There are 157 users in the forums

2010 NLCS: Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants (GIANTS WIN THE NLCS!)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
im a yankee fan so i hope SF wins cause they would be easier to beat in the world series

WTF? The Yankees?

If SF wins the NLCS, the Yanks might as well give up.

lol, yeah right

the Phillies are tougher than the Yankers.....plus NL has homefield.

The Yanks gotta get past Texas first.....and the Rangers aren't exactly pushovers.

Cliff Lee will make them his little b***h before going to Yankees in the winter. That's how they will cough up huge money for him, he knows it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Rangers will pay to keep Cliff Lee, I'm sure of it.

They signed a new tv contract which is very profitable, they have new ownership, lots of money to throw 20 mil per year at Cliff Lee.

[ Edited by crzy on Oct 15, 2010 at 17:18:29 ]
Phils in 4
Originally posted by PTulini:
Halladay vs. Lincecum is One for the Ages

Quote:
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Posted: 5:00 p.m.

By John R. Finger
CSNPhilly.com

Only a few other matchups between highly decorated pitchers have occurred in the playoffs, none more than the 2001 NLCS duel between Randy Johnson and Greg Maddux where the starters combined for nine Cy Young Awards. Johnson and the Diamondbacks won 2-0.

God Damn
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Giants in 4

fixed.
Phils in 4

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
im a yankee fan so i hope SF wins cause they would be easier to beat in the world series

dont you think if we beat the phillies who are better than the damn yanks that we can beat them as well in the ws??? its not a given that the yanks will beat the rangers anyways

yanks should handle the rangers in 6. and giants don't have the bats to beat the yanks

You don't have the pitching to match Giants.

In playoffs - Pitching >>> Hitting

SF hasn't seen a line up like the yanks, they won't be able to keep up with them
Originally posted by crzy:

They signed a new tv contract which is very profitable, they have new ownership, lots of money to throw 20 mil per year at Cliff Lee.

I wouldnt be so sure of that. If the Yankees really want Lee they will overpay for him like they did CC and blow everyone out of the water. The Yanks know they only have 2 dependable pitchers for next season. Burnett is a headcase and Andy P will be a year older and could hang them up.

I would bet on Cliff Lee being a Yankee next season.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:

I wouldnt be so sure of that. If the Yankees really want Lee they will overpay for him like they did CC and blow everyone out of the water. The Yanks know they only have 2 dependable pitchers for next season. Burnett is a headcase and Andy P will be a year older and could hang them up.

I would bet on Cliff Lee being a Yankee next season.

if only we could give Lee Barry Zitos contract. like a swap
As an impartial observer

GO Giants..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for game 1

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Phils in 4

Damn, must be smokin' the good s**t from Baltimore.
Phils in 4

Damn, must be smokin' the good s**t from Baltimore.

I like his name Unknowledge.

dont you think if we beat the phillies who are better than the damn yanks that we can beat them as well in the ws??? its not a given that the yanks will beat the rangers anyways

yanks should handle the rangers in 6. and giants don't have the bats to beat the yanks

SF hasn't seen a line up like the yanks, they won't be able to keep up with them

Dunno Watchutalkinbout. Where's Waldo when you need him?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Dunno Watchutalkinbout. Where's Waldo when you need him?

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Yanks haven't seen SPs like ours. Did you see what the SP of Texas did tonight. If it wasn't for 2 stupid walks in the 8th and the bullpen breaking down - you'd be down 1-0 after having scored 2 runs.

Pitching >>> Hitting
Share 49ersWebzone