I'm in the Mid West so I will watch half the series
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
I'm in the Mid West so I will watch half the series

which half
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
A) Who cares?

2) He's right, and you shouldn't care.

Whenever sports-talk guys say the ratings will be low, people tend to take it as an insult to their fan base. "How dare you! We got tons of fans!" You don't, though, compared to Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Stop whining and just watch the games. Who cares how many people are watching with you.

My testicles care.

I axed 'em, they don't.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What he said is correct. It's a terrible world series for the ratings. I frankly see nothing wrong with what he said. And further what he said is 100% true.

Bulls**t dude. How about if the Mets and the Yankees played, would that be terrible for the ratings since it cuts out 90% of the country? No they'd be jizzing their pants over a New York world series. Or if the Phillies and Yankees played like last year, nobody west of Philly knows those teams? That's a bunch of crap. Or if the Dodgers were playing the Rangers they'd be jizzing their pants because it's LA. People who watch baseball know who the giants are and they know who guys like Lincecum are. They know who Cliff Lee is and they know Josh Hamilton. This is a bunch of crap spewed from the mouth of an east coast homer.

The Yankees in the World Series is the best case scenario every single year for ratings. People all around the country either love them or love to hate them. But both groups watch them if they reach the series.. With the current 2 in the series the analysts are right. A lot of people will not watch.

Then they're missing out on seeing some great baseball players. The yankees have to earn it to get to the world series, if not too bad. Blame them for s**tty ratings, not the Giants or Rangers. Besides, CA and Texas are 2 big media markets. If the east coast doesn't want to watch, too bad for them.

Ratings will be down for sure. Bay Area will enjoy it for a while until the Rangers get a hold of them. IMO the Rangers are the superior team this year.

who else were superior teams to the giants?

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
What he said is correct. It's a terrible world series for the ratings. I frankly see nothing wrong with what he said. And further what he said is 100% true.

Bulls**t dude. How about if the Mets and the Yankees played, would that be terrible for the ratings since it cuts out 90% of the country? No they'd be jizzing their pants over a New York world series. Or if the Phillies and Yankees played like last year, nobody west of Philly knows those teams? That's a bunch of crap. Or if the Dodgers were playing the Rangers they'd be jizzing their pants because it's LA. People who watch baseball know who the giants are and they know who guys like Lincecum are. They know who Cliff Lee is and they know Josh Hamilton. This is a bunch of crap spewed from the mouth of an east coast homer.

The Yankees in the World Series is the best case scenario every single year for ratings. People all around the country either love them or love to hate them. But both groups watch them if they reach the series.. With the current 2 in the series the analysts are right. A lot of people will not watch.

Then they're missing out on seeing some great baseball players. The yankees have to earn it to get to the world series, if not too bad. Blame them for s**tty ratings, not the Giants or Rangers. Besides, CA and Texas are 2 big media markets. If the east coast doesn't want to watch, too bad for them.

Ratings will be down for sure. Bay Area will enjoy it for a while until the Rangers get a hold of them. IMO the Rangers are the superior team this year.

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

Braves were missing Chipper Jones and Martin Prado which means no Brooks Conrad which means the series would have been different
Originally posted by valrod33:

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

Braves were missing Chipper Jones and Martin Prado which means no Brooks Conrad which means the series would have been different

Yeah, and if the Giants players were all zombies, it would have been different, man.

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

Yeah, and if the Giants players were all zombies, it would have been different, man.

whatever dude, that was a huge factor in the series. Brooks cost us a couple of games. That doesnt neccessarily mean the Braves would have won but it would have went 5 games.

Both teams had excellent pitching, it would have been a toss up in game 5

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

whatever dude, that was a huge factor in the series. Brooks cost us a couple of games. That doesnt neccessarily mean the Braves would have won but it would have went 5 games.

Shouldn't have had wusses on your team.

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

if you wanna fight lets take this outside

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

I'm undecided. Meet me in the doorway.

Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
I usually laugh at this guy's east coast bias/stupidity, but he's gone too damn far this time.

When asked by Wilbon today if this World Series is "a great match-up for baseball", ol' Korny replies "not if they want ratings". Don't worry, this talking pile of pig sh*t goes on to elaborate. He goes on to say this match-up "cuts out 2/3 of the country east of the Mississippi. They don't know the Giants, they don't know the Rangers.....if you cut out 2/3 of the country; because these are western teams

That's pretty accurate i live in DC and nobody cares about either team east of the Mississippi. You gotta realize by the time a giants baseball games comes on here it's usually 10pm we never see them play. The games should be good but ratings will be crappy b/c the most populated part of the country could really careless. That isn't a bias it's just the facts. It would be bias if he said the games will stink b/c west coast teams aren't good. He's just stating that nobody really cares. Just like if the Wizards got the the NBA championship against the Rockets folks in La would careless.

I don't buy into the whole "your games come too late" argument. I can say their games come way too early for us, but of course we're shoved nonstop coverage about those teams through the media. This natural bias stems into other sports too like football where time plays no factor. Unless it's an LA team, east coasters don't give a s**t. I wish it was just apparent to them we don't give a s**t about 95% of their teams either.

It's a factor. I can't ever get a relationship and get to know the players on the giants if I never see them play. With kids and running around when 10pm comes I'm not turning in to worry about a baseball game. Why do you think MLB moved the times of there playoff games up? It was b/c the most populated area in the country isn't up at 12 am watching baseball. I can barely make it up for Lakers games b/c they come on so late. But the Lakers get coverage b/c they are the most famous and popular basketball team in the world and they are good and they are winners. Just like USC was getting coverage b/c they were winning. Now that they aren't Oregon is getting that coverage. We give a s**t about good teams. Niners, Chargers, Raiders, Warriors, Clippers, UCLA, CAL over the last decade have either stunk or under achieved almost every year(i have no clue about hockey). And you think they gonna get national coverage? When UCLA and Arizona had great basketball programs they got a lot of coverage like every other college team. Now that both programs have fallen off, so has there coverage. Name me an east coast team that is constantly covered in the national media and they aren't any good? If there is one it's b/c they are a disaster or have a controversy going on. Minnesota and Dallas get the majority of NFL coverage and they aren't on the east coast. Lakers are the most covered basketball team they aren't on the east coast. Of course the Yanks and Red Sox dominate baseball but they have both been great teams for the last decade. Nobody talks about the Wizards, Knicks, Nets, Panthers, and Nationals b/c they are terrible. Thus nobody cares. There isn't even a good college football team on the east coast. Are you telling me they forcing UCONN football down your throat? I'm sure there is some bias involved coming from certain people and certain networks pertaining to a certain situations. But what was said is true it isn't a bias we just don't care about either team. What you might see as east coast bias these directors and producers of tv shows are seeing money, ratings and advertising. I'm sure it isn't fair but you have to say that there aren't a lot of great west coast sports teams right now that garner the national attention. Trust nobody is setting around saying oh they on the west coast ok we not gonna watch them b/c of that. Good sports entertainment is good sports entertainment no matter where it is.
Sorry, dobo, did it get to "grown up" for you? Life isn't all rainbows and sausages, ya know!
Originally posted by dobo:

The philies
braves
padres
Rockies
dodgers
cardinals

where are they?

• Dino
  • Veteran

lol
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
I usually laugh at this guy's east coast bias/stupidity, but he's gone too damn far this time.

When asked by Wilbon today if this World Series is "a great match-up for baseball", ol' Korny replies "not if they want ratings". Don't worry, this talking pile of pig sh*t goes on to elaborate. He goes on to say this match-up "cuts out 2/3 of the country east of the Mississippi. They don't know the Giants, they don't know the Rangers.....if you cut out 2/3 of the country; because these are western teams

Im confused.
What part of what he said is incorrect?
Share 49ersWebzone