LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

toddler dies at Staples Center after LAL-GSW game

LOS ANGELES (AP)—A toddler has died after falling 50 feet from a luxury suite at the Los Angeles Lakers game against the Golden State Warriors in the Staples Center arena.

Police Sgt. Frank Alvelais says early Monday that the boy, believed to be 2 or 3 years old, was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where he died. The boy’s name hasn’t been released.

The boy fell from the third level top tier of the luxury suites several minutes after the Lakers beat the Warriors 117-89 on Sunday night.

Witnesses told the Los Angeles Times the boy was moving his arms, legs and head before paramedics took him out of arena on a stretcher.

link

Where were the parents?

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:16:52 ]
That's horrible. The 3rd tier is pretty high up there. I'm surprised that there isn't better safety precautions to prevent this from happening.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That's horrible. The 3rd tier is pretty high up there. I'm surprised that there isn't better safety precautions to prevent this from happening.

Yeah, I'm curious as to what changes they'll make. I've been in the luxury boxes for an Arena Football game, and there's some glass that acts as a barrier, but I could see how a toddler could get over it.

I guess you could say the same thing about the first row of any upper-level section though. At some point, you can't blame the arena and the parent has to watch their damn kids.

Poor little guy.
parents should get in trouble for this
jesus...

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

This. This should have never happened if they were paying attention.
Absolutely horrible.
My Wife and I who are super protective are probably at our worst in social situations. All Parents need to remind themselves, before entering a social situation, this is when you need to be on top of your game.

Actually I can't think of a good reason to bring a kid that age to a luxury box in the first place
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Don't u think they suffered enough I'm not saying they should get parents of the year award but 2 to 3 yr olds will move a lot and in a crowded place it might be hard to keep track of them
wow, that's f**king sad!!!! poor baby.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Don't u think they suffered enough I'm not saying they should get parents of the year award but 2 to 3 yr olds will move a lot and in a crowded place it might be hard to keep track of them

I have atwo year old as well. I always keep track of where he is and what he does. you just have to especially in a public place. Plus as previously posted, I don't think a luxury suite is an appropriate place for a child this age.

I have atwo year old as well. I always keep track of where he is and what he does. you just have to especially in a public place. Plus as previously posted, I don't think a luxury suite is an appropriate place for a child this age.

i agree that the parents have suffered so much already.

but if there was GROSS negligence, like they were twisted drunk and falling over themselves and passed out while the toddler ran around.......
some of our sporting arenas are pretty dangerous. for example, the bobcats arena in charlotte, is a death trap for anybody that decides to have some drinks. i've seen people there fall down a couple of steps from the top, but luckily hanged on to the railing. i dont really have an answer to how to solve this, besides redoing all the arenas with safety precautions, but that wont happen.

I agree here, right now the parents are at their worst right now. Having lost their baby, they know its their fault....why pursue actions?

I do feel for the parents...that has to be the worst feeling in the world to loose their child.

Poor child
oh my gosh...
Share 49ersWebzone