There are 306 users in the forums

Kornshizer: local loudmouth/voice of the east coast/just an ESPN suit monkey

Kornshizer: local loudmouth/voice of the east coast/just an ESPN suit monkey

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I don't care if the ratings are down. I will watch and enjoy my team being in the World Series. People who don't wanna watch? That's fine, but you're gonna miss a great series with lots of great players.
the truth hurts
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
What he said is correct. It's a terrible world series for the ratings. I frankly see nothing wrong with what he said. And further what he said is 100% true.

Bulls**t dude. How about if the Mets and the Yankees played, would that be terrible for the ratings since it cuts out 90% of the country? No they'd be jizzing their pants over a New York world series. Or if the Phillies and Yankees played like last year, nobody west of Philly knows those teams? That's a bunch of crap. Or if the Dodgers were playing the Rangers they'd be jizzing their pants because it's LA. People who watch baseball know who the giants are and they know who guys like Lincecum are. They know who Cliff Lee is and they know Josh Hamilton. This is a bunch of crap spewed from the mouth of an east coast homer.

The Yankees in the World Series is the best case scenario every single year for ratings. People all around the country either love them or love to hate them. But both groups watch them if they reach the series.. With the current 2 in the series the analysts are right. A lot of people will not watch.

Then they're missing out on seeing some great baseball players. The yankees have to earn it to get to the world series, if not too bad. Blame them for s**tty ratings, not the Giants or Rangers. Besides, CA and Texas are 2 big media markets. If the east coast doesn't want to watch, too bad for them.

Ratings will be down for sure. Bay Area will enjoy it for a while until the Rangers get a hold of them. IMO the Rangers are the superior team this year.

Says the biased SoCal fan.

Rangers are capable of scoring 10+ a game. I don't know how you stop that?

With the same pitching staff that beat LA and SD
I wont be watching this world series, mainly because basketball is starting. Ill switch over to see what the score is but i wont watch

If the Phillies and Yankees were playing i would watch the world series and i hate both of those teams.
to me, this series is a breath of fresh air. I'm tired of seeing the same teams in the World Series. I don't care who wins as I'm an Angels fan, but I will make an effort to watch. Well, I guess I want the Giants to win a little more. 2002. You guys need one.
homer ass sandiego fan...
Originally posted by valrod33:
I wont be watching this world series, mainly because basketball is starting. Ill switch over to see what the score is but i wont watch

If the Phillies and Yankees were playing i would watch the world series and i hate both of those teams.

lost a lot of respect for you with this
Originally posted by dobo:

As a karate expert, I find your reasoning troubling to say the least.

I like to see Derek Jeter lose especially in the World Series. I hate the Phillies but i would root for the over the Yankees.

Giants and the Rangers do nothing for me, its a great story for whatever team wins but that story bores me
Giants and the Rangers do nothing for me, its a great story for whatever team wins but that story bores me

Because you're a Braves fan.

Originally posted by redrathman:

Because you're a Braves fan.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Originally posted by pantstickle:
A) Who cares?

2) He's right, and you shouldn't care.

Whenever sports-talk guys say the ratings will be low, people tend to take it as an insult to their fan base. "How dare you! We got tons of fans!" You don't, though, compared to Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Stop whining and just watch the games. Who cares how many people are watching with you.

My testicles care.

As a karate expert, I find your reasoning troubling to say the least.

I like to see Derek Jeter lose especially in the World Series. I hate the Phillies but i would root for the over the Yankees.

What about Giants/Yankees? That's what I wanted to see.

that would have been a good one
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
I usually laugh at this guy's east coast bias/stupidity, but he's gone too damn far this time.

When asked by Wilbon today if this World Series is "a great match-up for baseball", ol' Korny replies "not if they want ratings". Don't worry, this talking pile of pig sh*t goes on to elaborate. He goes on to say this match-up "cuts out 2/3 of the country east of the Mississippi. They don't know the Giants, they don't know the Rangers.....if you cut out 2/3 of the country; because these are western teams

That's pretty accurate i live in DC and nobody cares about either team east of the Mississippi. You gotta realize by the time a giants baseball games comes on here it's usually 10pm we never see them play. The games should be good but ratings will be crappy b/c the most populated part of the country could really careless. That isn't a bias it's just the facts. It would be bias if he said the games will stink b/c west coast teams aren't good. He's just stating that nobody really cares. Just like if the Wizards got the the NBA championship against the Rockets folks in La would careless.
I honestly don't give a f**k about what the East Coast thinks

as a Giants fan this is a dream come true, I'm not gonna let some salty ass east coast fans ruin that for me.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NatralBrnThrila:
I usually laugh at this guy's east coast bias/stupidity, but he's gone too damn far this time.

When asked by Wilbon today if this World Series is "a great match-up for baseball", ol' Korny replies "not if they want ratings". Don't worry, this talking pile of pig sh*t goes on to elaborate. He goes on to say this match-up "cuts out 2/3 of the country east of the Mississippi. They don't know the Giants, they don't know the Rangers.....if you cut out 2/3 of the country; because these are western teams

That's pretty accurate i live in DC and nobody cares about either team east of the Mississippi. You gotta realize by the time a giants baseball games comes on here it's usually 10pm we never see them play. The games should be good but ratings will be crappy b/c the most populated part of the country could really careless. That isn't a bias it's just the facts. It would be bias if he said the games will stink b/c west coast teams aren't good. He's just stating that nobody really cares. Just like if the Wizards got the the NBA championship against the Rockets folks in La would careless.

I don't buy into the whole "your games come too late" argument. I can say their games come way too early for us, but of course we're shoved nonstop coverage about those teams through the media. This natural bias stems into other sports too like football where time plays no factor. Unless it's an LA team, east coasters don't give a s**t. I wish it was just apparent to them we don't give a s**t about 95% of their teams either.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone