There are 217 users in the forums

SF Giants Championship Parade thread

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
two questions

1) really, how early should we get there, girlfriend and I are thinking about just hitting up Civic Center since they're gonna land there and the whole "giving the keys to the city" thing is gonna happen and it's gonna be popping, which leads me to my 2nd question ...

2) you guys think there's gonna be a jumbotron at CC showing the whole parade? that'd be AWESOME!

I'm trying to decide on where I should be, too. Seeing them parade down market would be awesome, but I also think it'd be cool to see the CC event, too. As far as how early, I'm thinking about BARTing in around 7.

Originally posted by PoloGrounds:
I live wher the S.F. Giants originated. And this victory is felt all the way from the Polo Grounds Towers here in Manhattan, N.Y. I treasur the history U left behind. Thanx for 1954 & THANK U FOR 2010. I wish that I kud make it ther 4/the Victory Parade. I had fun @the NY Yankees' Parade last year. SO U'LL ENJOY YORZ EVEN BETTER! GO GIANTS! (my 2nd fav team) :)

Thanks, PG.

Sorry you guys lost them all those years ago, but, rest assured, they have a wonderful home in a city that, win or lose, has absolutely loved them all these years. It's a sweet, sweet day.

two questions

1) really, how early should we get there, girlfriend and I are thinking about just hitting up Civic Center since they're gonna land there and the whole "giving the keys to the city" thing is gonna happen and it's gonna be popping, which leads me to my 2nd question ...

2) you guys think there's gonna be a jumbotron at CC showing the whole parade? that'd be AWESOME!

I'm trying to decide on where I should be, too. Seeing them parade down market would be awesome, but I also think it'd be cool to see the CC event, too. As far as how early, I'm thinking about BARTing in around 7.

Nice, keep us posted!
[ Edited by cubanb on Nov 2, 2010 at 10:34 AM ]
I will be there in spirit. Literally, I think my body is just going to be a mute empty shell tomorrow at my desk. Maybe I should put a sign on my desk. Giants Won the World Series, I am at the Parade.
two questions

It's gonna be crazy, bro. People have been waiting their whole lives for this. Literally. I don't want to be one of those people that couldn't get onto BART and is stuck on a platform in the east bay.
I have a feeling I am going to be able to see more just picking a point in the middle of Market. I can't imagine how many people will be at CC.
I asked for the day off and it looks like I am going to get it so I will be there. I will either ferry it or BART. I am sure BART is much cheaper, huh? Do you guys know if parking in Vallejo and taking the ferry is a good idea?

Still, I believe we should be closer to the civic center than Montgomery as we probably would want to see them in front of city hall.

Hey Stoney, I will PM you my # so we can hook up once I am there. I am thinking about makin' treats tonight.

Hmmmm...

Can't wait man! It's been what? 52 years since being in SF and since 67 when I was born at General Hospital in the Mission?

It's time to party! Seriously feels like 81!!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
I asked for the day off and it looks like I am going to get it so I will be there. I will either ferry it or BART. I am sure BART is much cheaper, huh? Do you guys know if parking in Vallejo and taking the ferry is a good idea?

Still, I believe we should be closer to the civic center than Montgomery as we probably would want to see them in front of city hall.

Hey Stoney, I will PM you my # so we can hook up once I am there. I am thinking about makin' treats tonight.

Hmmmm...

Can't wait man! It's been what? 52 years since being in SF and since 67 when I was born at General Hospital in the Mission?

Yeah, PM me that #.
i wanna be in sf

Originally posted by ninertico:

Hmmmm...

Yeah, PM me that #.

Man, I love my boss! She's so awesome! I got the day off so all is set and I PMd you the info.

It will be a day to remember!

I remember how sad I was that I couldn't go to the 81' parade for our 49ers.

This soooooooo makes up for that!!!
I'm thinking about driving from Fresno.. how early do you guys think it'll be packed by? I'm sure ill have to leave at the butt crack of dawn
Been looking at hotels for tonight around the parade area. Thinking that might be easier than trying to drive in tomorrow. We'll see, I want to make this happen. If my buddy gets off work, I think it's a go.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Been looking at hotels for tonight around the parade area. Thinking that might be easier than trying to drive in tomorrow. We'll see, I want to make this happen. If my buddy gets off work, I think it's a go.

Use priceline, i got a hotel in union square for $75+fees at a total of $94
Originally posted by cubanb:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Use priceline, i got a hotel in union square for $75+fees at a total of $94

That's a good deal.
Share 49ersWebzone