LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Orange Bowl Thread

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
This is the 5th time I have watched luck this year. I just don't see what everyone else does. I think he's good but he's not manning good.

remember how good peyton was at Tenn. or even his rookie year at Indy.. andrew luck at this point of his collegiate career than p. manning was at his. oh i'm a sec freak if that helps

what?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This is the 5th time I have watched luck this year. I just don't see what everyone else does. I think he's good but he's not manning good.

remember how good peyton was at Tenn. or even his rookie year at Indy.. andrew luck at this point of his collegiate career is better than p. manning was at his. oh i'm a sec freak if that helps

what?

fixed
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

remember how good peyton was at Tenn. or even his rookie year at Indy.. andrew luck at this point of his collegiate career is better than p. manning was at his. oh i'm a sec freak if that helps

what?

fixed

Yeah, after I posted i re-read it and figured thats what you meant
too close for comfort
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
too close for comfort

a safety + a blocked point after
too close for comfort

[insert nail-biting smiley]

Got my Luck jersey on. Tyrod Taylor is making me crazy. And our running game is poo.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by DShanghai69er:
Mind you this is my first time seeing Luck play just to see what all the uproar is about...but, the dude looks less than spectacular. Nice TD throw, but, for the most part, his throws have been behind receivers. And, he locks onto receivers. NFL defenses would eat this guy up. You guys serious about giving away two drafts for this dude???

i think people said the same thing about rodgers after his losing holiday bowl apperance

Mm, like I said...my first time seeing him play. Still, the way people are talking about him being a "once in a decade talent", etc., I was expecting much more poise and accuracy. From this game alone, I'd rather take Taylor. I'm officially on the Kolb bandwagon now. We KNOW Kolb is a gamer. For every Rodgers or Matt Ryans, there's a handful of Alex Smiths, Vince Youngs, Matt Leinarts, Chad Hennes, Matt Staffords (injury prone), etc.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
too close for comfort

Got my Luck jersey on. Tyrod Taylor is making me crazy. And our running game is poo.

112 rushing yards in the first half is poo?
Mind you this is my first time seeing Luck play just to see what all the uproar is about...but, the dude looks less than spectacular. Nice TD throw, but, for the most part, his throws have been behind receivers. And, he locks onto receivers. NFL defenses would eat this guy up. You guys serious about giving away two drafts for this dude???

i think people said the same thing about rodgers after his losing holiday bowl apperance

Mm, like I said...my first time seeing him play. Still, the way people are talking about him being a "once in a decade talent", etc., I was expecting much more poise and accuracy. From this game alone, I'd rather take Taylor. I'm officially on the Kolb bandwagon now. We KNOW Kolb is a gamer. For every Rodgers or Matt Ryans, there's a handful of Alex Smiths, Vince Youngs, Matt Leinarts, Chad Hennes, Matt Staffords (injury prone), etc.

Well said......
too close for comfort

Outside the big run, it really hasn't helped set up the PA or been established.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
too close for comfort

I'd look more at how Luck has only 85 passing yards in the first half
Originally posted by VA9erfan:

Well said......

Rodgers had what.. 3 years to work on his issues? Luck would be expected to start immediately.
too close for comfort

I'd look more at how Luck has only 85 passing yards in the first half

lol yah man, I agree. They don't look very sharp tonight. Luck doesn't look very good especially with the enormous amounts of time his O-Line is giving him.
V-Tech's D is doing a good job in coverage, though. The passes that Luck is hitting have coverage all over them, and he's barely getting those in.
LOL at some people in here who have never seen Luck play trying to judge him after one half of football.
Share 49ersWebzone