LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 138 users in the forums

Official Hot Stove Thread (MLB free agency)

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
1. Dustin Pedroia 2B
2. Carl Crawford LF
3. Kevin Youkilis 3B
4. Adrian Gonzalez 1B
5. David Ortiz DH
6. Jason Varitek C
7. JD Drew RF
8. Marco Scutaro SS
9. Jacoby Ellsbury CF

How I'd imagine their lineup would be...or similar.

Here is their best lineup:
Ellsbury
Pedroia
Crawford
Gonzo
Youkilis
Ortiz
Drew
Varitek/Salty
Scutaro

I like Crawford in front of Pedroia. They are similar hitters in terms of numbers, but Crawford has the speed that you want on base early.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1. Dustin Pedroia 2B
2. Carl Crawford LF
3. Kevin Youkilis 3B
4. Adrian Gonzalez 1B
5. David Ortiz DH
6. Jason Varitek C
7. JD Drew RF
8. Marco Scutaro SS
9. Jacoby Ellsbury CF

How I'd imagine their lineup would be...or similar.

Here is their best lineup:
Ellsbury
Pedroia
Crawford
Gonzo
Youkilis
Ortiz
Drew
Varitek/Salty
Scutaro

I like Crawford in front of Pedroia. They are similar hitters in terms of numbers, but Crawford has the speed that you want on base early.

I could see that. I just believe you should have your best 3 hitters 3-4-5 and I believe Crawford, Gonzo, and Youk are their top guys. Either way they are stacked.
Eh
[ Edited by jdt84_2 on Dec 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
i would say less than 2, atleast starting wise. the lineup will be

P C. Lee evil empiree
C J posada evil empiree
1b m teixiera evil empiree
2b r cano evil empiree
3b A Rod evil empiree
SS D jeter evil empiree
LF C crawford evil empire #2
CF c Granderson evil empiree
RF I suzuki

Posada will not be the AS catcher, it will be Mauer. ALOT better than Posada currently.
Originally posted by j3xperience:

P C. Lee evil empiree
C J posada evil empiree
2b r cano evil empiree
3b A Rod evil empiree
SS D jeter evil empiree
RF I suzuki

Posada will not be the AS catcher, it will be Mauer. ALOT better than Posada currently.

Yep. No chance Posada starts in any All Star game.

C Mauer
1B Gonzalez ( Boston will go crazy for him and vote him in over Tex)
2b Cano
ss Jeter
3b Longoria
LF Crawford
CF Hamilton
RF Ichiro
DH Cabrera

I would say 4 of 8 position players will be Yanks or Sox
Originally posted by j3xperience:

P C. Lee evil empiree
C J posada evil empiree
2b r cano evil empiree
3b A Rod evil empiree
SS D jeter evil empiree
RF I suzuki

i thought the whole evil empiree thing would give away the joke.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
This may be me overreacting...and they're obviously different talent levels...but after seeing this Rashard Lewis contract....I'm kinda....iffy....about Pujols.

Lol..I just don't wanna see another one of my teams locked down by a huge contract.
This may be me overreacting...and they're obviously different talent levels...but after seeing this Rashard Lewis contract....I'm kinda....iffy....about Pujols.

Lol..I just don't wanna see another one of my teams locked down by a huge contract.

Tex for Pujols straight up then!
Orioles got JJ Hardy in a trade for a couple minor league pitchers...

Damn man.

Pujols is a HOF and a STL icon though you know? If ARod can get that kind of deal, why can't Albert?

Well the Angels are f'd
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Well the Angels are f'd

Not yet, still some other options out there.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Well the Angels are f'd

Not yet, still some other options out there.

Other than Cliff Lee are there any other difference makers out there? I think the biggest hope for the Angels right now is that Lee doesnt sign with Texas.

It doesn't matter, Lewis is the 3rd-4th best player on that team at best while Pujols is a franchise player in STL. If you let Albert go then it doesn't matter what type of flexibility you have because he's your franchise anyway. Unless you think with the pitchers the Cards have, that if they let Albert go and they picked up 2 Beltre level free agents(guys making between 10-15 mill per year) that they'd be better. But he's your franchise player, so you better keep him, especially if you don't trade him. Everyone knows they're not going to trade him so...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It doesn't matter, Lewis is the 3rd-4th best player on that team at best while Pujols is a franchise player in STL. If you let Albert go then it doesn't matter what type of flexibility you have because he's your franchise anyway. Unless you think with the pitchers the Cards have, that if they let Albert go and they picked up 2 Beltre level free agents(guys making between 10-15 mill per year) that they'd be better. But he's your franchise player, so you better keep him, especially if you don't trade him. Everyone knows they're not going to trade him so...

Cosigned

Resign him to the contract he deserves. He may decline by the 5th year, but for a guy averaging over 40 HRs, over 80 RBIs, killer on base percentage, and has helped you get not only a WS title but makes you the favorite every season to take your division, I think he deserves that contract. Also, his declining might be 30HRs and 90RBIs, which is still all-star material.

Also, with Carpenter, Wainwright, and now Garcia, with Pujols locked up for a decade you'll get more ppl to sign up for less for the chance at a championship...though you'll have to actually handle the awesomeness that is the Giants bullpen, lol j/k
[ Edited by Crazy49er1313 on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone