The GMs daughter was tweeting fire roman. smdh

I wish Baalke was fired instead.

Top 5 GM
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, Harbaugh's 18 people involved in each playcall system. LOL. I'd be mildly surprised if he ever comes back to the NFL. Why would he when he and his style is built for college ball and when he has total control?

Maybe he'll reach a point where he's ready to come back and redeem his image and join under his terms. There might be a bold FO who will give him total control.

Harbaugh is more Mike Ditka than Bill Walsh, but Mike Ditka did well in the NFL. Having said that, I think having a good GM to support Harbaugh will be critical if he's going back to the NFL. Kyle has a vision of where the 49ers should go and be, and I'm sure Harbaugh does have one for his Michigan team, the key is that you have good people surrounding you and not back stabbing you. Harbaugh, to succeed in the NFL, he just needs good people around him. Bill had John McVay, Seifert had Carmen Policy, Kyle has John Lynch. Harbaugh had nobody to lean on and get support, not the owner not the GM, and he still won anyway. Give this guy a good GM and an owner that appreciates his kind of throwback long ball offense and winning, and he'll do well.

IF he ever comes back, he's coming back as a HC and GM. He needs total control of everything. He'll probably blow up his own heart doing it but he'll die doing what he loves most.
Or he gets a puppet GM like KS got with Lynch.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SoCold:

Top 5 GM

"In the waning moments of that game, as his team dropped to 7-5 and into third place in the NFC West, 49ers owner Jed York tweeted, "This performance wasn't acceptable."
Those four words have echoed throughout the franchise for the past eight days, and were followed by a forehead-slapping outburst from the college-age daughter of 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke, who used her Twitter account to give the team's offensive coordinator — and Harbaugh protege — his unofficial walking papers.
"Greg Roman can take a hike," Cassie Baalke wrote on her since-deleted account. "The 49ers don't want you no more."

"Then again, what is there to say? Harbaugh too has been in no mood to give any deep, introspective answers about his future with the franchise, especially after reports surfaced over the weekend that the 49ers were mulling a trade with Oakland or the New York Jets. There's a snag to that: He reportedly would have to OK such a trade, which would be surprising because it would mean going to a bad team that presumably would have to give up draft picks to get him."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-49ers-harbaugh-farmer-20141205-column.html%3foutputType=amp

I didn't know Jed was straight shopping him around til I saw this article. Wtf Who wouldn't be mad?

I thought it was only Cleveland, regardless it was a shot in the gut, reports show he was shopping him around to the Jets and Oakland as well for draft picks. This is the "shenanigans" that gets me pissed off....

That means while Harbaugh was trying to fix things or figure a way out of that slump, Jed, Baalke and fartsula were conspiring to bring in the next "Steve Kerr"..

That's f**ked up. They should have been helping instead of starting a coup and preparing a red carpet for the next "Steve Kerr".

John Madden broke down how the odds were against him, imagine if we actually helped him during the draft??? Baalke using his daughter to plant the seed, even had children involved in the coup? That's really pathetic, to use you're own kids. Alot of dirtbag moves being made, meanwhile the Super Bowl window closed overnight..

The truth shall eventually reveal itself. I'm happy with Shanny and Lynch right, but I would never forgive the teams owner for this elementary school s**t. Jim Harbaugh can be an a*****e but he just wanted to win.

The truth always reveals itself, just gotta keep you're eyes open..

Wow
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 22, 2018 at 5:29 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by SoCold:

Top 5 GM

"In the waning moments of that game, as his team dropped to 7-5 and into third place in the NFC West, 49ers owner Jed York tweeted, "This performance wasn't acceptable."
Those four words have echoed throughout the franchise for the past eight days, and were followed by a forehead-slapping outburst from the college-age daughter of 49ers General Manager Trent Baalke, who used her Twitter account to give the team's offensive coordinator — and Harbaugh protege — his unofficial walking papers.
"Greg Roman can take a hike," Cassie Baalke wrote on her since-deleted account. "The 49ers don't want you no more."

"Then again, what is there to say? Harbaugh too has been in no mood to give any deep, introspective answers about his future with the franchise, especially after reports surfaced over the weekend that the 49ers were mulling a trade with Oakland or the New York Jets. There's a snag to that: He reportedly would have to OK such a trade, which would be surprising because it would mean going to a bad team that presumably would have to give up draft picks to get him."
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-49ers-harbaugh-farmer-20141205-column.html%3foutputType=amp

I didn't know Jed was straight shopping him around til I saw this article. Wtf Who wouldn't be mad?

