There are 195 users in the forums

Report: Ron Santo Dead at 70

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-ron-santo-chicago-cubs-obit,0,1699814.story

For those of us that are Cub fans this is very very sad news...

Res in Peace, my Cub hero

and screw You Veterens Committee
Ron Santo was a stud. I saw this on ESPN this morning.

Sucks
RIP Ron. He was a great player who was probably the best all around 3b in the NL in the 60s. Borderline Hall of Famer who never has really gotten the credit he deserved.

He was hilarious to listen to on the Cubs broadcasts. Horrible announcer but a Cub homer all the way.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
RIP Ron

One of the better 3B's of all time

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
RIP Ron. He was a great player who was probably the best all around 3b in the NL in the 60s. Borderline Hall of Famer who never has really gotten the credit he deserved.

He was hilarious to listen to on the Cubs broadcasts. Horrible announcer but a Cub homer all the way.

I remember suffering/laughing through his entire broadcasts when it was Cardinals/Cubs.
Originally posted by jrg:

I remember suffering/laughing through his entire broadcasts when it was Cardinals/Cubs.

I loved listening to him
RIP Pizza
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Originally posted by jrg:

I loved listening to him

He was a terrible announcer... He sounded like he had no idea what was goin on during the game half the time.

That said RIP Ronnie
Share 49ersWebzone