Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is it time to start considering Vic Fangio was carrying Harbaugh in the pros

My man.

Right lol

Vic coaching in Denver now, will be interesting to see
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Their records were the same over a three year span. Lol. And you defended him.

That's false too though. Hoke had 13 losses in 3 years while JH only had 11. I think you mean 2 and 1/2 seasons before the train went off the tracks for Hoke.

JH seems to be in danger of that right now though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 7, 2019 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Is it time to start considering Vic Fangio was carrying Harbaugh in the pros

My man.

Right lol

Vic coaching in Denver now, will be interesting to see

Personally I was being sarcastic because I know NC likes to hate on JH. That said Vic is an amazing DC
Recruiting rankings are relevant, but not always accurate to talent

Had a ton of guys get drafted in year 2. Lot of talent there.

The cupboard wasnt bare when he took over.
You guys are complaining about a "close win." Nobody will care at all. At the end of the year it will just be a win in the win column.

Harbaugh is great at turning teams around, he raises expectations. But his teams don't meet those raised expectations. Harbaugh is the football equivalent of Buck Showalter.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Recruiting rankings are relevant, but not always accurate to talent

Had a ton of guys get drafted in year 2. Lot of talent there.

The cupboard wasnt bare when he took over.

His teams were good when they had that talent, they just didn't have a QB. OSU always had more talent, and Harbaugh still should have beat them in year 2 if not for Speight completely melting down in the 2nd half (and a questionable spot in OT).

He's had misfortunes like that kid dropping the snap allowing MSU to score the game winner. I love Harbaugh, but there cant be many coaches that have had worse luck than him.

His problem now is he can't get a legit QB to come play up there, and that is on him tbh. He can prop up mediocre guy's with his offense, but it's not built to put up big numbers. It doesn't matter how much of a winning formula he may have, the good QBs are going to go where they can put up numbers.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You guys are complaining about a "close win." Nobody will care at all. At the end of the year it will just be a win in the win column.

Lol it does matter in college football. The voters pay attention to that and take into consideration how you win and lose.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Harbaugh is great at turning teams around, he raises expectations. But his teams don't meet those raised expectations. Harbaugh is the football equivalent of Buck Showalter.

Not a bad analogy

In the NFL a win is a win. In CFB, quality of wins matters too. Struggling to beat a tomato can won't help them any down the road.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Lol it does matter in college football. The voters pay attention to that and take into consideration how you win and lose.

For 1 week they will. This weeks poll. Next week nobody will care. It will just be a win.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

In the NFL a win is a win. In CFB, quality of wins matters too. Struggling to beat a tomato can won't help them any down the road.

Hey! Army is no tomato can under Monken
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Dudes, Harbs blows. He, literally, has not changed. Harbs will not win a title at Michigan.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Dudes, Harbs blows. He, literally, has not changed. Harbs will not win a title at Michigan.

So you have to win a title or else you blow?

I guess you are either 100% or 0%.
Originally posted by fropwns:

The 4 - 12 regime we have now is so much better.
Share 49ersWebzone