I thought it was only Cleveland, regardless it was a shot in the gut, reports show he was shopping him around to the Jets and Oakland as well for draft picks. This is the "shenanigans" that gets me pissed off....

That means while Harbaugh was trying to fix things or figure a way out of that slump, Jed, Baalke and fartsula were conspiring to bring in the next "Steve Kerr"..

That's f**ked up. They should have been helping instead of starting a coup and preparing a red carpet for the next "Steve Kerr".

John Madden broke down how the odds were against him, imagine if we actually helped him during the draft??? Baalke using his daughter to plant the seed, even had children involved in the coup? That's really pathetic, to use you're own kids. Alot of dirtbag moves being made, meanwhile the Super Bowl window closed overnight..

The truth shall eventually reveal itself. I'm happy with Shanny and Lynch right, but I would never forgive the teams owner for this elementary school s**t. Jim Harbaugh can be an a*****e but he just wanted to win.

The truth always reveals itself, just gotta keep you're eyes open..

Wow

He wouldn't have been shopping him around if he wasn't an asshat to everyone else. That stuff goes both ways. It's childish to think that as a HC you think can tell the owner what to do, or disrespect him in public. That was flat out stupid. Harbaugh has his good qualities, but he has his major faults too.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jul 22, 2018 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by mojave45:
He wouldn't have been shopping him around if he wasn't an asshat to everyone else. That stuff goes both ways. It's childish to think that as a HC you think can tell the owner what to do, or disrespect him in public. That was flat out stupid. Harbaugh has his good qualities, but he has his major faults too.

Everyone has flaws, work it out.

Our fearless leader let his ego and friendship with the gm get in the way of wins.

That's selfish an unacceptable. You diffuse the situation not sell the public the next "Steve Kerr" because you don't like the guy?

If you call someone out after a game, erase a person's biography, let his boy draft Acl patients til the roster was no more or you don't fire owners comments. That behavior by an owner is unacceptable, especially this organization.

That's childish. You are the owner, you be the bigger man and diffuse whatever beef they had between the two.

It's easy to call the guy who was blackballed childish even though he can be, but that could have been anyones reaction. No one knows until they are put in that position.

As an owner diffuse it, don't engage or pick sides costing no one but the fans a championship ring.

That's f**king arrogance. Tick Tock this organization needs a ring. Every year that we don't get one, the seat should get hotter for him.

Owners should be fired..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 22, 2018 at 2:28 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Yeah, Harbaugh's 18 people involved in each playcall system. LOL. I'd be mildly surprised if he ever comes back to the NFL. Why would he when he and his style is built for college ball and when he has total control?

Maybe he'll reach a point where he's ready to come back and redeem his image and join under his terms. There might be a bold FO who will give him total control.

Harbaugh is more Mike Ditka than Bill Walsh, but Mike Ditka did well in the NFL. Having said that, I think having a good GM to support Harbaugh will be critical if he's going back to the NFL. Kyle has a vision of where the 49ers should go and be, and I'm sure Harbaugh does have one for his Michigan team, the key is that you have good people surrounding you and not back stabbing you. Harbaugh, to succeed in the NFL, he just needs good people around him. Bill had John McVay, Seifert had Carmen Policy, Kyle has John Lynch. Harbaugh had nobody to lean on and get support, not the owner not the GM, and he still won anyway. Give this guy a good GM and an owner that appreciates his kind of throwback long ball offense and winning, and he'll do well.

IF he ever comes back, he's coming back as a HC and GM. He needs total control of everything. He'll probably blow up his own heart doing it but he'll die doing what he loves most.
Or he gets a puppet GM like KS got with Lynch.

In a word Yes , but in the case of a GM for Harbaugh, I define *puppet* as somebody who is loyal to *you* and supports your vision, and supports what *you* wish and allows *you* to have your say in your vision of the football club. (example: Kyle wanted Williams, and John had to go back to his draft board to get Williams and draft him despite what John thought of Williams)

What I wouldn't want is a *yes* man that doesn't think and doesn't offer alternative suggestions to Harbaugh and isn't helping Harbaugh with his weak spots and blind spots. In other words, a supportive and loyal guy that will defend his boss but at the same time tells his boss he's wrong if he thinks truthfully his boss is making a mistake. If or when Harbaugh is back in the NFL, I think he's built a lot of relationships in the football world to where he could tap into those relationships and find a guy that's not a yes man, but is also supportive and helpful. Tom Drevno, for example would (I think for want of an example) be a good GM for Harbaugh. Personally, though, I think Harbaugh would be better off with a defensive minded GM and Harbaugh drafts his offensive players (Like Kyle and John have right now with the 49ers).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, he was an asshat, but so was Al Davis and Mike Ditka. Again, I agree, but at the same time, it's not a fatal flaw in the right circumstances.

Our fearless leader let his ego and friendship with the gm get in the way of wins.

That's selfish an unacceptable. You diffuse the situation not sell the public the next "Steve Kerr" because you don't like the guy?

If you call someone out after a game, erase a person's biography, let his boy draft Acl patients til the roster was no more or you don't fire owners comments. That behavior by an owner is unacceptable, especially this organization.

That's childish. You are the owner, you be the bigger man and diffuse whatever beef they had between the two.

It's easy to call the guy who was blackballed childish even though he can be, but that could have been anyones reaction. No one knows until they are put in that position.

As an owner diffuse it, don't engage or pick sides costing no one but the fans a championship ring.

That's f**king arrogance. Tick Tock this organization needs a ring. Every year that we don't get one, the seat should get hotter for him.

Owners should be fired..

That's not the way it works. Ever. Only childish morons pick fights they can't win. It doesn't matter if the owner is arrogant, they have the power to be any way they want to be. If Harbaugh had acted like a grown up he wouldn't have pushed it that far. I blame him every bit as much as Jed. It was a purely stupid way for a HC to act.
[ Edited by mojave45 on Jul 23, 2018 at 8:00 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Owners should be fired..

That's not the way it works. Ever. Only childish morons pick fights they can't win. It doesn't matter if the owner is arrogant, they have the power to be any way they want to be. If Harbaugh acted like a grown up he wouldn't have pushed it that far. I blame him every bit as much as Jed. It was a purely stupid way for a HC to act.

It's happened many times in the NFL. Owners/GMs don't see eye to eye with coaches. A few big ones that come to mind.

Paul Brown vs Bill Walsh
Art Model vs Billy B and the Browns
Al Davis vs Jon Gruden

Brown was the HC/GM. Never promoted Bill past QB coach and hid job offers from him in fear he would lose Bill to another team. lol

Art told Billy B he'd be the HC of the new Ravens. Then he was fired. lol

Al traded Gruden to TB then lost to him in the SB. lol
This thread makes me appreciate the Shanahan's so much more.

Owners should be fired..

That's not the way it works. Ever. Only childish morons pick fights they can't win. It doesn't matter if the owner is arrogant, they have the power to be any way they want to be. If Harbaugh acted like a grown up he wouldn't have pushed it that far. I blame him every bit as much as Jed. It was a purely stupid way for a HC to act.

Jed replaced Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio with Tomsula, Jeep and goddamn Mangini. If that is the best Jed coukd come up with, he should have stuck with Harbs.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Owners should be fired..

Jed replaced Harbaugh, Roman and Fangio with Tomsula, Jeep and goddamn Mangini. If that is the best Jed coukd come up with, he should have stuck with Harbs.

Again, he wouldn't have had to if Harbaugh didn't have the personality of an Orc.

No crap, right? Actual stable personalities with high football IQ, and wizards at X's and O's?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

No crap, right? Actual stable personalities with high football IQ, and wizards at X's and O's?

This thread reminds me that winning is everything. Like back in the first couple hundred pages when many wanted JH and his coaching staff extended. Then they lost the SB and people got bitter. Because the 49ers don't lose Super Bowls. lol

Except when you go 49-19, that isn't good enough.

I think Jed learned his lesson. He's letting the football people take care of the football and he isn't chirping on twitter like he was back then.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Owners should be fired..

Again, he wouldn't have had to if Harbaugh didn't have the personality of an Orc.

He didn't have to fire, he chose to and he could have left Harbaugh alone.
He didn't have to hire Tumsula, Jeep and Mangini, he chose those guys.

Thank goodness the blind squirrel found a second nut.
Share 49ersWebzone