LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Only coach in 49ers history to lose a Superbowl. Pete the Cheat had this dude in his back pocket the entire time Harbs was our coach. Harbaugh had no answer for Pete. Seahawks owned us.

I always got heat for saying that while this dude brought back our winning ways, he never got the job done and will be remembered for losing the Superbowl at the end of the day.

We've had 17 coaches in the Super Bowl era and only 2 won a SB. The whole 5-0 stuff is overplayed especially when we haven't won 1 in 25 years.

It's not overplayed with me. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of those wins. That loss though was not enjoyable.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:
He's been at Michigan for 5 years and hasn't done the above that you described and he's still at U of M. So it may take *more* than losing to Ohio State every year to lose his job. As long has he stays above that minimum, he has a good chance at keeping his job, from the way I see it.

Yep and he has yet to win any major games of consequence. The AD is supposedly a huge fan of his but that will only get him so far if his teams continue to flop in big game after big game, especially against key rivals. If he finishes this season out with another 2 to 3 losses, he'll definitely be on the hot seat starting next season.

I've heard that the last two or three years, but nothing has materialized that has threatened his job. He's still at U of M. But I agree with those who say he might be overpayed for the production and results he's achieved. I'm pulling for him. I"m very disappointed in the Wisconsin loss. I expected more from his offense considering he's moving to more of a pass first offense. Darn.
I've heard that the last two or three years, but nothing has materialized that has threatened his job. He's still at U of M. But I agree with those who say he might be overpayed for the production and results he's achieved. I'm pulling for him. I"m very disappointed in the Wisconsin loss. I expected more from his offense considering he's moving to more of a pass first offense. Darn.

No you haven't. He was the golden boy at Michigan with tons of hype, fanfare and goodwill. He was given plenty of time abd leeway to build his program. It wasn't until last year after being blown out by Ohio State that the murmurs really started. In fact he's now gotten blown out by the last 3 Top 15 teams that he's faced. They'll only continue to get louder with every game that he loses against ranked teams. If he gets blown out by Ohio State again, against a rookie HC nonetheless, they'll get pretty deafening.

At some point, if you're being paid like a Top 3 college head coach, you have to start to deliver big wins like a Top 3 college head coach.
It's not overplayed with me. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of those wins. That loss though was not enjoyable.

But those 2-14 seasons in between that's littered our last 25. So much fun.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 25, 2019 at 3:30 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No you haven't. He was the golden boy at Michigan with tons of hype, fanfare and goodwill. He was given plenty of time abd leeway to build his program. It wasn't until last year after being blown out by Ohio State that the murmurs really started. In fact he's now gotten blown out by the last 3 Top 15 teams that he's faced. They'll only continue to get louder with every game that he loses against ranked teams. If he gets blown out by Ohio State again, against a rookie HC nonetheless, they'll get pretty deafening.

At some point, if you're being paid like a Top 3 college head coach, you have to start to deliver big wins like a Top 3 college head coach.

The Gattis hire was a sign the seat was getting warm. You don't ask for a change unless there's something wrong.

Big question is though will UM eat a top 5 contract. Not so sure that will be the case even if he gets blown out this year.
The Gattis hire was a sign the seat was getting warm. You don't ask for a change unless there's something wrong.

Big question is though will UM eat a top 5 contract. Not so sure that will be the case even if he gets blown out this year.

He won't get fired this year, even if Ohio State blows them out again but there would be some sort of come to Jesus meeting where he'd be read the riot act and told that he needs to right the ship immediately.
Harbaugh Track Record:
1-9 versus top-10 teams, 0-7 as an underdog, 0-4 versus Ohio State.

Always had a problem winning the big games.

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

He should be leaving to a new football program soon. Longest his been at one spot is 5 years (Michigan), all others have been 3 years (Stanford/49ers).
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Harbaugh Track Record:

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

He should be leaving to a new football program soon. Longest his been at one spot is 5 years (Michigan), all others have been 3 years (Stanford/49ers).

1-2 in NFC title games.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 25, 2019 at 7:37 PM ]
Jim Gharbaughge.
Harbaugh Track Record:

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

Been saying this forever but apparently I'm just hating. Dude can win when it matters the most.

He was with Stanford and the 49ers 4 years each.
Harbaugh Track Record:

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

1-2 in NFC title games.

whoops 1-2 NFC title games [record]. Typed this while buzzed lol, thanks!

L - NYG / L - SEA / W - ATL

so 1 out of 3 Attempts is what I meant to say.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

yeah I wasn't sure if it was 3-4 years because it stated @ Stanford 07-10 [3] and @ 49ers 11-14 [3] so I went with 3, but I thought it was 4 so backs up my statement more lol..
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Harbaugh Track Record:

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

Been saying this forever but apparently I'm just hating. Dude can win when it matters the most.

I'm assuming you meant can't ?
Harbaugh Track Record:

1-3 in NFCG
0-1 in Superbowl.

1-2 in NFC title games.

whoops 1-2 NFC title games [record]. Typed this while buzzed lol, thanks!

L - NYG / L - SEA / W - ATL

so 1 out of 3 Attempts is what I meant to say.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

yeah I wasn't sure if it was 3-4 years because it stated @ Stanford 07-10 [3] and @ 49ers 11-14 [3] so I went with 3, but I thought it was 4 so backs up my statement more lol..

You know how to count or nah?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Share 49ersWebzone