LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers vs Warriors

Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by DickWedgie:
Originally posted by titan:
LBJ looked bad today.

Think it had a lot to do with the Dubs throwing Iguodala-body clones in Wiggins and Oubre at him.

Don't think Wiggins is a good defender at all. Oubre is pretty good though.

Fwiw - Lebron and AD have been playing in 2nd gear pretty much in all games this season. But, Warriors did play well when they did try to turn it up and still couldn't really get anything going. Not too worried though. It's mid-January - Lakers are gonna sleep walk thru most games till March.

Don't let Wiggins reputation fool you. If you watch the last few Dubs games his defense has overshadowed his offense. Could be the fact that he now has a defensive minded supporting cast, and the ultimate defensive mentor in Draymond. In addition to often being assigned to defend the best player (did an outstanding job against Kawhi recently), he's also leading the Dubs in blocked shots. Totally different player on the defensive side than in previous years.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
LBJ looked bad today.

Think it had a lot to do with the Dubs throwing Iguodala-body clones in Wiggins and Oubre at him.

Fwiw - Lebron and AD have been playing in 2nd gear pretty much in all games this season. But, Warriors did play well when they did try to turn it up and still couldn't really get anything going. Not too worried though. It's mid-January - Lakers are gonna sleep walk thru most games till March.

Don't let Wiggins reputation fool you. If you watch the last few Dubs games his defense has overshadowed his offense. Could be the fact that he now has a defensive minded supporting cast, and the ultimate defensive mentor in Draymond. In addition to often being assigned to defend the best player (did an outstanding job against Kawhi recently), he's also leading the Dubs in blocked shots. Totally different player on the defensive side than in previous years.

You may be right. I have only watched 3-4 Warriors games this season so I'll take your word for it. Wiggins has flashed potential on defense before too in Minnesota - it's a matter of staying engaged and showing consistency. Being around Draymond should def. help him give a more consistent effort.
LBJ looked bad today.

You may be right. I have only watched 3-4 Warriors games this season so I'll take your word for it. Wiggins has flashed potential on defense before too in Minnesota - it's a matter of staying engaged and showing consistency. Being around Draymond should def. help him give a more consistent effort.

It's still a young season but here's 4+ minutes of Wiggins defensive highlights. https://youtu.be/i2ccTqXXi-E

Looks very dialed in and intent on creating disruption and stops. He may never be able to justify his #1 overall draft pick status on the offensive end, but from what he's shown in this young season, he could be the defensive stopper based on his length, athleticism, and further dedication to the craft.
LBJ looked bad today.

It's still a young season but here's 4+ minutes of Wiggins defensive highlights. https://youtu.be/i2ccTqXXi-E

Looks very dialed in and intent on creating disruption and stops. He may never be able to justify his #1 overall draft pick status on the offensive end, but from what he's shown in this young season, he could be the defensive stopper based on his length, athleticism, and further dedication to the craft.

His problem isn't talent it's always been consistency and effort. Playing with draymond and attention to detail with Kerr should do him really well.
A lot of players missing from tonight's match up. Could be a close one.
Lakers need to take this dramatic flopping act to the soccer field
is Harrell going to be able to play the rest of the year, after that vicious shot to the face ?
Originally posted by Viperboy:
is Harrell going to be able to play the rest of the year, after that vicious shot to the face ?

So he didn't get elbowed in the face?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lol warriors interior defense is trash
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
A lot of players missing from tonight's match up. Could be a close one.

Or not. lol

Originally posted by susweel:
Lol warriors interior defense is trash

That's just the start of it.

Cmon man, my cat has brushed up against me harder
did you see him laughing his ass off on the bench ? Or was he just delirious from the violent blow ?

did you see him laughing his ass off on the bench ? Or was he just delirious from the violent blow ?

He elbowed him on the way down and made contact. Then when he came back up at his face with the same elbow, Montrezl was already flinching back and Wiseman missed with the 2nd try. Don't be a homer. I'm sure you could shake off an elbow to the face from a 7 footer. lol

He elbowed him on the way down and made contact. Then when he came back up at his face with the same elbow, Montrezl was already flinching back and Wiseman missed with the 2nd try. Don't be a homer. I'm sure you could shake off an elbow to the face from a 7 footer. lol

Why was he acting like acting someone was tickling him on bench ? Hmm....yeah I'm bitter we got our ass kicked, but the Lakers are following James's lead and pretending not only to be fouled, but seriously injured.

Why was he acting like acting someone was tickling him on bench ? Hmm....yeah I'm bitter we got our ass kicked, but the Lakers are following James's lead and pretending not only to be fouled, but seriously injured.

But Wiseman did in fact elbow him in the face on the way down. Just not twice with the 2nd try. So what exactly are you arguing? Because Montrezl was laughing on the bench the elbow to the face never happened?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

But Wiseman did in fact elbow him in the face on the way down. Just not twice with the 2nd try. So what exactly are you arguing? Because Montrezl was laughing on the bench the elbow to the face never happened?

Dudes watching replays in slow motion and thinking Montrezl got hit in the slow motion.
LAKERS IN 5!
Share 49ersWebzone