out results like you pointed out (winning big), he's just slightly above average
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If Iowa won , "Harbaugh can't win a big game "

When UM wins , it's not a big game

Guess big is all perspective.

If Michigan fans are happy being the 2000s Georgia Bulldogs you got the right guy.

Lol Harbaugh is totally Mark Richt

Ummmm. Excuse me gentlemen. 🙋‍♂️
[ Edited by BobbyJohnson on Oct 6, 2019 at 6:40 AM ]
What he does in college has never mattered to what he did here. Bill Walsh never finished above 3 losses in college. I guess he couldn't win the big one. Saban failed in the pros. And I guess Ryan Day should be our coach.
Originally posted by BobbyJohnson:

Ummmm. Excuse me gentlemen. 🙋‍♂️

You're right. All these Michigan fans, Michigan media, etc., all just want to have non losing seasons. Thats why they made him one of the highest payed coaches in all of football, just so he can win some crap bowl game. Im surprised they havent extended him yet...who wants to win a conference title, or beat a rival, when you can win the papa johns bowl.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
You're right. All these Michigan fans, Michigan media, etc., all just want to have non losing seasons. Thats why they made him one of the highest payed coaches in all of football, just so he can win some crap bowl game. Im surprised they havent extended him yet...who wants to win a conference title, or beat a rival, when you can win the papa johns bowl.

They technically did extend him already after year 2. But UM can want to beat OSU all they want they've failed at it 17 out of the last 19 tries. At some you got to accept reality and that's OSU is a superior program.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 9:27 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

They technically did extend him already after year 2. But UM can want to beat OSU all they want they've failed at it 17 out of the last 19 tries. At some you got to accept reality and that's OSU is a superior program.

Penn state, michigan state, even Wisconsin lol. Can barely even beat Iowa.

They've beat all those programs. Lost to them too. That's get back to blitz's point is that those games are only big games when they lose. When they win bury your head in the sand.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 9:32 AM ]

Well then the aforementioned Ryan Day should ask for more money then Jim since he's running a superior program.
Well then the aforementioned Ryan Day should ask for more money then Jim since he's running a superior program.

He's at a superior program not necessarily running one. Think Seifert. So he better win and win a bunch because they'll axe him for anything short of their goals.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM ]

They've beat all those programs. Lost to them too. That's get back to blitz's point is that those games are only big games when they lose. When they win bury your head in the sand.

Once again, he hasnt won a big game yet. Those teams are teams he should be beating every year. They didnt make him one the highest payed coaches in football to just once in a while beat those teams and lose every game to OSU. When he beats OSU, then he wins the big game, THAT IS THE BIG GAME...

Hes the 2nd highest payed coach in college football. The expectations are bigger than 8 win seasons, some s**t bowl, and maybe beating wisconsin or michican st.

If any other coach was making that money and those were the results, i have no doubt you would be calling him out.
Once again, he hasnt won a big game yet. Those teams are teams he should be beating every year. They didnt make him one the highest payed coaches in football to just once in a while beat those teams and lose every game to OSU. When he beats OSU, then he wins the big game, THAT IS THE BIG GAME...

Hes the 2nd highest payed coach in college football. The expectations are bigger than 8 win seasons, some s**t bowl, and maybe beating wisconsin or michican st.

If any other coach was making that money and those were the results, i have no doubt you would be calling him out.

I'm from Toledo. I know the UM-OSU rivalry up and down. It's a fact that OSU is leaps and bounds better than UM right now. That did not start with Harbaugh, and it won't end there either. Like I said OSU has won 17 out of the last 19 tries. What rivalry is there?

So being realistic. I will give you JH should be 1-4 vs them and not 0-5. They're not winning this year so let's just pencil that loss in now. He's fell a bit short in that yeah you'd at least like 1 Big Ten title in his 5 years, 1 win over OSU. But OSU is better than them. It is what it is.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 10:07 AM ]

Again if Michigan is happy being Georgia from the 2000s they are set right now. He's a big improvement on Brady Hoke.
I'm from Toledo. I know the UM-OSU rivalry up and down. It's a fact that OSU is leaps and bounds better than UM right now. That did not start with Harbaugh, and it won't end there either. Like I said OSU has won 17 out of the last 19 tries. What rivalry is there?

So being realistic. I will give you JH should be 1-4 vs them and not 0-5. They're not winning this year so let's just pencil that loss in now. He's fell a bit short in that yeah you'd at least like 1 Big Ten title in his 5 years, 1 win over OSU. But OSU is better than them. It is what it is.

Michigan doesn't have an intrinsic recruiting disadvantage though. An elite coach and recruiter should be able to bypass Ohio State shouldn't they? Dabo Sweeney has and he started with much less talent at Clemson.

Question is why is OSU better? You can't be arguing there is nothing Harbaugh can do.
Michigan doesn't have an intrinsic recruiting disadvantage though. An elite coach and recruiter should be able to bypass Ohio State shouldn't they? Dabo Sweeney has and he started with much less talent at Clemson.

Question is why is OSU better? You can't be arguing there is nothing Harbaugh can do.

Who is Sweeney competing against? No one. The ACC is a joke outside of Clemson. It would be one thing if you produced another Big Ten squad as your comparison but this is apples and oranges.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2019 at 10:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone