Tickets
Super Bowl 54
Buy Gear

There are 226 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I say if he doesnt beat the Buckeyes this season he's done as the UM coach.

Maybe, but gee whiz, he has a close to 70% winning percentage, that should enable him to keep his job. But I say *should* - he's never been good at office politics and unfortunately, I can see the politics developing at U of M now. He'll be at a big disadvantage playing those games, sadly.
His presser after the game...that loss took the Harbaugh out of Harbaugh
Originally posted by Giedi:
Maybe, but gee whiz, he has a close to 70% winning percentage, that should enable him to keep his job. But I say *should* - he's never been good at office politics and unfortunately, I can see the politics developing at U of M now. He'll be at a big disadvantage playing those games, sadly.

In college football that doesn't mean much when you're not beating the teams that you need to beat to advance your program. I'm sure they'll kick the crap out of Rutgers though.

I thought that too but then you at the $. Rodriguez's buyout was 2.5 mil, Hoke's is 3 mil. JH's is 10 mil. Then you got to look at if you're going to upgrade because paying JH 5 mil a season and landing another Hoke is going to be a lot worse.

It will be interesting.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

I thought that too but then you at the $. Rodriguez's buyout was 2.5 mil, Hoke's is 3 mil. JH's is 10 mil. Then you got to look at if you're going to upgrade because paying JH 5 mil a season and landing another Hoke is going to be a lot worse.

It will be interesting.

they wont get rid of him. Other than paying a coach less for probably the same results, not sure what they gain from switching coaches.

But, he is the 3rd highest paid coach in all of college football and he's never beat Ohio State or won a conference championship. And I don't see that happening this year even though Ohio State has a less experienced coach and a first year QB.
Harbs reasonably shouldn't be fired, but it's now realistic

He's lost momentum and hasn't shown that he can build on prior winning seasons to be a top 10 team

I think he gets another year unless things get really ugly
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

He's lost momentum and hasn't shown that he can build on prior winning seasons to be a top 10 team

that's cool. I remember a couple weeks ago you told me I was stupid for thinking Harbaugh was overrated. Good times.

Very well could. They still got Iowa, Penn St, ND, Mich St, OSU and maybe a bowl game. They're likely looking at a 4, 5 loss season.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 23, 2019 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

It will be interesting.

While all of that is absolutely true the flip side is do you want to be Georgia and keep Marc Richt for a decade and a half with nothing to show?

Well, the last 2 games were as close to ugly as it gets when you are a top college team.

They managed to beat Middle Tenn State

Army took them to overtime

Wisconsin won easily and nearly downright embarrassed them.

Now there is Rutgers, Iowa, Illinois, Penn State, Notre Dame, Maryland, Michigan State, Indiana and Ohio State.

I cant see them beating Ohio State or Penn Stste and Notre Dame will be a struggle. And either Iowa or Michigan State could surprise them.

So how bad would it have to get for him to be out?

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
While all of that is absolutely true the flip side is do you want to be Georgia and keep Marc Richt for a decade and a half with nothing to show?

No one said anything about a decade and a half. They may wait a season. You sign a bad deal and that happens.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 23, 2019 at 8:56 AM ]
dudes going to bail for the NFL
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This. I don't think he'll get fired but the Cleveland job might open up as they get tired of their own Tomsula and a team loaded with that much talent right in Harbaugh's Midwestern neck of the woods could prove mighty tempting.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

This. I don't think he'll get fired but the Cleveland job might open up as they get tired of their own Tomsula and a team loaded with that much talent right in Harbaugh's Midwestern neck of the woods could prove mighty tempting.

he's taking that job easily with the talent they have and his bro in the division, but im dying to see his offense with a spread QB and a guy like OBJ when they going 70's football. Theyre running a spread in Michigan now but its beyond horrible, we'll know how the story will go. He'll have the team especially the d be very good then fall apart in the playoffs then as the years go theyll decline and decline. I would love to see that harbaugh and jimmy haslam relationship tho
Nah. I don't see reports of him being unhappy at UM. We all knew JH and our front office weren't clicking. We even offered to trade him. He's going to be there until they can him.
Share 49erswebzone