LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Kornshizer: local loudmouth/voice of the east coast/just an ESPN suit monkey

Kornshizer: local loudmouth/voice of the east coast/just an ESPN suit monkey

I usually laugh at this guy's east coast bias/stupidity, but he's gone too damn far this time.

When asked by Wilbon today if this World Series is "a great match-up for baseball", ol' Korny replies "not if they want ratings". Don't worry, this talking pile of pig sh*t goes on to elaborate. He goes on to say this match-up "cuts out 2/3 of the country east of the Mississippi. They don't know the Giants, they don't know the Rangers.....if you cut out 2/3 of the country; because these are western teams
i like tony, he's funny. a lot of things he says is just for fun, i think you're taking him too seriously.

[ Edited by WestCoast on Oct 25, 2010 at 17:23:23 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
i like tony, he's funny. a lot of things he says is just for fun, i think you're taking him too seriously.
WhoTF cares what this D-bag says?
What he said is correct. It's a terrible world series for the ratings. I frankly see nothing wrong with what he said. And further what he said is 100% true.

I hated Wilbon's earlier remarks about the phillies' pitching being way better than the Giants' versus anything kornhole said.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What he said is correct. It's a terrible world series for the ratings. I frankly see nothing wrong with what he said. And further what he said is 100% true.

Bulls**t dude. How about if the Mets and the Yankees played, would that be terrible for the ratings since it cuts out 90% of the country? No they'd be jizzing their pants over a New York world series. Or if the Phillies and Yankees played like last year, nobody west of Philly knows those teams? That's a bunch of crap. Or if the Dodgers were playing the Rangers they'd be jizzing their pants because it's LA. People who watch baseball know who the giants are and they know who guys like Lincecum are. They know who Cliff Lee is and they know Josh Hamilton. This is a bunch of crap spewed from the mouth of an east coast homer.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Bulls**t dude. How about if the Mets and the Yankees played, would that be terrible for the ratings since it cuts out 90% of the country? No they'd be jizzing their pants over a New York world series. Or if the Phillies and Yankees played like last year, nobody west of Philly knows those teams? That's a bunch of crap. Or if the Dodgers were playing the Rangers they'd be jizzing their pants because it's LA. People who watch baseball know who the giants are and they know who guys like Lincecum are. They know who Cliff Lee is and they know Josh Hamilton. This is a bunch of crap spewed from the mouth of an east coast homer.

The Yankees in the World Series is the best case scenario every single year for ratings. People all around the country either love them or love to hate them. But both groups watch them if they reach the series.. With the current 2 in the series the analysts are right. A lot of people will not watch.

The Yankees in the World Series is the best case scenario every single year for ratings. People all around the country either love them or love to hate them. But both groups watch them if they reach the series.. With the current 2 in the series the analysts are right. A lot of people will not watch.

Then they're missing out on seeing some great baseball players. The yankees have to earn it to get to the world series, if not too bad. Blame them for s**tty ratings, not the Giants or Rangers. Besides, CA and Texas are 2 big media markets. If the east coast doesn't want to watch, too bad for them.

Then they're missing out on seeing some great baseball players. The yankees have to earn it to get to the world series, if not too bad. Blame them for s**tty ratings, not the Giants or Rangers. Besides, CA and Texas are 2 big media markets. If the east coast doesn't want to watch, too bad for them.

Ratings will be down for sure. Bay Area will enjoy it for a while until the Rangers get a hold of them. IMO the Rangers are the superior team this year.

Ratings will be down for sure. Bay Area will enjoy it for a while until the Rangers get a hold of them. IMO the Rangers are the superior team this year.

Says the biased SoCal fan.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Rangers are capable of scoring 10+ a game. I don't know how you stop that?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Rangers are capable of scoring 10+ a game. I don't know how you stop that?

With the best pitching staff is baseball.
ratings above 15 for World Series in last 10 years:

2004 Boston v. NY

2001 Arizona v. NY

1999 Atlanta v. NY

Really, if it isn't the NFL, its not going to dominate TV ratings.

Edit: I think ratings will be surprisingly better then expectations (12ish). CA and TX are the most populated states...
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 26, 2010 at 2:31 AM ]
A) Who cares?

2) He's right, and you shouldn't care.

Whenever sports-talk guys say the ratings will be low, people tend to take it as an insult to their fan base. "How dare you! We got tons of fans!" You don't, though, compared to Yankees, Red Sox, etc. Stop whining and just watch the games. Who cares how many people are watching with you.
Share 49ersWebzone