LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 183 users in the forums

Blake Griffin

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He's great. But the way he plays he won't last long IMO. All that leaping and dumking and playing 150 miles per hour is great. Except it puts an extreme amount of stress on the joints. No wonder he has injuries.

He can pass, see the court, post up (sort of), face up,...he has shown more basketball abilities that last an entire career than most rookies do. Don't know how his play won't last long.

Because he will get injured and break down.

Like Iverson?

I could understand if he were oversized or something but he can be successful if his jumping ability goes away due to his understanding of the game.

Yup. But not as successful.

Tim Duncan has proven almost anyone can.
I actually record Clipper games now. Griffin and D-Rose are taking turns doing freakish things right now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I actually record Clipper games now. Griffin and D-Rose are taking turns doing freakish things right now.

Poor Blake, couldnt hit his free throws tonight and no one else stepped up. Looked like he was about to kill someone.

Originally posted by YungAce:

f**kin youngin don't know s**t. If u don't like rose or grif than stick to cricket
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Poor Blake, couldnt hit his free throws tonight and no one else stepped up. Looked like he was about to kill someone.

Ya, they're hurting without Gordon. But man oh man....Griffin is the most player in the league, and it's not even close. I can't remember the last guy that was like this. Maybe Shaq. He plays like one of those guys that has almost no talent, but is in the league because he's tall and is ALWAYS hustling. (John Brockman, Lou Amundson, etc.)

Except he DOES have talent, and a freakish amount of it. Even his f**kups are entertaining. There was one play last night where he did a spin move too quickly and threw the ball over his head in the general direction of the basket. He's like a puppy on crack.

Ya, they're hurting without Gordon. But man oh man....Griffin is the most player in the league, and it's not even close. I can't remember the last guy that was like this. Maybe Shaq. He plays like one of those guys that has almost no talent, but is in the league because he's tall and is ALWAYS hustling. (John Brockman, Lou Amundson, etc.)

Except he DOES have talent, and a freakish amount of it. Even his f**kups are entertaining. There was one play last night where he did a spin move too quickly and threw the ball over his head in the general direction of the basket. He's like a puppy on crack.

I almost jumped outta my seat during the one sequence where he took one dribble from the dotted line, got airborne, then shoved by Kurt Thomas. Dude is nuts
Originally posted by Jigga:

I almost jumped outta my seat during the one sequence where he took one dribble from the dotted line, got airborne, then shoved by Kurt Thomas. Dude is nuts

Ya. It was just this casual "oh, I'm just gonna take one dribble and try to dunk from just inside the free throw line" play.

That was actually on Boozer, but Griffin had jumped so high that I don't think his face was in the frame.

Ya. It was just this casual "oh, I'm just gonna take one dribble and try to dunk from just inside the free throw line" play.

That was actually on Boozer, but Griffin had jumped so high that I don't think his face was in the frame.

Gotcha. I love watching that dude play.

However, I wonder how long he plays the whole daredevil role out there. That type of game produces hard falls, sprained ankles, and nutshots.

However, I wonder how long he plays the whole daredevil role out there. That type of game produces hard falls, sprained ankles, and nutshots.

Same here. That's part of what makes him so exciting though...no fear or regard for his body whatsoever. I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts, cuz I just can't imagine him playing like this for 10+ years. I really, really hope I'm wrong though.

Same here. That's part of what makes him so exciting though...no fear or regard for his body whatsoever. I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts, cuz I just can't imagine him playing like this for 10+ years. I really, really hope I'm wrong though.

There's been a few guys that played their entire careers with reckless abandon, but none at his size. Dude's a beast and I agree, easily one of my favorite players to watch. I'm debating trying to get tickets for the dunk contest.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

f**kin youngin don't know s**t. If u don't like rose or grif than stick to cricket

calm down. smiley was referring to the second line, it was a joke. those are two of my favorite players

btw, who calls blake griffin grif? lol

calm down. smiley was referring to the second line, it was a joke. those are two of my favorite players

the same guy who calls him blake Gif.in

Originally posted by valrod33:

the same guy who calls him blake Gif.in

uh Cricket is the s**t...I grew up part of the time in South Africa and played all the time...still have my bat
Share 49ersWebzone