There are 180 users in the forums

***2021 NHL Season Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
My Rangers off to a great start, 4-1-1, 4 straight wins on the road, but Georgiev needs to improve, we got lucky with the Senators goalie getting hurt, impressed by the new Rangers, Reaves, Blais, Nemeth, Goodrow, also love the new intensity of the team, also happy for Mika, 8yr deal worth $8.5M a yr, now gotta get Adam Fox extended, likely in the $10M a yr range, won the trophy for best Defensemen in the league in 2020-2021. Sucks about Vitali Kravtsov issue, I get wanting to send him down to get more time, I think he should have just went to AHL, but I get his frustration, was supposed to be a top 6 Forward, now he wants out, just like Lias Andersson all over again, hope we can get a 2nd rd pick like we did with Lias or more.

Oh damn, I had no idea Ryan Reaves went to NYR. He is the guy that you can't stand if you're facing him, but will LOVE him when he is on your team.

Hope Sammy Blais does well up there. Buchnevich already got suspended 2 games for headbutting a dude.

Originally posted by jrg:
My Rangers off to a great start, 4-1-1, 4 straight wins on the road, but Georgiev needs to improve, we got lucky with the Senators goalie getting hurt, impressed by the new Rangers, Reaves, Blais, Nemeth, Goodrow, also love the new intensity of the team, also happy for Mika, 8yr deal worth $8.5M a yr, now gotta get Adam Fox extended, likely in the $10M a yr range, won the trophy for best Defensemen in the league in 2020-2021. Sucks about Vitali Kravtsov issue, I get wanting to send him down to get more time, I think he should have just went to AHL, but I get his frustration, was supposed to be a top 6 Forward, now he wants out, just like Lias Andersson all over again, hope we can get a 2nd rd pick like we did with Lias or more.

Oh damn, I had no idea Ryan Reaves went to NYR. He is the guy that you can't stand if you're facing him, but will LOVE him when he is on your team.

Hope Sammy Blais does well up there. Buchnevich already got suspended 2 games for headbutting a dude.

Blais has been impressive so far, a lot of Rangers fans online are very surprised and happy by how well he's been, fact is they couldn't keep both Mika & Buch, plus Fox, along with having Trouba, Kreider, & Panarin making good money with all having NTC's, so getting Blais and a 2nd seemed low, but he looks good right now, I'm happy, but I miss Buch. Yeah Reaves is a guy you hate if he plays against you, but love if he's plays for your team, kinda like Tom Wilson, though he's a pure punk, the fact he didn't get suspended for what he did last yr to Buch & Panarin was ridiculous.
Wow, Quenneville resigned as the coach of the Panthers in wake of the Blackhawks scandal.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Wow, Quenneville resigned as the coach of the Panthers in wake of the Blackhawks scandal.

Probably should take action when your player is sexually assaulted by staff…yikes.

reminds me of PennState a bit, authority just puts head in sand
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Probably should take action when your player is sexually assaulted by staff…yikes.

reminds me of PennState a bit, authority just puts head in sand

It's amazing how people can do that despite something happening that is extremely heinous.
It's amazing how people can do that despite something happening that is extremely heinous.

Not defending them, but I also think keyboard Warriors are being way to revisionist. It seems doing nothing is a social/cultural problem bigger than 1 sport

Turning a blind eye is so common, it seems to me most people would do the same

they probably thought a 6'3 205lbs hockey player that'd been in dozens of fights easily could say no. You don't run into too many of these scenarios where the victim could easily overpower and beat the s**t out of the predator
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 29, 2021 at 6:00 AM ]
Jfc
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Jfc

On my post?

to clarify my point is understanding consent/assault/power is a big cultural problem.

Not defending them, but I also think keyboard Warriors are being way to revisionist. It seems doing nothing is a social/cultural problem bigger than 1 sport

Turning a blind eye is so common, it seems to me most people would do the same

they probably thought a 6'3 205lbs hockey player that'd been in dozens of fights easily could say no. You don't run into too many of these scenarios where the victim could easily overpower and beat the s**t out of the predator

The thing is, he was a 20 year old kid trying to make it in the NHL to fulfill their dreams. From what I heard on the LeBatard show on Wednesday and Thursday is that Brad Aldrich had way more control over that Beach's future than most realize. Video coaches can literally control what is being shown to the rest of the coaching staff, good or bad. If you remove good plays and substitute them with mediocre ones then suddenly he's back in the minors. Add in hockey being the most conservative sport out there, and the Hawks being in the middle of a Stanley Cup run and of course all of it was pushed aside. Its sad that its gonna take a couple generations for this mindset in sports to change. The s**t I've seen about the women's gymnastic team coming forward is just as disgusting. This country is f**ked up with what sides some people decide to be apologists for.
The thing is, he was a 20 year old kid trying to make it in the NHL to fulfill their dreams. From what I heard on the LeBatard show on Wednesday and Thursday is that Brad Aldrich had way more control over that Beach's future than most realize. Video coaches can literally control what is being shown to the rest of the coaching staff, good or bad. If you remove good plays and substitute them with mediocre ones then suddenly he's back in the minors. Add in hockey being the most conservative sport out there, and the Hawks being in the middle of a Stanley Cup run and of course all of it was pushed aside. Its sad that its gonna take a couple generations for this mindset in sports to change. The s**t I've seen about the women's gymnastic team coming forward is just as disgusting. This country is f**ked up with what sides some people decide to be apologists for.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1v221cS-Npo

My Rangers off to a good start, 5-2-1, new guys looking good(Sammy Blais, Patrik Nemeth, Ryan Reaves & Barclay Goodrow), also Adam Fox looking like the elite defensemen he is. Shesterkin looking good in goal too.
My Rangers off to a good start, 5-2-1, new guys looking good(Sammy Blais, Patrik Nemeth, Ryan Reaves & Barclay Goodrow), also Adam Fox looking like the elite defensemen he is. Shesterkin looking good in goal too.

My Stars look like total poop

should probably be like 1-7 but Holtby stole some games

My Stars look like total poop

should probably be like 1-7 but Holtby stole some games

I hear ya, sorry I never responded for fantasy hockey, I just got back into Hockey like 4 yrs back, still getting used to the players again, it used to be for me, NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAAF/M, & then NHL, now it's NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAAF/M & MLB in those orders, I don't know all the players well enough like I do NFL, or did with baseball, I don't watch anymore, heck I'd watch CFL or Soccer before MLB, just get bored of it, I'm more of watch baseball live in stands, which me & my Dad did for so many years with the Astros old Short A affiliate here in Albany NY area, now they're no longer affiliated with anyone, plus with my Dad's passing, I just don't care about baseball anymore, I watched his Mets with him, that's about it.
Old people are a*****es.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nhl/comments/qjs6mi/old_man_steals_puck_from_a_kid/
$9.5m a yr 7yr extension for my Rangers' Adam Fox, well worth it.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Nov 1, 2021 at 6:09 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone