There are 129 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Jcool:
uh oh... Michigan is probably going to win this game against a higher ranked Iowa team.... I am guessing the haters will be quiet.

Didn't score much but it's a good win

Can we go back to Harbaugh's offense and 24 ppg please?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Higher ranked team, with a top d, that's beat them 2 straight previously.

You're right that he needed that one but it's no gimme.

I didn't see anyone picking Iowa to win. They've had a pretty good season thus far but you had a lot of people calling them paper tigers. They kicked the crap out of Middle Tennessee and Rutgers and barely squeaked by Iowa State. Not exactly top tier competition. Next week will be a good signal as to where both they and Penn State stand.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I didn't see anyone picking Iowa to win. They've had a pretty good season thus far but you had a lot of people calling them paper tigers. They kicked the crap out of Middle Tennessee and Rutgers and barely squeaked by Iowa State. Not exactly top tier competition. Next week will be a good signal as to where both they and Penn State stand.

CBS.com 5/7 out of their guys picked Iowa to win straight up. Might say more about UM than Iowa but plenty saw Iowa winning and for good reason. This was going to be a low scoring affair it just so happens Iowa turned the ball over too much instead of Shea doing it.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 5, 2019 at 12:56 PM ]
CBS.com 5/7 out of their guys picked Iowa to win straight up. Might say more about UM than Iowa but plenty saw Iowa winning and for good reason. This was going to be a low scoring affair it just so happens Iowa turned the ball over too much instead of Shea doing it.

From SI:

On ESPN it was pretty much the same thing. Iowa is good defensively but their offense will struggle against any halfway decent defense. Next week against Penn State will say a lot about the state of both teams.
From SI:

On ESPN it was pretty much the same thing. Iowa is good defensively but their offense will struggle against any halfway decent defense. Next week against Penn State will say a lot about the state of both teams.

Does that mean CBS doesn't matter? You're the one who said no one predicted them. Well some did.

And we already know what UM is. Good d that will get killed by elite o's. Sh offense that can't run vs anyone. Still any top 25 win is a good one.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 5, 2019 at 1:14 PM ]
Does that mean CBS doesn't matter? You're the one who said no one predicted them. Well they did. And yeah everyone knew it was going to be a defensive game.

This. They tend to be the most offbase in everything from college to the pros and their draft coverage is garbage.

What was the Vegas line?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
You guys actually watch Michigan football or just talk about it?

Seriously their OL sucks and Shea is awful.

Lucky win. The D played out of their minds. Props to old man Brown.
This. They tend to be the most offbase in everything from college to the pros and their draft coverage is garbage.

What was the Vegas line?

The line was what 3.5. So basically just saying UM is at home so bet them. If It's neutral UM would still have an edge but it would basically be a pick em.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 5, 2019 at 1:52 PM ]

What was the Vegas line?

The line was what 3.5. So basically just saying UM is at home so bet them. If It's neutral that's a 1 point edge to pick em.

If Iowa won , "Harbaugh can't win a big game "

When UM wins , it's not a big game
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

this.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
I felt that Michigan would've won by 13 points or better. The D was lights out, but then again, Iowa's offense is crap

Gonna be a nightmare - Wolverine D tryna stop Buckeye's offense...if they get no help from the O, the defense will get gassed

Ohio St. offense is like some expensive, organic quality shampoo...Michigan's O is like washing your hair with Zest bar soap #BrokeAF
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Guess big is all perspective.

If Michigan fans are happy being the 2000s Georgia Bulldogs you got the right guy.
Iowa is a big game? Lmao
In college football the big game is beating your top rival, osu in his case, or at least winning your conference. Thats what winning the big game means.

Check my posts in this thread from 3 years ago, i was all on his bandwagon, but its obvious that hes not a great hc, good, not great and he cant win the big one.
Me year 1.

Not his team.

Year 2.

They are young.

Year 3.

They are still learning.

Year 4.

Im out of excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone