There are 199 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
People getting savage out there.

He just did evolve his offense this off-season with Gattis.

Well attempted to.
https://sports.yahoo.com/wisconsins-utter-embarrassment-of-michigan-exposes-jim-harbaugh-202230196.html

"Harbaugh's tenure is amid its fifth year as a $7.5 million dollar tease. There are no wins over Ohio State, three straight bowl losses and, still, zero signature victories. Michigan's last three games against Power Five opponents have resulted in combined losses of 138-68, on average losing 46-23 to Ohio State, Florida and Wisconsin."
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by braap49er:
Dude just can't win a big game.

That's been true his whole life. Even as a player. He hasn't changed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Huh.. what do you know, the dunderhead 1970s Schembecler offense doesn't work in 2019

Yeah it's a totally new era, I suppose. As a coach you have to know the passing game better than the run game now.

Too bad. I had high Hope's hes figured out the passing game by now. Wow. Still amazed how his offense got shut down in Wisconsin.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SoCold:
So much for a brand new offense.

Embarrassing.

Terrible. What the heck happened? To be out coached that badly, something has to be wrong with him. Wow.

Total zip on offense. I"m wondering if he's calling the plays or if his OC is calling the plays.

He gave full control of the offense to the new OC. How do you not know this? Lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
He gave full control of the offense to the new OC. How do you not know this? Lol

I read ramblers article, wow. Hes gotten really lazy going to michigan, if the article is true.

The game seems to have really passed him by. That's kinda sad how things have developed for him in Michigan.

When I contrast Jim's offense to Kyle's- Shanahan's offense seems so much more diverse, with lots of answers to basic defensive problems. Not so with Harbaughs. Really sad that hes actually regressed (in a sense) even as he tries to modernise his Shembechler offense.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the first thing i thought of when i saw the post game was how much he looked defeated just like he did in the later stages of the final year here. he had no answers. looked clueless and had zero passion. i love his time here. jed made a error siding with trent,.no offense to kyle but i still consider him. based upon results, the third best coach in the history of our franchise. but i wondered if his brand of coaching just hits the wall after about three years. we saw that here and maybe seeing the same thing there.
[ Edited by cciowa on Sep 22, 2019 at 11:23 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

I'll always remember he had an all pro team up against a lousy Bears team...Levis (brand new) home opener. We lost
Originally posted by LVJay:

I'll always remember he had an all pro team up against a lousy Bears team...Levis (brand new) home opener. We lost

Jimmy ward against Marshall

He was just showcasing trents pick imo
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Jimmy ward against Marshall

He was just showcasing trents pick imo

He must have been showcasing Baalke's players against Wisconsin yesterday.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
the first thing i thought of when i saw the post game was how much he looked defeated just like he did in the later stages of the final year here. he had no answers. looked clueless and had zero passion. i love his time here. jed made a error siding with trent,.no offense to kyle but i still consider him. based upon results, the third best coach in the history of our franchise. but i wondered if his brand of coaching just hits the wall after about three years. we saw that here and maybe seeing the same thing there.

He's not a scheme coach. He gets out schemed a lot against the top coaches, it seems. Motivation gets you only so far. I still remember the three wins, one loss pattern, and that struck me as a motivational problem. Whereas Walsh went 18-1 at one point. I think his biggest weakness is that he's not an X's and O's guy, as compared with somebody like Kyle who knowns his X's and O's backwards and forwards, he can make in game adjustments on the fly. It took about a half for Kyle to figure out Tomlin's defensive scheme (Pittsburg Steelers game) and in the 2nd half, Tomlin's defense couldn't stop Kyle.

I don't see that happening with Harbaugh. Wisconsin was up 28+ points in the 3rd QTR and Harbaugh still wasn't adjusting his offense. Very sad.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cciowa:

He's not a scheme coach. He gets out schemed a lot against the top coaches, it seems. Motivation gets you only so far. I still remember the three wins, one loss pattern, and that struck me as a motivational problem. Whereas Walsh went 18-1 at one point. I think his biggest weakness is that he's not an X's and O's guy, as compared with somebody like Kyle who knowns his X's and O's backwards and forwards, he can make in game adjustments on the fly. It took about a half for Kyle to figure out Tomlin's defensive scheme (Pittsburg Steelers game) and in the 2nd half, Tomlin's defense couldn't stop Kyle.

I don't see that happening with Harbaugh. Wisconsin was up 28+ points in the 3rd QTR and Harbaugh still wasn't adjusting his offense. Very sad.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Just making s**t up. Lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Has he change his damn frikken pants yet?!!
I say if he doesnt beat the Buckeyes this season he's done as the UM coach.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:

Has he change his damn frikken pants yet?!!

No, not that I could tell. As for changing his OC, at least he's trying. I"ll give that to him. Hope the rest of the season turns out better for him, but I'm losing hope. When Harbaugh had David Shaw, man he could do no wrong. Hope he can find another David Shaw, or become one himself.
Share 49erswebzone