LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Roy Halladay wins Cy Young

• jrg
  • Veteran
NEW YORK -- Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies has unanimously won the NL Cy Young Award, making him the fifth pitcher to earn the honor in both leagues.

Halladay pitched a perfect game in May and then threw a no-hitter in the playoffs. In his first season with the Phillies, he led the NL with 21 wins and topped the majors in innings, shutouts and complete games.

Halladay received all 32 first-place votes in results released Tuesday by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

Adam Wainwright of St. Louis was second and Ubaldo Jimenez of Colorado was third. San Francisco ace Tim Lincecum, who won the past two NL Cy Youngs, finished 11th.

[ Edited by jrg on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:53:58 ]

Seriously, what a terrible thread.

A thread announcing the winner of the Cy Young award would make sense in Other Sports.
A thread announcing the winner of ROY would also make sense. Just because the ROY happened to be a Giant didn't make it a "Giant thread."

Get over it.
Wainwright cost himself the Cy Young this year for not playing for a playoff contender, and instead playing for a team that lost the Central Division to the Reds....yes those Reds.

Quote:

NEW YORK -- Roy Halladay of the Philadelphia Phillies has unanimously won the NL Cy Young Award, making him the fifth pitcher to earn the honor in both leagues.

Halladay pitched a perfect game in May and then threw a no-hitter in the playoffs. In his first season with the Phillies, he led the NL with 21 wins and topped the majors in innings, shutouts and complete games.

Halladay received all 32 first-place votes in results released Tuesday by the Baseball Writers' Association of America.

Adam Wainwright of St. Louis was second and Ubaldo Jimenez of Colorado was third. San Francisco ace Tim Lincecum, who won the past two NL Cy Youngs, finished 11th.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Something other then a Giants thread!
at the thread title.
Thats not fair! James can change the title now! I should have those rights!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Originally posted by jrg:

I did, they didn't pick up.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
at the thread title.

Seriously, had to know something like this was coming so he could make it a "Giants thread." Pretty funny.

Sorry, I didn't think about that. It automatically puts the earlier post as the thread starter.
What BS!

Halladay smokes crack!

Lincecum finishes 11th in the balloting?

This thing wuz rigged. We wuz robbed. TIMMAY deserved more hardware.

Halladay can suck on my left testicle.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Haha, as usual..you guys know I'm just f**king around w/ you guys..how can I even talk s**t when Wainwright lost as well? I'll change it to "Roy Halladay wins Cy Young" soon.

[ Edited by jrg on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:36:35 ]
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Sorry, I didn't think about that. It automatically puts the earlier post as the thread starter.

Its all good man I was just playing anyways.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
at the thread title.
Share 49ersWebzone