LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 447 users in the forums

Bud Black and Ron Gardenhire named manager of the year

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Bud Black deserved this more than Bochy. Who honestly had the Padres winning 90 games before the season?
I'm not upset that Bochy didnt win the award. Now if Dusty Fricking Baker had won it I would have been pissed.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Bud Black deserved this more than Bochy. Who honestly had the Padres winning 90 games before the season?

No one at all. He did a great job, that's for damn sure.
Quote:
keithlaw keithlaw
Gardenhire got halfway to the podium to accept his award, then waited for another manager to bunt him over

Originally posted by billbird2111:
We wuz ROBBED!

Bochy kept this team together while chasing a Padres team that seemingly could not lose.

Black lost it when the glass slipper turned back into a pumpkin.

Bochy was far more deserving.

Crap!

at the beginning of the season, virtually every "prediction" in the media and among the fans was that the Padres season would be over in May or June. they were one of the 3 worst teams in baseball in 2009, so nobody figured theyd even be relevant.

they proceeded to lead their division for 9/10 the season and became at one point the best team in baseball record wise. the fact that Bud Black got that much out of a team that was projected to be the Pittsburgh Pirates makes him well deserving.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
We wuz ROBBED!

Bochy kept this team together while chasing a Padres team that seemingly could not lose.

Black lost it when the glass slipper turned back into a pumpkin.

Bochy was far more deserving.

Crap!

at the beginning of the season, virtually every "prediction" in the media and among the fans was that the Padres season would be over in May or June. they were one of the 3 worst teams in baseball in 2009, so nobody figured theyd even be relevant.

they proceeded to lead their division for 9/10 the season and became at one point the best team in baseball record wise. the fact that Bud Black got that much out of a team that was projected to be the Pittsburgh Pirates makes him well deserving.

I'm not making intelligent discussion or anything like that. I'm just being a whiney and obnoxious fan.
as long as it wasn't bobby cox. over rated old f**ker...s**t's his pants like Joe Paterno
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
as long as it wasn't bobby cox. over rated old f**ker...s**t's his pants like Joe Paterno

Originally posted by susweel:
You would think that Bochy deserved it more, dude won the championship with a bunch of no name players.

apparently if you take a team out of nowhere, that nobody thought would win it all, come from behind, make more moves than anyone in the league, and then beat the team they thought would win it...the guy you beat deserves it more for losing to you.

stupid
Share 49ersWebzone