There are 277 users in the forums

Rich Rod fired at Michigan

• JD81
  • Veteran
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/sports/rich-rodriguez-fired-as-michigans-head-football-coach
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • jrg
  • Veteran
*insert Jim Harbaugh here*
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Oh noes!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
This doesn't mean much. Rich Rod was done in Michigan regardless of what Harbaugh decides.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
This doesn't mean much. Rich Rod was done in Michigan regardless of what Harbaugh decides.

Pretty much. I think after giving up 60 points to Illinois the AD said he has to go. the defense is just so dam terrible. Offense got better but still no running back to really compliment Robinson. Good luck to Rich rob but his style and recruiting him just didn't work in the Big 10. I'm a Michigan fan and i think he's a good coach but you just can't trot out 240lbs d lineman and think that's gonna cut it.

gonna be interesting to see who they get. Not really sure it's Harbaugh myself.
Should've never left West Virginia.

He had a perennial top 10 team, a legacy and dynasty all his own, but he left it all just to be the next-guy-in-line at [insert "elite" program here].

And yet this happens all the time, I don't understand it. People talk about how Chris Peterson and Gary Patterson should go to Michigan, Notre Dame, Miami, etc. But why leave when you've already built an elite program from nothing?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:

Pretty much. I think after giving up 60 points to Illinois the AD said he has to go. the defense is just so dam terrible. Offense got better but still no running back to really compliment Robinson. Good luck to Rich rob but his style and recruiting him just didn't work in the Big 10. I'm a Michigan fan and i think he's a good coach but you just can't trot out 240lbs d lineman and think that's gonna cut it.

Exactly. He was done in Mich. As for Harbaugh, if he is smart (and he seems to be) - he will come to NFL. It makes no sense for him to stay at the NCAA level. He can always go back to college if he wants to in 3-4 years. If he doesn't do so hot at Michigan or Stanford, he may not get a job at NFL level (as a HC) or at least won't have as many suitors. Right now, he is in the driving seat and can field offers from 3-4 teams and get a big fat contract.

Coming to Niners make a LOT of sense for him, provided Jed is ready to match any contract he gets. He doesn't have to uproot his family and that can be a huge factor. Also, we have some really good young players - and he can do wonders with Crabtree, Vernon, and our running game. So, we should be an attractive team to most coaches - as far as the players are concerned.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
He deserves this for the way he left West Virginia. I liked him until he s**t on what he had built there.

Exactly. He was done in Mich. As for Harbaugh, if he is smart (and he seems to be) - he will come to NFL. It makes no sense for him to stay at the NCAA level. He can always go back to college if he wants to in 3-4 years. If he doesn't do so hot at Michigan or Stanford, he may not get a job at NFL level (as a HC) or at least won't have as many suitors. Right now, he is in the driving seat and can field offers from 3-4 teams and get a big fat contract.

Coming to Niners make a LOT of sense for him, provided Jed is ready to match any contract he gets. He doesn't have to uproot his family and that can be a huge factor. Also, we have some really good young players - and he can do wonders with Crabtree, Vernon, and our running game. So, we should be an attractive team to most coaches - as far as the players are concerned.

Yea Harbaugh must strike while he's the hot name. Though I think if he stays at Stanford he will still be a hot commodity just not for the niners. By going to Michigan he's basically saying no to the NFL for another 4/5 years.

I think the qb situation and our shaky front office is what might scare off a rookie coach. Gotta remember that if he fails in SF it will be hard for him to get another NFL job aswell.

Great both my teams have no head coach and both want the same guy. sure glad I'm a Wizards fan. Tough year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Yea Harbaugh must strike while he's the hot name. Though I think if he stays at Stanford he will still be a hot commodity just not for the niners. By going to Michigan he's basically saying no to the NFL for another 4/5 years.

I think the qb situation and our shaky front office is what might scare off a rookie coach. Gotta remember that if he fails in SF it will be hard for him to get another NFL job aswell.

Great both my teams have no head coach and both want the same guy. sure glad I'm a Wizards fan. Tough year.

Yea, if he stays at Stanford, then Luck will likely come back and they can go for National Championship. But, anything less than a National Championship will hurt him. Plus, all it takes is a big hit on Luck to have everything go horribly wrong.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Share 49ersWebzone